Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Duckaerobics posted:

I think Bootcha suggested that all of the original investors had been bought out once all the "pledge" money started rolling in.

Also, I doubt CIG would hide that money, they love to show off how much they have taken in. If nothing else any extra money is being used to boost the funding tracker.

I've joined the stimpire could someone triple my pain every second please? Thanks.

A VC firm will never let them disclose that investment publicly unless it pays off. Since they are generally liars too they like to keep the illusion of constant success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I asked the open world question on the forums, and by far my favorite answer was this.

"I think that you're just trying to put too much emphasis on a few buzz words from the article. SQ-42's scope and playability was always meant to make one feel as though they are not just playing a single player, linear game, but instead having the same depth as the PU. The reality however is that at it's core, it will still be the same limited scope game that all single player games of this type are at heart. CIG's goal is just to hide that fact from us and have us enjoy it as though we didn't know any better."

Enjoy as though you didn't know better and shut your face.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Mirificus posted:

Welcome to the thread :). I recognize you from your RSI forum posts about Star Marine.

Lol thanks. My days are numbered there. I got a ban for "enticing members to seek refunds" when i suggested a chargeback when support wouldn't respond to someone. Which i took as an admission that if you show people there is a door they will gladly walk out. After my month ban i was immediately given another on my first post for being antagonistic. Good times. The thread that quote was from was closed for "false information" but i understand that because pcgamer is full of liars and bad people and are not worthy of his word.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Toops posted:

STAAAAAHPP!!!!!

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/327927/unrealistic-storyline

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Mirificus posted:

I remember seeing the first month-long probation. Is the second one what prompted you to join this thread?

That does sound like it would be fun.

That was actually my 4th ban. Ive meant to join a couple of times over the years then got sidetracked. I started watching this thread when i noticed goons were being banned just for being goons. I dig the sports forums too, and if elite ever stops sucking i might join the diamond frogs.

I think what rattled my cage is that its so recognizable as a fishing con. Like the nigerian prince emails, the idea is to snare the gullible and to turn away the skeptics. You want cynical people or people that ask questions to actually recognize it and dismiss it as "no one would fall for that", and then go away. Cynical people will gently caress your poo poo up, ask questions, and generally won't let it go if you do fool them. So really you don't want them falling for it, they'll call the cops on you. What you want is broken people, so you need a dog whistle. Here that's "immersion" and "fidelity". To be honest im not sure if thats what they set out to do, but they are absolutely one of the best at it i have ever seen.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

It'll cause me grief if space poors have anything to do besides fetching my hard lemonade.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

When did CIG star hiring necromancers?

That second quote.. holy gently caress

In charge of selling spaceships to kids.. what could go wrong?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

grimcreaper posted:

Wait... your kidding right? Thats not an actual quote is it?

If it is... gently caress CiG. Seriously.

Yeah im curious too. Like is this out of context or something? I've obviously missed some disturbing poo poo here, but how in the gently caress does he have a loving community manager position still?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

That poo poo is more disturbing than i thought.

https://m.imgur.com/Vhz5IfR?r

That is genuinely funny with no context at all. Like show that to anybody and they will laugh.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Tortolia posted:

I imagine they closed ranks around Ben purely to spite goons and Derek, since we were beating the drum. We can't assume that things would have been different if it was a big site running with it (see: Chris and the Escapist), but it might have led to something.

One of the pictures i looked at was only viewed 6k times. I mean i follow this pretty close and i missed it. Has anyone confronted them with it through customer support? I kinda doubt the press will run it unless it causes a stir, but im positive this will eventually be shoved in their face publicly. Imagine ea having to deal with this during the simcity release..

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Can you imagine any other company keeping this guy after that was revealed? I mean, even though it was 8 years ago shouldn't matter. Paula Dean (Ben Lesnicks spirit animal) got knocked off the air for saying the N word once, in a private conversation, 30 years ago.

