Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Nellistos posted:

Why don't they just release it as "Goat Simulator in Space" and get over with it.

Honestly those pictures make SC look great. I can just imagine MY IMMERSION :gonk: Shitizens crying as you mow them down in your space buggy.

It's not enough to make me buy a jpeg but it's the first bit of gameplay we've seen that looks in any way fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

BeefThief posted:

If CIG doesn't start selling more jpgs they're going to run out of money!

I'm excited to see how desperate they get to move jpegs and how much they'll shaft original backers.

:kingsley: 50% off completionist while stocks last! :kingsley:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

so lol, are there really some weird people within this cult mass reporting imgur photos to get them auto removed? ahahahahah

They really love jpegs so they're hitting us where they think it'd hurt the most

If they take Gary away through :argh:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Decrepus posted:

Our flight model is... is Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. And our cargo system is... it's Bejeweled.

I'd play that game

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

thatguy posted:

Have there really been like 7 Star Citizen threads?

If you count the gassed Doobie/Star Citizen/DayZ threads it's probably more like 70

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

gently caress. Yes.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Very fair and balanced - Shitizens won't like it one bit

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

IrvingWashington posted:

2 different scat guns at least!

imgurbot, if you kill this cat you are a terrible person

omg :3:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

Happier times.

Is that poo poo still in? Croberts was so proud of his helmet back when but I haven't seen it in promotional stuff since

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Wafflz posted:

He bought a bunch of jpegs

:boom:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Agrajag posted:

LOL are you serious? I wonder how many hours was spent making that animation. the gif probably sums up Star Citizen way better than anything else if it really was binned.

I bet Chris made them polish that turd for weeks too.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

pictured: the grey market

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

TTerrible posted:

Oh my loving god please stop. This constant retelling of goon-on-goon drama crossing two games that no ones gives a gently caress about is the least entertaining thing in this entire thread and that is a low bar.

:gary: This is a big drama thread with occasional funny pictures. I love reading about goon drama, reddit drama, basically any drama

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Necatus posted:

Hold on a second, here's a closer look.

The reflections in the glass are still black, there's weird artifacts all around the edges, and they forgot to completely erase the line going to the text in the top right. They're not even making half-assed models in Max, they're just painting over poo poo in Photoshop.

:gary:

Holy :lol:

The MS Paint jpgs people posted in earlier threads weren't a million miles from the truth.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Paladinus posted:

How can you not find :gary: funny? It's a funny face. Literal toddlers can recognise it as funny, but not citizens.
PAAAAARP

I know we throw around cult a lot but you'd think SC was a religion given how seriously shitizens take it

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

oh no i meant like, we pick a free to play game and we all play together

could be an MMO, FPS, whatever

and it could be like a thing, idk

I'd be down for that. Could be fun if it's some lesser known game so even not many goons is a massive tide of players

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

D_Smart posted:

Overheard over at the Reddit Kool-Aid dispensing machine

Immediately followed by:

Did they fire the PU staff? That's what most of the biggest cultists are really looking forward to. A life replacement in the Verse. If Chris just shits out his bad 10 hour movie and calls it a day there will be lots of sad shitizens.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

No need to paywall this thread, IMO. Good to have people reading poo poo on SA then registering then in the future maybe spending money. Honestly, even without a paywall, this thread has made boatloads just on butthurt people changing avatars and buying emotes. Glorious stuff, really.

Be funny to make Sandi pay :10bux: out of her six figgies to obsessively read the thread

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beexoffel posted:

Same.

(Amidoingthisrite?)

:gary: Welcome goon friend

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

CrazyLoon posted:

I would never even remotely consider spending over 1k$ on CIG, not back 2 years ago let alone by this point, but dammit - I can only imagine what displays of autism like ^ go on regularly in the concierge channel. Or the subscriber forums.

I bet it's like that Scientology cruise ship except a much higher BMI

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Blocking Issue: EVA needs to support personal weapon usage, this will require code support as well as adjustments to the base poses.

http://youtu.be/cir3w-wIx9U

This was from last year.

That looks way better than the teaser trailer for Citcon and a bit too janky to be faked prerenders. CIG is pioneering reverse development.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Karl_Ramseier posted:

If you explain to me what I should rationalize... busy reading legal documents atm.

Do you guys think pretending to be married to someone and also posting pics of the person in question is punishable by law?

