Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

No one asked why I was nightkilled. SSV was pretty clearly scum based on the day I almost got lynched. Come on, team.

This would have all been moot if I hadn't used the Fister Roboto that I even said in the scum doc multiple times was probably going to kill me. But I used it anyway and made the game drag out like 3 extra days because we would have won if I had just done nothing.

NOTE TO SELF: If the mod encourages you to use something it's probably going to kill you (see: this game, other game where Ecco talked me into using the emerald that burned me to death)

Good game though, nice crazy setup birdstrike and of course amazing flavor.

GREAT WORK SSV I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hal if you weren't lurking scum in 100% of your games the mods wouldn't help you kill you are self.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Big thanks again to everyone for joining in, I really enjoyed running it. Super big thanks to people I drafted in for sticking with it, and to merk and soag for being excellent replacements.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

busb posted:

Hal if you weren't lurking scum in 100% of your games the mods wouldn't help you kill you are self.

Before this game I had probably been in the top 3 posters in my last 10 or so games so gently caress off. Also i was town when Ecco killed me. Also also I average like 10 posts less than you so what even constitutes lurking? Also also also I didn't even want to kill you D1 I was trying to kill EXAKT but now I wish I had tried to kill you you monster.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hal Incandenza posted:

This would have all been moot if I hadn't used the Fister Roboto that I even said in the scum doc multiple times was probably going to kill me. But I used it anyway and made the game drag out like 3 extra days because we would have won if I had just done nothing.

NOTE TO SELF: If the mod encourages you to use something it's probably going to kill you (see: this game, other game where Ecco talked me into using the emerald that burned me to death)

Good game though, nice crazy setup birdstrike and of course amazing flavor.

GREAT WORK SSV I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT

I honestly wouldn't have mentioned if if scum weren't sleepwalking to perfect victory at that point.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
This was fun to read, apart from the TMM/Kash slapfight. You two really need to knock that poo poo off.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This was fun to read, apart from the TMM/Kash slapfight. You two really need to knock that poo poo off.

I was trying to ignore him but he wouldn't ignore me. :(

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Also spacing in vienna you were really fun to exchange PMs with and I am eagerly anticipating Sealab Mafia

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to choose to believe that I died in my lab, doing things that would disgust the average person with any sense of decency.

That was insane. Thank you so much for hosting it, Birdstrike.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

Also spacing in vienna you were really fun to exchange PMs with and I am eagerly anticipating Sealab Mafia

PRESIGN PRESIGN PRESIGN

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Birdstrike posted:

THAT WAS EXTRA FUN and I'm serious, we need to do this.

Also I really do have dumb stupid flavor written up for a dumb stupid Taco Bell Mafia game that I want to run at some point buuuuuuut I've never modded so :effort:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Hal Incandenza posted:

Before this game I had probably been in the top 3 posters in my last 10 or so games so gently caress off. Also i was town when Ecco killed me. Also also I average like 10 posts less than you so what even constitutes lurking? Also also also I didn't even want to kill you D1 I was trying to kill EXAKT but now I wish I had tried to kill you you monster.

Whoah slow down there tiger,I was just messing around! I haven't really played mafia in a year or two with you so i don't know.

I was only alive for like 3 hours of this game, which i never even signed up for :ohdear:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I thought I was going to be ok to claim d3 because I had an ace up my sleeve: the Red Kreigtober!

I used it n2, and went to bed all smug about my chances of surviving.

unfortunaetly it didn't do anything, and I died.

:shrug:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

I honestly wouldn't have mentioned if if scum weren't sleepwalking to perfect victory at that point.

I wouldn't have used it if we weren't sleepwalking to victory at that point. I figured if I died I deserved it.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This is like my first game back since ... I do not even know when, but it's been a while.

What did my inventions do? Like Red Kriegtober and so forth?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

busb posted:

Whoah slow down there tiger,I was just messing around! I haven't really played mafia in a year or two with you so i don't know.

I was only alive for like 3 hours of this game, which i never even signed up for :ohdear:

I was just messing with you too buddy :glomp:

You actually average like 40 more posts than me

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I wouldn't have used it if we weren't sleepwalking to victory at that point. I figured if I died I deserved it.

Dude, you died the happiest death imaginable. I salute you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

busb we need more mafia games based on rogue-likes get on it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

spacing in vienna posted:

Dude, you died the happiest death imaginable. I salute you.

quote:

Birdstrike wrote on Nov 6, 2015 15:30:
You fire up Fister Roboto, a fully integrated multi-fetish artificial being, and point it at merk. You think "okay it's gonna go roleblock merk" but instead it just starts choking the poo poo out of you, and the last sensation you feel before you die is it squeezing your throat so hard, that a big wet blob of lubricant drips off its teeth-analogues and just falls right under your popped out eyeball.

Holy poo poo dude, drat.

Yeah pretty loving awesome

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hal Incandenza posted:

I have Dungeon Crawl Stone Soupfia nearly ready, I'm just fine tuning it before I open the thread.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

I have Dungeon Crawl Stone Soupfia nearly ready, I'm just fine tuning it before I open the thread.

Sign me up! My 300th and last game!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I was just messing with you too buddy :glomp:

You actually average like 40 more posts than me

This is why you are so good as scum.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

spacing in vienna posted:

This is like my first game back since ... I do not even know when, but it's been a while.

What did my inventions do? Like Red Kriegtober and so forth?
  • The Red Kriegtober was described as if 1x Commuter but did nothing as it couldn't leave that room.
  • Fister Roboto was described as a 1x Roleblock but was a self-vig
  • Pigly was a 1x Watcher (from Episode 4x09)
  • Fort Kickass was passive 1x BP which is why it saved on the same night (but wouldn't have protected against arson)

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Hal Incandenza posted:

SirSamVimes posted:

You monsters, you can't run it now, it's the middle of the 0.17 tournament! (Hence me knowing my time was limited!)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Venom Soag also conclusively proved he isn't Gaspy with the following (bizarrely accurate) night action:

quote:

Venom Soag wrote on Nov 4, 2015 12:17:
Strongarm kill gwyn who is the cop

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sign me up! My 300th and last game!

Putting you down with presign.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Birdstrike posted:

Although I feel like this would quickly devolve into Calvinball. But then, that's what people would expect from it, right?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also "our scumteam" wasn't a slip, it was referring to the scumteam we have in this game.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

SirSamVimes posted:

Also "our scumteam" wasn't a slip, it was referring to the scumteam we have in this game.

I know that's what you meant, but town would say 'the scumteam' or 'this scumteam' it was from a different mindset.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's what I would have said as town :shrug:

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
gg all scumbros are best bros

also kashuno you are still a diamond

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Venom Soag posted:

gg all scumbros are best bros

also kashuno you are still a diamond

if i knew you were going to play i would have stuck around, just to destroy you

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

busb posted:

if i knew you were going to play i would have stuck around, just to destroy you

you cant destroy a legend mate

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Good game all, loved the flavour.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750252

One more slot for this beast.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

busb posted:

You monsters, you can't run it now, it's the middle of the 0.17 tournament! (Hence me knowing my time was limited!)

I think I'll wait until tourney's over so I will have a better chance of nibbles by posting it in the Crawl thread too.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

But he wasn't town aligned and I knew it :(

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Great game, strike. You never disappoint. Fun to read, even when dead.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
E: wrong game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo:

• Locked thread