I mean if a 100k people know he's gone, but 6k ish? That doesn't really hurt them.
If you are in on the jokes... then its only a problem when its public, and even then just for being stupid enough to out himself. I can totally imagine him being able to say, "sandi that poo poo you sent me last week was worse" lol.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think there will be a disappointing game by the general publics standards that may or may not fail shortly after. But they don't care because all of this was a scheme to fund mocap studios anyways. It might even make them happy to ditch this annoying rear end project. This blows up, he still has a spider web of protected assets. I think its telling that all the equipment he has is above and beyond what movies even use, he's looking towards the future of that industry not this game.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Tell me who he's in debt to?

Even if he was in debt that company is separate isn't it? If they keep the funds separate and cig is paying them to do it per a contract one failing won't hurt the other.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I looked it up and apparently they use imaginarium for mocap. So i guess my new theory is that he is just an idiot running his career into the ground.

Also ive managed to come this far without hearing him talk, now that i have lol.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

https://youtu.be/vT3bEv_UBac

Thats the video i saw about the studio. Not sure if they are saying its s 10m studio or the 10m stretch goal.

Also don't these people make track ir? Kinda funny track ir doesn't work anymore if so.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Rodney-CK posted:

I like how scripted these things are.

Just stumbled upon random people playing Uno lol!!!

Yet it's the same people we see everywhere. And the room is completely cold and empty feeling. Except for Grey Guy.

Hey CIG, change it up a bit and have Sandi tweet pictures of her having a good old time near the people working in the work room. The one with bars on all the windows. Feels so super fun and spontaneous that way lol haha woohoo!!!

I mean ben comes in the cafeteria, you act like you are playing uno, or prepare to fight.

Bet those fuckers mash all their food together and down it like they are in prison.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/328388/would-you-like-cig-s-product-presentation-to-be-more-clear-and-accurate

This is the second thread like this he has posted. I wonder if he's on the verge of getting it. I mean he does their work for them while making the post. He's put more thought into it than the loving devs, and arrives at the conclusion that its a communication problem...

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

"I spent 30k on star citizen and you should too!" - 0.0hrs on record

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

"Anyone who doesn’t feel this is welcome to the door, and as you must now realize there have been a few people who haven’t shared the same passion or love and now resent being called out for it."

What a weird thing to say. "Resent being called out for it"... like did they gently caress someone over and make an example out of them? Or do these dumbshits think there is a social stigma attached to not liking SC?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuOxMtlHRcE

Reminder that this is from a real conversation Sandi had at CIG, and she was so proud of it that she re-enacted it and put it in her acting portfolio.

and that the "being called out" line is used in the response to the escapist as well.

Yeah, maybe its obvious to most people but it just kinda dawned on me. Thats the sort of thing you say after vindication, or a huge success. Like, "remember when jhonny said the beatles would never make it hahaha" but they didn't even have the pu then. It makes me think that will always consider this a success no matter how bad it goes, even if it goes belly up, because their metric of success is based purely on money raised. To them that was vindication, so job done.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Is there more to do now? Serious question, haven't played in a couple of months but have been thinking of going back.

There's a big update next week that overhauls the missions.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

that glassdoor review is incredible. of course its sandi. it has to be. the 'sandi is anabelle boo huxley' conspiracy was the tip of the iceberg.

Lol that crazy sperg sends me the cattiest messages when i get bans and as far as I'm aware I've never even interacted with her on the forums.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

TTerrible posted:

Annabelle Huxley sends you lovely PMs?

POST THEM IMMEDIATELY.

Im on my phone and i don't know how to post pics. What are you guys using to post umm posts?

"Hey dude, how's it going?

Just wanted to drop by and say that I'm loving that little red sticker under your post count."

"Please go back to Derek Smarts forum and stay the gently caress out of here....you are not welcome!"

Always dumb poo poo like these.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I'm not one for reporting people but you should report this people

I wont lie i thought about it, but the report function isnt immediately obvious for pm's.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

So yeah ill report her, but these messages are in my inbox, and i dont see anyway to report it. Should i bang out an email to support? That might be more entertaining anyways.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

speak of the devil..

