Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
lmbo at anyone who bought the game before seeing concrete gameplay other than demo features

do what you need to do Derek Smart, good luck friend. Perhaps you'll be the black hole this godforsaken mess needs and the era of kickstarters will come to a head, when it never kickstarted to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

yea okay

i mean it snot like a very ambitious or absurd request, SC will deliver. I can wait 2 more years for this content to add onto the overall immersion

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
ok so when is Derek Smart gonna start up litigation?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

xiansi posted:

Within a number of weeks, and that number is between one and three.

:munch:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

spacetoaster posted:

Wonder how these guys are doing.

no loving way, get that poo poo outta my face eonwe

that cannot be real :cripes:

i could buy a car with that and itd be real

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

CrazyLoon posted:

Lol. Half of me almost wishes that CIG cultist, that gave me the spinning pink elephant, wasn't so wishy-washy when he figured out I actually liked the AV change. That way I, too, would be mistaken for glorious shitposter Eonwe.

all of us are just eonwe parachute accounts, we're just that delusional

Derek Smart will set them free, he's doing the right thing.

Inshallah, Derek Smart. Inshallah.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
im glad of Elite Dangerous imo

:rip: SC backers lmbo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Devian666 posted:

Even if SC got finished they'd still be hosed. Some of them would dislike the game and only play a few hours, others would be bored by the lack of progression because they paid for all the ships, or they'd realise they could grind for a few hours and buy them without using money. If the game is released or not there's going to be a poo poo storm. The lack of cash left in the bank will happen first it's just a matter of how many weeks.

I've had a long cynical history with mmo development starting with something obscure called Face Of Mankind. It was supposed to be basically Deus Ex the MMO but its a long and complicated story but the essential "over-ambitious" developer bit off more than he could chew and fired half his staff bringing what was once a potential goldmine to a completely obscure game nobody will ever hear of, deservedly so.

When I first heard of Star Citizen in 2012 after the wake of the FoM revival that was basically a server hosting scam run by NeXeon, which is another long complicated story, I saw Chris Roberts being basically the next Marko Dieckmann of Face of Mankind. I just knew this was an a very ambitious project and I was never going to back it. In fact I've never backed any kickstarter for the very reason that it could just be another server hosting scam with vaporware, which is what any game can essentially be during this kickstarter era.

When you get to a neurotic wishy-washy level of ambition, it's never gonna go anywhere lol and that's how I view Chris Roberts, despite how very little I know about him or read up on him. All the signs are right there.

I'm just chiming in here because of the potential litigation, even though I don't really care much for Derek Smart or his bad games, At least someone will fight when someone should have fought for Face of Mankind being turned into a flat out scam. I'm just at the point where I'm fascinated to see this clusterfuck of a car pile up with trains colliding and planes falling out of the sky into the same spot ontop of a giant Armageddon tier meteorite breaking through the ozone on this sweet spot. Everything's pretty much aligned with the stars and I just wonder what's gonna happen to the kickstarter era once Star Citizen incurs such a heavy mass from all the millions it piled up. Will it become an inverse blackhole and tear itself apart? Only time will tell friend.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:smugdog:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i cant believe there's a SC cult squad dedicated to taking down funny pics off imgur

fascist just like their scam overlord Chris Roberts, its the gestapo allover again

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
this thread is going places

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i revisited some of the first few pages and already like more than half of the images are taken down

this is really absurd, are they really that upset over some dumb jokes

i wish to see PAAAAAAARRP again tia

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Gerbil_Pen posted:

You should start a new crowfall thread tia

thats quietly swept under the rug for a reason friend,

thats a pandora's box you're not opening but ripping in half

think of the consenquences man....

lives are literally at stake here

also obligatory :gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SneakyFrog posted:

not the OG parp.. but a rare parp

by the way peter i need the original airhorn parp yo.

ty friend

a rare parp indeed

now i must embark on a quest to find the rarest of parps if you willl

I activate my Jojo Stand, Gary and the Oldmans. Your attacks are useless for I shall :gary: PAARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRP!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hey reddit

:gary:

what can you do now? :smugdog:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SneakyFrog posted:

I have quite the collection. :wink: I trade for ship jaypeegees.

that would be the bee's parps

parps for jpgs

in fact

gary.parp

instead of gary.jpeg if you will

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SneakyFrog posted:

TASTE THE RAINBOW

PARP* THE RAINBOW

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:ocelot:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

they dub it Stargur unironically :yikes:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
are the cult people melting down over parpgate? I want it to be a thing but not a forced thing obvi but wanting it to be a thing makes it forced so i am in quite the conundrum

also calling it parpgate :suicide:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SneakyFrog posted:

dunno.. we havent had anyone coming in from reddit or 4chan lately tell us how loving normie we are for the past day or so, just the usual dicks. but you know...

reddit is always archiving.

reddit always archiving makes me feel like they're dweeby aspie librarians who sift through irrelevant information and store them regardless while people just do their thing and not care. Like some kind of cyber data weavers, scrying through the data stream as they would probably imagine themselves being/doing, making pew pew'ing and hyperspace humming sounds while clicking submit.

