Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
gently caress yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/658372399746826240

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SneakyFrog posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving#/

note:

I work with lasers every day, this product simply cannot work the way they claim.

SneakyFrog posted:

its like star citizen

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Raskolnikov posted:

Derek Smart has had zero contact with my friend or her husband about DickWulf so either he is talking to ANOTHER married woman who received pics or his communications with "my friend" has been a long standing troll of Dr. Derek Smart Phd.

In her words:

"We never asked Derek to help us get justice. [Husband] got his refund. It's done. Wulf's life is it's own reward. Period. Why kick a dwarf?"

I just wanted to make sure this is clear for the ladies and gentlesirs of Space Court.

It doesn't read like the source was your friend or her husband. It reads like a staff member within CIG.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dante80 posted:

The message confirms that she had zero contact with Derek. Again, the text seems to be from a CIG insider talking TO Smart.
Has your friend or her husband complained to CIG?

Or used the term "Wulge"? Because if so kudos on creating such an epic name.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pftc posted:

Pedo Citizen

Well that certainly puts things in perspective.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

Five compartments are flooded. Some people are getting life jackets. Everyone else is talking about how amazing New York is going to be.

The dinner menu looks amazing.

The folks who already swam to shore are starting to wonder about the people throwing their luggage into the furnace.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Liquid Gold

Ingredients
5 Gallons Motts Apple Juice
10 lbs Granulated Cane Sugar
4 lbs Turbinado Sugar
3 lbs Honey
10 Packets Danstar Champagne Years (2.5 cups Water)
Yeast Nutrient
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp Cardamom

Process
1. Pour apple juice, sugar, and honey into sanitized container. Shake well.
2. Hydrate yeast with nutrient.
3. Pitch yeast. Make sure you have a blowoff tube.
4. Add spices.
5. Age until you get tired of waiting.

Notes
1. The longer you let it age, the smoother it will taste. I'm expecting this stuff to be amazing in a year.
2. This is insanely potent. 18% ABV.
3. I've done some experiments with Wyeast 4347 and it might make things a bit crisper. Still takes a lot of aging. Might try a starter with apple juice next time.
4. You'll need a massive bucket for this. I had a 6 gallon carboy and it was nearly overflowing between the honey and juice.
5. I wish I had known how to make this stuff when I was in college.

EDIT: I doubt Blarghle reads this thread but the above recipe was inspired by him.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 28, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:captainpop:
Is it really possible to get to 18% ABV without distilling? Mind=blown

Yes. You can get over 20% with the right yeast. The longer you age the less bite the alcohol has, and instead the result is a very pleasant and buttery smooth taste.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

On a related note, I picked some hops I found growing near home - no idea whatsoever of what kind it is - and have frozen it in the hope of using it for brewing some time. How likely is it that I wasted my time and/or future beer?

You'll never know until you try. Head over to the homebrewing thread and ask for suggestions. You typically need a bunch of whole hops to make an impact so I'm not sure how much you have.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Agrajag posted:

how can anyone not look at this and think the game will be poo poo? literally a loving dark blob with some red accents and the helmet i dont even know

According to the supposed letter by David Jennison, formerly the lead character artist for CIG:

quote:

In looking over the models of the FPS Marines and Pirates, it should be clear that some are better than others. The difference in quality? Concept. The Heavy Marine and Heavy Pirate had completed concepts that did not change through the building of the model. They are a balanced and polished piece of art as intended by the concept artist. The others? Their concepts changed repeatedly during the model building. They crawled to the finish line as Frankenstein assets, cobbled together by different artists.

So the sad thing is that, out of all of the concepts, the Heavy Pirate is supposedly one of the most cohesive ones. Of course we don't actually know if what we're seeing now is what they finished because...

quote:

One production phenomenon that has become familiar to anyone working under Roberts is ‘Unapproval.’ That is, when something that was previously approved becomes unacceptable later on in production for reasons known to Roberts only. It is usually based on whim or a nebulous quality bar that has shifted.
When you get approval only to have it revoked later on, repeatedly, approval becomes meaningless. It is no longer a metric of progression. It does not energize or motivate you. It is met with apathy or cynicism.
Redoing the same asset over and over again kills the spirit, and I suspect this was largely the reason the UK character team collapsed.