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/328296/the-pu-aint-what-it-used-to-be

sorry about the link ill sort my horrible internet skills i swear it.

"Time passes and these things seemed to have all been squashed mostly…… mostly. So I thought I’d archive a few just for old times’ sake.
Any you’d wish to share for the record?"

pgabz would you like to share any bugs for the record? Ill be more than happy to post it in that thread for you.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I cannot, no matter how hard I try, get out of a Mustang without falling out of the side of it. There is no other way out.
This is not helped by the fact that the only way in to the pilots seat is by crawling on the floor, if you walk you fall out of the side.
I have never found another way of doing it, all the times in my vids where I am bumbling around inside a Mustang is never for comedy effect, that is literally me trying to play the game

So i bought in thinking it would probably be like elite, barebones and overhyped, but whatever, good enough. I didnt really research at all, but ive bought plenty of poo poo games, so no biggie. I bought the mustang and couldnt get in the drat thing, so i go and ask what ship i should buy so i can dick around now. Of course everybody was like "buy an avenger, its great, doesnt have those issues etc." (i think, its the delta wing one, black and white, whatever that is). Thats still like regular game price so whatever. Load it up and fall right through the floor. Those loving assholes in that forum deserve everything thats coming to them.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I called that the Ice Cream Van for about a year.
That's the one with the bizarre bondage racks in the back isn't it that I do the Bolero with?

The nose is bent down because thats the most efficient way to space, and it has 4 storage containers for my anime body pillows.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Bondage racks? Is it the official ship of the Stimpire?

And honest question, as I have only ever tried to play SC for 5 minutes on Vs computer during free flight, is everything broken? Is there, for real, anything that works?

In my experience pgabz videos actually make the game appear more playable than it actually is. And it isnt any one bug, its always something new, its like a procedural bug generator.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Palisader posted:

You can thank my neighbors. And yeah, he's in the desiccated Christmas tree. I have a closer shot.

gently caress that snake, i bet derek smart put it there too with is bandai cronies.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Lol you dont know what you are talking about, you can't even serve drinks.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Tortolia posted:

I love this. 2016 is just decimating them via competition.

No Man's Sky for your massive galactic exploration and B'tak imposed isolation needs

Infinite Warfare for a solo ground and space combat storyline and multi-player competitive gameplay and probably co-op missions

Elite continuing to push out new releases marrying the two approaches for an online galaxy

What else? Any other major space releases to further kick them while down?

I also wonder if this is going to be the trigger for the media to dogpile on CIG finally. They finally have legitimate high budget high spectacle space and ground warfare gaming coming out, they know it will be a playable action showcase at worst, and coming from a company that knows how to cater to gaming media. Why continue to tiptoe around the high budget but increasingly irrelevant bullshit of CIG when you could get six or seven figure clicks on an IW article or video without the lunatics and drama?

https://www.inovaestudios.com/battlescape

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

sorry i accidentally hit post.

An epic space sim where 100's of players wage war across a seamless, procedurally generated, true to scale solar system!

"Infinity: Battlescape is a multiplayer space sim involving hundreds of players split across three competing corporations of the Starfold Confederacy fighting for control of a procedurally generated, true to scale solar system filled with planets, moons, asteroid belts, and other celestial phenomenon. Seamless planetary transitions will bring combat from deep space to the surface of alien worlds. The primary goal will be to destroy your enemies and their infrastructure through orbital bombardment from capital ships and/or an array of smaller spacecraft including bombers, interceptors, and corvettes."

This one looks like it might have the best gameplay if your into pvp.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

FrankieGoes posted:

It'll just get moved to "Other Games."