If you love your jpegs that much I'm sure no one will mind if you pretend you're married to one. ADTRW does it all the time.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

On Why Redditors Just Don't Get It - A primer to any redditor considering buying an SA account for spying

Look you mongs since you evidently read this thread let me try to explain this to you... SA is like a wolf dog mutt pack and when you're running with the pack you will occasionally get a playful bite. It's to be expected, it's a bonding thing, in order to fit in you have to take any such nibbling it in the spirit it was made. You people overthink everything, sometimes a funny pic is a funny pic, you start foaming at the mouth in outrage and then get all surprised when the whole pack turns on you in the blink of an eye. It's how we can always tell you fuckers a mile away, you keep bringing attention to the stuff that pushes your buttons, to you everything is serious business and you can't help but getting all butthurt over the dumbest poo poo.

TL;DR: He can take a joke but I'd love if your precious Messiah or his wife dropped by one day, see if they could deal with teasing in an adult manner. From what I've seen so far I doubt it.

I like this analogy because also goons sniff each others bums a lot

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Since no one has said it yet, same

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

D_Smart posted:

Yup, pretty much. But they're all in denial because, well, bogeyman and all. Wait until my next blog - which cleared legal last week - hits on Tuesday. They're really going to be mad.

:f5h::gary:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

KiddieGrinder posted:

CIG needs to do like Blizzard did and literally tell people not to waste all their money on jpegs. Blizzard did something where they told players to "enjoy all things in moderation, even World of Warcraft", or something to that effect, which was a nice touch. Chris Roberts is the opposite, he just wants more and more. :(

I don't think a company that sells $15K jpeg packages cares about moderation or their customer's best interests. They're quite happy milking their whales dry

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

NOnonononononononononolnononononononononononononononono. Why did I google sc bible. whywhywhywhy.

Crap. All of you should suffer too.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46095085/The%20BIG%20Star%20Citizen%20Admirer%27s%20Manual.pdf

Shitizens sure are productive when they don't have a game to play.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
This is going to be a goon in the well isn't it?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Starkk posted:

:gary:

Guys should I cancel my pip boy edition Fallout 4 and just buy it on steam? I don't really need more physical poo poo in my life.

Had to look it up. Comes with a wearable pipboy you can put your smartphone in. The megaloser in me finds that quite cool though I probably wouldn't have the complete lack of shame to wear it outside the house.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

Speaking of lawsuit, has Escapist been brought to space court yet?

Kind of amazing how people still take GIG seriously after the CEO posts an insane ranty diatribe and an internet lawsuit trying to bully a website into a retraction. Then the website says lolnop and we never hear another peep about it.

This is a thing that happened.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

A Kickstarter is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for gamers to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the gamer than on the developer. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

Although hopefully not before posting a lot about it

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

fuctifino posted:

Write to them saying that you are going to be issuing a chargeback tomorrow.

This has been the only way that other goons have successfully been refunded.

I like to think there is a big flashing light and airhorns that go off in the CIG offices whenever someone emails the word "chargeback"

They probably all run around flailing their arms about too

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

The Pi dude posted:

:siren::gary::siren: "PAAAAAAAAAARRP!" :derp: :homebrew:

Exactly like that!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
In Two Weeks shitizens will find out that Cryengine Sucks when they're multicrewing no more than 1 1/2 ships because the netcode is so bad. I can't loving wait. :parrot:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

SneakyFrog posted:

no.they like actually have PR people and stuff.

and developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Don't know why. Sure Rome wasn't built in a day, it took two weeks.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Klyith posted:

I have no idea whether the fluid dynamics minigame is the drinks mixer or not. It could be something completely different.

But it's an intriguing possibility that some programmer spent a bunch of time making the space-liner drink game have realistic liquid simulation because Chris was like "NO NO NO I want those drinks to spill REALISTICALLY when the pilot maneuvers wildly at the same time you're pouring a Hairy Roberts!"

I'm assuming this for comedy

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Truga posted:

Yes, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It's a JPEG of a drink mixing game. Not a drink mixing game, a JPEG of one.

A JPEG practically counts as shipped in the verse

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Nicholas posted:

bethesda ruined fallout

That reminds me I bet No Mutants Allowed are loving pissed about Fallout 4 and not afraid to post about it while they wait for their Pipboy editions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It's not that it's cool to hate on Fallout 4 it's just that everyone kind of already knows Bethesda's style of game, and since Witcher 3 just sort of strolled in and dunked on every other open world WRPG out there some people have higher standards now.

I know this is heresy and shows I'm a broken person but I couldn't get into Witcher 3. Felt like I was running between evenly spaced quest nodes for no reason except to level up so I can do the main quest stuff. Felt more like busywork clearing a map than a story experience. I've found most Bethesda games more immersive even with the potato faces and arrows to the knee.

• Locked thread