Fun fact; this is what they had for the FPS a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cir3w-wIx9U

What the gently caress happened?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is Nick Butler (that's him in the wheelchair) aka /user/NitroTypat/ aka @Bipii_4084.

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds (1, 2, 3, 4), he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

Hey Nick, if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.

Aaaaaand we're creepy again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

Holy poo poo my kids go to that school.

*kids are not featured above.

e: my oldest says he's just a quiet normal friendly dude. I think you really should let this go.

FIRST Robotics? gently caress yes that kid is awesome in my book.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

11min, 3.5mi :dance:

On a serious note Derek, I've talked to my kid. This guy's had to deal with a lot of poo poo. Stafford is half upper-end suburbs but the other half is pure redneck territory with Confederate flags and a dislike for anything that isn't fishin' or muddin'.

Let this one go and remove the info.

Holy poo poo you're like an hour away from me. The amount of sperg contained around DC is insane.

D_Smart posted:

Not sure why that's creepy. Clowns harassing and abusing people online don't get any special treatment. It works both ways. If they can troll my social media feeds, my forums posts etc and setup shop on Reddit to continue their attacks, abusive behavior, harassment etc, so can I.

You know how pathetic Sandi looked when she "found" that letter proving she went to college? This is the same thing, only with the added bonus that you literally threatened to call someone's parents. It's creepy because you made it personal.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

that's him in the wheelchair

That's him in the wheelchair
That's him in the spotlight
Losing his privacy
Trying to keep up with Smart
And I don't know how he can do it
Oh no we've sperged too much
We haven't sperged enough

drat Dirty Ape posted:

That's him in the spot-light, poo poo-post-ing on twitter

gently caress that's better.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

I think I brought it up once regarding 40k. Almost went to the NoVA open but blew it off last minute.

Do you still play 7th? I have a table and I know you have beer.

I have all my poo poo but haven't played it in forever. Firestorm Armada looks awesome though. I'd be down for sperging out.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sillybones posted:

Design by committee? What a clusterfuck.

CIG is the worst possible combination of design by committee combined with micromanagement.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Given how horrible Sandi is when speaking directly to staff imagine what she says about Wulf behind his back.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Has there been anything about the other staff who quit?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

I'm trying to catch up but I'm hoping to read some new news on the Swedish mafia and all of the lawsuits that are happening.

Unfortunately like all good things this thread will devolve into shitposts. It's goontropy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

theres the good kind of shitposts and the bad kind of shitposts tho

True. But all threads inexorably see an increase in shitposting. It's a law of nature.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chalks posted:

What the everloving gently caress is that?

Something Chris Roberts wrote in response to bad press.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Every time I see the thread title I get a little sad that it's not "Star Citizen: Church of Christ Roberts & The Latter Day Spergs"

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone linked this: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15031-Star-Citizen-Alpha-20-Flight-Model-Changes

quote:

SCM Mode

Once you’ve cleared any nearby objects and have come up to speed you’ll want to switch into Space Combat Maneuvering mode. SCM is one of the biggest changes to the flight control system, but on the surface it closely mimics the current flight mechanics that you may already be used to in Arena Commander. The real power of SCM mode is that maximum velocity is a now dynamically calculated as a function of force and mass: F/m * T = SCM Max Velocity – this means anything that any changes to the acceleration of the ship (such as loadout changes, picking up cargo etc) will impact the maximum SCM speed. We’ve incorporated the SCM calculation in such a way that it is your ability to brake to 0 on any turning axis (x or z) that determines the top speed your ship is allowed to fly. This means that upgrading the ships maneuvering thrusters generally results in a higher max velocity being allowed by IFCS. Further, this speed is determined by the strongest turning axis of the ship, meaning the best drift control will be achieved by turning on the strong axis, rather than the weak axis. Each ship has a different configuration of strong and weak axes and its up to the pilot to learn them and fly to their strengths.

Huh. Could be cool. Sounds familiar though.

:gary: https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ly-you-can-stop

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Well clearly this thread has gone nowhere.