:gary: archive this reddit

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:gary: Gary PAAAAAAARPman

if he died suddenly, would he be known for Zorg, Gordon or now PAAAAAAAAAARP?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:gary: EVERRRRRRRYYYYPAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRP

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:gary::wrong: works super well

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Well clearly this thread has gone nowhere.

Archive this, redditor :smugbert:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

you're the best :gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

struck a nerve huh?

i had to type out words on an internet thing to show others that this non-event didn't affect me

so nice try losers, your PAAARP thing doesn't bother me or affects my cognitive dissonance in the long term, no sir. nope nope nope, GOOD DAY TO YOU STAR CITIZEN WILL PREVAIL AHAHAHA :shepface:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I'm the redditors deeply offended by a silly photoshop forums meme.

according to one of the redditors who have a high moral ground unlike us slimy thugs

making gary oldman mocap maymays is the equivalent of dead baby jokes, so its tasteless and you should be ashamed imo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

D_Smart posted:

Yes. Retarded. Completely.

Imo comparing a redditor to an actual special needs is an insult to the special needs people in the world

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
my workflow is optimized

:gary::respek::grin:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
my flow is optimized

smoke fools and get them lobotomized

my blade swing free

decapitate a hater with amazing ease

this is not a game boy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Agrajag posted:

the main difference is dissenting opinions aren't voted down so no one else sees them. people are free to come in here and defend CIG and Crobizzle and everyone will still be able to see it

right, that makes it even more echo chambery for them and circlejerky

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

AP posted:

To be fair Star Citizen possibly is content complete.

you lost me at possibly

let me just wave my magic dick wand

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

D_Smart posted:

I am a champagne or sparkling (not Proseco) wine kinda guy. No hard liquor, beer, regular wine or anything of the sort. I do drink wine coolers once in awhile and sometimes hard lemonade if there's nothing else.

hosed up if true

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

woah a game within a game? Sounds like a good value.

Wait what's the first game again?

They need to have arcades with mini games in too, you know for recreational purposes

And food, nightclubs with pole dancers, transportation, more variety of jobs like office worker, lawyers etc

it should be really immersive, not everyone will be really good at spaceships and exploring though so it should accommodate the other players left in the dark in this multipurpose all inclusive game.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

AP posted:

It's like an addiction for some, they need help really.

:wtchris:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Omi-Polari posted:

Ah. That makes sense.

But they seriously "court martialed" a deaf guy? Can you imagine being "court martialed" by some random assholes on the internet? Do they do it over Skype? "There will now be a recess as defense counsel requests Mountain Dew and Cheetos." *hits computer desk with gavel*

As a deaf person, this makes me laugh. They would need video relay for that dumb poo poo, so imagine involving real people to interpret into this process, as if they've entered a secret room of inexplicable happenings only to be incredulous as one assumes that this pertains to some kind of bizarre fetish roleplay.

One can only imagine at least anyways. This kind of absurdity is why I prefer to keep in the dark about a lot of things in general, including my life.

Although, I'm just wondering what's this about a kangaroo court over JPEG ships?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Decrepus posted:

As a deaf person can you imagine what a constipated person's voice would sound like or do you not have enough context? I mean this unironically.

I'm not really gonna go in too in depth with this but I hear enough, I just say deaf because people don't really understand what hard-of-hearing means. It would be like describing color to a dog.

I hear enough to know that yes, deaf people sound funny when they talk and yea people are dicks about it, but then again I can hear enough to know that hearing people speak like they have marbles in their mouth 80% of the time and can't enunciate properly to save their lives, so they might as well be drunk slurring considering that would be a large improvement. Most people to me, are just weird creatures who harness vibrations in their throat and emit them out at others and all I hear is that without any distinction, thats all I can surmise.

Again though, I would like to know about this kangaroo space court involving this deaf person, not because of solidarity but because this amuses me greatly and I want to mock this relentlessly among my friends.

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 1, 2015

• Locked thread