Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

I'm cold right now, will trade space ship .jpeg for a nice wool scarf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Scruffpuff posted:

If I were working there and was able to completely steer clear of Sandi, I'd probably stick around

Scruffpuff was happily putting the finishing touches on a new .jpeg starship that would sell for $350 at Roberts Space Industries. His cubicle was in a secluded corner where he could work away from the crazed gaze of management. As he was about to click save in Photoshop, he felt something like two icy daggers boring into his back. Scruffpuff willed his body not to turn around, but found himself turning slowly in his aeron chair regardless. There behind him was Sandi, her eyes like the deep black of the 'verse. Those eyes, they seemed to calculate Scruffpuff's exact dollar value to Sandi, and found he fell below a critical threshold. She crooked a skeletal finger at him and hissed "Come, it's time to practice my Acting."

Scruffpuff had just wanted a paycheck. His last thoughts were of his children.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Beet Wagon posted:

"Austin studio? What Austin studi - I mean oh yes! Our Austin studio! Certainly apply my friend! I will warn you though, the Austin studio is large and thriving and very full of dedicated workers doing their part for the 'Verse. You may not hear back from them for some time..."

Live from Austin studio

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

fuzzknot posted:

Sorry, I only have jpegs of scarves. Here is a terrible photo of the scarf I had on this morning:

Will send starship .jpeg on release.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

2DCAT posted:

Here's a preview of the new scarf module:

Croberts plans on selling each scarf jpeg for $50, but I'm willing to offer everyone a goon discount and sell it to folks here for a mere $25.

Now make scarves for the space ships if you want the real cash.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

zcrow posted:

I'm so sorry.

Thank you for this, it made my day.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

:homebrew: Hope you are ready for that Chris Roberts cash to start rollin' in. :homebrew:

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

fuzzknot posted:

Oh, I forgot. I began a scarf for Bootcha but have temporarily abandoned it while I work on a blanket for a friend's wife. I started the scarf, hosed it up, frogged it, began again, and now it's less than an inch long and sitting abandoned while I work on the blanket. The scarf IS Star Citizen. It's perfect. I'll have to get a picture of it.

Maybe an unmelt token would help.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Solomonic posted:

See you in the hearse, Commando

Bury me with my .jpeg scarf.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Chris Roberts does have one talent, I have never been so happy I didn't spent money on something. Thanks Chris.

Maybe Chris should be looking to insurance companies for more funding, after all, he made nerds super excited about insuring space ships.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Landing zones aren't systems. They've promised 100 systems. But if you assume a capacity of 1 million spergs that means each system has to support 10,000 people. Even if you assume only 100,000 people will play (something like three times EVE's peak load) that's still 1000 players per system... assuming a perfectly even distribution.

The best thing about Star Citizen is finding out all the ways it can't possibly work.

:captainpop:

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Lime Tonics posted:

Even though Squadron 42 is released as a final product, players will also here have to be patient: “The one player campaign in Squadron 42 is played out in five chapters, with around 15 hours of content in each chapter. Each chapter will be like a game in it self, and when all the chapters are released Squadron 42 will contain over 70 hours of content.” - ERIN ROBERTS

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5323399/#Comment_5323399

Backers get the first 2 chapters for free, after that who knows how much they gonna charge.

The scam continues.

So, that means in the neighborhood of 55 hours of cutscenes?

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

I prefer 'tism tokens myself.

You should kickstarter this idea right now.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Eonwe posted:

translation: we still have no idea why there is an elevator that just straight up doesn't work, but now we also have a jet-pack looking item that just disappears and we also have no idea why

I like to think that they don't know what it is or where it came from, let alone why it appears and disappears.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

alf_pogs posted:

keep playing this game mode that continues to crash all of the times

we need MORE DATA

WE DON'T CARE IF ITS FUN

KEEP PLAYING

More like

WE DON'T CARE IF ITS FUN

KEEP PLAYING BUYING

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

This thread has inspired me. I got a rescue cat so I can read this thread while petting him and laughing my rear end off.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Madcosby posted:

When the SQ42 movie comes out (prob a $12 rental on their site, free for conceirge members, proceeds go towards finishing the game), we should all be sure to watch it at the exact same moment, then live thread rifftrax the whole thing

PROMISE ME

*cuts palm, jpgs come out*

Lets get Mike Nelson in on this.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

alf_pogs posted:

what a sweetheart

He's super chill. Before I picked him up, I made him a bed out of an old t-shirt and a shoe box. My wife was offended by this and insisted on buying him a stuffed fleece bed. He refuses to get in the fleece bed and is sleeping in the shoebox.

:3: :3:

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

T.G. Xarbala posted:

(offtopic postin in the stars and cattes thread lol)

You know, if you haven't already seen it, maybe you might be interested in reading the long-running Battletech play-by-post thread we've got going over in Let's Play. It's been around for half a decade and it's a great read. The GM, PoptartsNinja, is among other things a freelance writer who's done some work for Catalyst Game Labs.

He's right, that thread is rad.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Berious posted:

Not to go all Pet Island "YOU ARE DOING CATTE WRONG!!!!11111 :argh:" on you, but you should move your cattes water away from his food. Your catte will be much happier

http://www.vetprofessionals.com/catprofessional/downloads/Tips%20for%20encouraging%20your%20cat%20to%20drink.pdf

Thanks! This isn't the permanent spot for his stuff, we are just keeping him in here while we get our other cat used to the idea that there is another cat around. I'll adjust the water bowl.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

peter gabriel posted:

I cried while I made that video

I cried too, hang in there commando!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Eonwe posted:

All new SA members reading this thread I am willing to provide an SA posting mentoring service for free

Namaste

The shitpost in me honors the shitpost in you.

• Locked thread