Yeah I'm disappointed. The flight model stuff looks pretty cool.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

it would be interesting to see who shows up for the Austin Bar Citizen get together in a week or so. Most of the attendees listed on the announcement were LA people-- "and some Austin devs" (or whatever they said).

Congrats to Sandi and Chris on a masterfully executed plan. It really adds a special touch when Austin gets gutted at the same time that CIG Santa Monica gets the royal treatment like $20k coffee machines and a brand new even bigger office in some prime rear end real estate in a tax-heavy, high cost of living state.

Sure, you could've moved somewhere less expensive, avoided the luxuries, and kept more talent employed-- but where would the fun be in that?

You're worth it, baby-- and now the rest of CIG knows it!

They could have stayed in TX. I still don't know why the LA studio was even created.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Blocking Issue: EVA needs to support personal weapon usage, this will require code support as well as adjustments to the base poses.

http://youtu.be/cir3w-wIx9U

This was from last year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Berious posted:

That looks way better than the teaser trailer for Citcon and a bit too janky to be faked prerenders. CIG is pioneering reverse development.

Wasting resources due to lovely project management isn't really pioneering. I feel for Illfonic.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bedshaped posted:

Has anything new come out for Star Citizen? Like an FPS module or maybe a persistent world MMO?

The last significant update CIG provided was in August, where they added the ability to walk around a few space city blocks with other people.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

Found an old link that still works, I bookmark and save the real crazy stuff, I took some screen grabs but these are only a sample of the full horror within.

SUN Docs

I miss 2013. There was so much hope back then.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Happy TOS Day!

CrazyTolradi posted:

The issue with this is that, for the time and money so far, they don't really have a lot to sell. They've reworked, scrapped and delayed so much that there's just hardly anything of the "finished" product they can actually take to showcase to a publisher. Given the majority of potential buyers have already bought into the game, there's not really a big market post release that CIG can say they'll have, which means any publisher who buys CIG out won't be able to recoup much from the final product and is going to have to spend a drat lot more to actually get it to release. And even aside from those points, it's not like it's even an established or distinct IP either, it's pretty much just cookie cutter space opera. All CIG have to sell is one huge gaping money pit, and no one is interested.

Assuming if the best case scenario of a publisher buyout even does happen, by the time it gets to a state where it can be released, the niche will have been filled by titles like Elite, Rebel Galaxy and the like.

There's also the very real, and very unpleasant risk of any publisher having to take on a huge liability of a incredibly angry and toxic player base. Remember that everything about SC was done on the premise of publishers being evil and unnecessary, that by giving money directly to Chris Roberts you were a patron and enabling an unprecedented level of freedom. Going back on that would essentially be an acknowledgement that the entire thing was a massive lie. The type of people who willingly give tens of thousands of dollars and spend hours defending a dream on the Internet are not likely to take that betrayal in a positive manner. I would be very surprised if someone would see the work CIG has done and think it's worth the exposure of getting sued. Hell even the rumor of Chris shopping SC out to publishers would likely bring out pitchforks.

WebDog posted:

Here are the bits about game budgets and WC's cause and effect.

There's a pretty common pattern that Roberts got handed his wishes on a silver platter and managed to survive purely by being in the right moment at the right time in an industry that was still developing it's feet and publishers were keen to take chances.
By the time 1999 had hit the golden age of risk taking was pretty much on the wane and it was become apparent that big names developers had been uncannily lucky and big failures like Ion Storm only served to prove that lightning doesn't strike twice and publishers saw it wise to not allow one person to head a project without some sort of control.

This is an interesting point, especially since the SC popping up during the golden age of crowdfunding is yet another example of CR getting carte blanche due to being in the right moment at the right time. Had he released something in 2014 like he was supposed to I think it would have been a major turning point in the nature of game development. Unfortunately history repeats itself and CR's obsession with irrelevance, inability to manage a project, and complete lack of self awareness have turned SC from a dream into a nightmare.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

It's now November 2015, the RSI TOS at one time used to refer to "Accordingly, you agree that any unearned portion of the deposit shall not be refundable until and unless RSI has failed to deliver the pledge items and/or the Game to you within 12 months after the estimated delivery date.", the original estimated delivery date was November 2014, so we've now hit the deadline. It also said "In the unlikely event that RSI is not able to deliver the Game and/or the pledge items, RSI agrees to post an audited cost accounting on its website to fully explain the use of the deposits for the Game Cost and the Pledge Item Cost."