Are there some quotes out there regarding this? I know he said SC would be "more lethal" than CoD but IMO that just means you die after a three rounds to the torso instead of seven, or whatever. But on the opposite side I do think I remember him talking about SC FPS being so awesome it'll become the next big esport trend, so maybe that's where the "SC FPS is better than CoD" comes from. Regardless, there are shitizens that definitely think Crobbits has promised SC FPS will blow everyone else away, as evidenced by one or two of the recent RSI forum quotes. Which is hilarious. Regardless of what anyone thinks about the evils of big name publishers, and specifically those that push out new FPS games every year or two, they're not morons. They know what they're doing. They know what works, and what doesn't, and how to be efficient and effective, because they've been doing it for two decades or whatever. The Crobbler has never made an FPS in his life but he's going to come along, devote 15% of his budget to it, and blow them all away? Come on.

This is pulled from a tommynoble comment, and. i think he found more, but this was coming up a lot when found out we had starmarine all along.

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/games/stories/1331726969794/star-marine-interview-with-chris-roberts

"Of note:
“Best playable soldiers on the simulated Battlefield.” -CR

“Everything in Star Citizen has to be as good or better than anything out there,” -CR

“We want to make sure that the combat that you get in Star Citizen isn’t just a dumbed-down version of an FPS. We also want to make sure our FPS has its own personality.” -CR"

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/328695/sc-development-timeframe#latest

Karl is going to get banned if he keeps telling people to get refunds. Seriously when someone like the auditor flips a 180 and goes loose cannon, the jig is up.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4hnth6/so_this_britizencon_thing/

"After that age-old problem of mentioning Star Citizen for the 400th time, people keep leaving the room or mysteriously going offline, so I thought it was about time I tried to mingle with pre-converted people."

"I am not going, but can someone explain why whenever I bring up SC, everyone "has to go now"?"

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've said it for quite some time now, but I remain convinced that the remaining backers who still defend CIG are the ones who are incapable of telling the difference between what they hope will happen and what will happen.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...m-combat#latest

discussions like this really bring them out. nothing is set in stone if its even been mentioned how any of this will work, yet every single post is some elaborately worked out fantasy about how the mechanics will work. Every answer is different and they all just merrily talk past each other completely content the version in their head is exactly how it will be.

Edit: the link dumps to the end of the thread, i meant to link to the front page.

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 3, 2016

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4hktbh/just_bought_an_aurora_package_i_want_to_get/

You shouldn't sell your car but if you do...

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...e-expected.aspx

Call of Duty has a rich history of bringing in actors who lend their likeness and voices to the campaigns, like Kevin Spacey in Advance Warfare. What acting talent will Infinite Warfare feature?

"Kurosaki: We’re not really talking specifically about who is in the game right now, but what I can tell you is that we’ve talked about Brian Bloom (Wolfenstein: The New Order, Dragon Age: Inquisition). Brian Bloom is the actor portraying Commander Nick Reyes and Brian is a veteran screen actor as well as in a lot of other games. He’s also one of the writers for Infinite Warfare, which is important to us. Brian has worked on both Ridley and Tony Scott’s films, penned the A-Team movie, and consulted on many games. So he’s the one talent we’re talking about but what I can say is that the rest of our cast are all very well-known movie and television actors who are all on your favorite HBO and Showtime shows – things of that nature – and films as well.

One of our big advantages is that we do work in Los Angeles where the vast majority of the Hollywood talent is, so we don’t have to shoot over the course of two weeks. What we can do is have our shooting schedule mirror that of a feature film or like a high-end Netflix episodic television series, because we have access to these actors. And we think that nets a much better narrative fidelity working "with actors of this caliber alongside our Navy SEAL advisers and things like that on set.

Oh weird they don't travel accross the globe and make the actors come to their homes to film, total shitshow.

"Narrative fidelity"

Shots fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/325247/star-citizen-companion-mobile-application#latest

"I don't afford a smart phone that can run apps, and when it comes to obtaining aggregated data, i prefer to not install superfluous software when a website could have provided that."

Can anybody interpret this dudes backer symbols. Smart phones arent a necessity but still..

• Locked thread