Some people think this TOS stuff is important and a gotcha to CIG, I'm not sure the TOS is important at all to individual backers as if something even looks like it could come to court it makes much more sense of CIG to just fully refund the backer who's unhappy. But if Derek Smart is trying to get access to the books maybe the "audited cost" part helps him.

They do refund people and that's happened since Derek got involved, so that's a change, everything else is guesswork as to what he's really going to do (if anything).

I don't expect anything to happen, I just think it's funny that it's even a possibility.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cloud Imperium Games: £375
Roberts Space Industries: £375
Foundry 42: £750

Total Fines: £1500

I guess they don't care because that's less than two hours of income?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Why don't you explain what you mean to this rear end in a top hat?

-edit-
No, you know what? GFY.
I've been dealing with poo poo from CIG and their White Knights for at least a year, and have been permabanned/deleted from the forums for pulling all my funds out of that sinkhole.

If anyone wants to question my problem with CIG/Sandi/Chris/Ben, all they need to do is look at my posts here, FB, and twitter.

I came here because I shouldn't have to censor or mince words, unlike the RSI forums.
I might be an rear end in a top hat, but that's just because some people don't like hearing the Truth.

There's more to life than Star Citizen.

Skoll posted:

According to esteemed Something Awful Dot Com Star Citizen thread forum poster BluestreakBTHR, calling him a dumbass and telling him to lurk more is censorship.

Well in his defense that's pretty much all it takes for RSI to ban you.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Hahaha :perfect:

Then again someone posted earlier that this guy has run successful kickstarters before and never added more and more stretch goals because he's not a moron.

It's a big part of their success. They know what to release, how long it will take, and when to stop. Plus most of the asset based stretch stuff is in the parallel missions for things like more mercenary companies or a bigger book. I just upped my pledge to $50 now that they hit Multi-player.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I expect AC 2.0 to come out before the anniversary sale and to be as polished and release ready as 1.0 was.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

doctor iono posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Xa012yvXY

14:35 - The amount of smugness contained in the following 30 seconds is painful.
18:15 - Does someone have this reddit post/tweet? Lesnick Thor :catstare:
23:35 - Host spends 45 seconds describing how call-ins work on a radio show. i want to die. this show is 2 hours long.
25:30 - hey it's that part i was looking for. in response to "is there space karate?"

"Let me go ahead and give this blanket answer for everything that you hear about in 10 for the Chairman and ATV and everything. These are - they're intentions. There's the things we would like to do. There's the things that we sign our people to explore, to figure out - you know, go and see about making this happen. Then there's the challenge. Then there's - going through and figuring out how to make all this happen. Not everything's going to become a reality exactly the way we spoke about it; not everything's going to work with every other system; it's an exploration - that's what development is. So that's probably why I don't know anything about it because we haven't actually done any work on it yet."

I hope Jared is at least remotely aware of just how blatantly Sandi, Ben, and Chris are setting him up to be the fall guy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gwaihir posted:

Beer4thebeergod will probably say more at length, but the Cutlass is/was the first concrete example of Ben being full of poo poo wrt anything he says on the forums, about ships, etc. It was sold as a super maneuverable pirate ship, then when it's flyable it's a fat pig that falls apart at the drop of a hat, and the variants that CIG sells are.. An ambulance and a cop car.

Womp wompppppp

Pretty much. The Cutlass is basically a microcosm for SC. A cool, inspiring concept that is then watered down for new sales (thanks Ben) and is ultimately underwhelming when played. In response to complaints backers have been strung along, repeatedly lied to, encouraged to spend more money to get the gameplay they want, ignored, and then ultimately hosed over as a result of CIG's mismanagement and incompetence.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There's always more and it's always less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxrL662HGn0

It's amazing to watch how deluded some of these people are.

"Don't worry it will always be here."

The biggest delusion of them all.

• Locked thread