Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

MourningView posted:

Man we just loving did this last year

He needs two weeks in Miami to recover. It's the HiGHs and lows of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Away all Goats posted:

Lebron actually looked kinda slow/human tonight :eyepop:

I thought the same thing in the second/third quarter. That and his constant laying down tells me his back was bothering him. Then it was the fourth and he looked just like LeBron (outside of getting stuffed by Pau).

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Oh no LeBron is now 5-8 in season openers this is surely a worse sign than last year when he lost to the NY Knicks (17-65 head coach Derek Fisher) on opening day and then went to the NBA finals for the fifth time in a row

Zogo posted:

It's only the beginning. In the future NBA owners may get annoyed with their plebeian fans loitering in the parking lot and send out weaponized robots.

First step:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzGzf0S0WqI

Second step:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk_wRj64aes

Elysium is yet another movie that reminds me that James Cameron claimed to be working on a Battle Angel Alita movie like 10-15 years ago I think his storyboards just spread around hollywood :colbert:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Dubs championship ring-

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/659206452066832384

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I actually like the look of that one, it's a lot more subtle than they usually are

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

That's really hot, and it helps that that logo is made to be slapped on the face of a championship ring.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
So, because of the new injury to Dante Cunningham, I decided to watch this video to review the rules on limited roster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMtg5z9g_xU

Looks like you need to have a minimum of eight players dressed. I don't remember what the rule is about if you only have five guys left and one of them fouls out. I know he can stay in the game, but what happens if he gets called for a foul? I think the opposing team gets an extra technical free throw out of it?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kibner posted:

So, because of the new injury to Dante Cunningham, I decided to watch this video to review the rules on limited roster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMtg5z9g_xU

Looks like you need to have a minimum of eight players dressed. I don't remember what the rule is about if you only have five guys left and one of them fouls out. I know he can stay in the game, but what happens if he gets called for a foul? I think the opposing team gets an extra technical free throw out of it?

Rule 3 Section I-Team
a. Each team shall consist of five players. No team may be reduced to less than five players. If a player in the game receives his sixth personal foul and all substitutes have already been disqualified, said player shall remain in the game and shall be charged with a personal and team foul. A technical foul also shall be assessed against his team. All subsequent personal fouls, including offensive fouls, shall be treated similarly. All players who have six or more personal fouls and remain in the game shall be treated similarly.

Exactly.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

He needs two weeks in Miami to recover. It's the HiGHs and lows of the season.

Your jealousy/anger is so weird.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Thanks, Spoeank.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Good rings.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

soggybagel posted:

Your jealousy/anger is so weird.

I don't agree with the weird part, it's the SAS free agency chart taken to its logical extreme

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I never for winners so maybe I don't get it. But if Lebron rolls in and wins a title or two for the team I root for he could nuke the city on the way out and I'd be all smiles.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Every PFZ post post-LBJ is hilarious to me because of this post from when the Kings beat the Heat:

"Nice to see some of these teams enjoy themselves."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just listened to the Henson call and holy poo poo the dispatcher being so sick of the stupid woman's poo poo by the end is spectacular.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

These look pimp

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Watching the Hawks game, what the gently caress did Atlanta do to their jerseys? Does anyone like them?

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

My favorite thing about that ring is the Oracle Arena tribute that wraps around the side near the top. Pretty cool and clever.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Atheistdeals.com posted:

Watching the Hawks game, what the gently caress did Atlanta do to their jerseys? Does anyone like them?

Someone here said they look a lot better in person.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

So, Atlanta running out 3 guards (counting Bazemore) to start worked as well as I worried it would. I guess they can only improve from here.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Every PFZ post post-LBJ is hilarious to me because of this post from when the Kings beat the Heat:

Wait you're telling me.... PFZ is a.... bad poster?

Say it ain't so.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just listened to the Henson call and holy poo poo the dispatcher being so sick of the stupid woman's poo poo by the end is spectacular.

You can hear it in the voice of the officers as well, it's great.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
NBA assist leader Ish Smith

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Spite posted:

Everyone really, really, really wants Davis to win MVP this year.

I mean, the dude is really good and has crazy potential but he hasn't done anything yet (and may not even make the playoffs this year because the NBA is stupid).
And the elephant in the room that no one seems to mention: he gets hurt every year. And since the rest of his team is banged up he's going to have to do even more.
What do you mean by "hasn't done anything yet"? That sounds like the kind of thing you'd say about Wiggins at this point, not a guy who's looked like a future megastar throighout his NBA career. He had a monster season last year and was top 5 in the MVP voting.

The real big strike against him is that the last we're approaching 30 straight years where the MVP came from a top 2 seed in their conference.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
great stuff america keep the hits on coming

quote:

Racial profiling is Bull.

When I went into a black neighborhood to buy my drugs and stuck out like a sore thumb and got pulled over I didn’t cry racism. When your wrong your wrong.

quote:

We have a right to be terrified

We worked for what we got. you understand the word WORK.

quote:

downtown

The woman was scared who can blame her. 7’ black men don’t see everyday. I would have opened the door, but keep a loaded gun in my right hand, just to be on the safe side.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Is there anybody in the NBA whose face looks more like an enlarged toddler than John Henson? He's so smiley and nice-appearin'

french toast
Jul 21, 2001
I EAT 3 CANADIAN CHILDREN EACH DAY!

EvanTH posted:

Is there anybody in the NBA whose face looks more like an enlarged toddler than John Henson? He's so smiley and nice-appearin'

Kyle Anderson

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Steph

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
them dang ole jumpshootin teams

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/659259297352650752

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
This is Lebron for ever and ever.

https://streamable.com/41sz

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EvanTH posted:

MCW

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

EvanTH posted:

Alex Len has a toddler sized head on a 7' body

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lockback posted:

This is Lebron for ever and ever.

https://streamable.com/41sz

Haha no one on his team ran with him, what a joke.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Niwrad posted:

Hoiberg is our savior.

Hinrich turned his back on Iowa State, so Hoiberg is getting his payback.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

Haha no one on his team ran with him, what a joke.

Championship!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I am legit happy that Cleveland appears to be using Kevin Love a lot more, they really went to him a lot in the 2nd half, and I think they will be a lot stronger for it.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

That was a fun time.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Wait you're telling me.... PFZ is a.... bad poster?

Say it ain't so.

Hahaha, says the loving guy who comes into every thread with his serious face. I'm a salmon swimming against the pull of your boring rear end nature, bro.

Amar'e is already out for the first game. And so it begins.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Lockback posted:

I am legit happy that Cleveland appears to be using Kevin Love a lot more, they really went to him a lot in the 2nd half, and I think they will be a lot stronger for it.

it's almost like they're missing the other guy in the big three or something

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

attackmole posted:

it's almost like they're missing the other guy in the big three or something

Mo Williams is playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

tadashi posted:

So, Atlanta running out 3 guards (counting Bazemore) to start worked as well as I worried it would. I guess they can only improve from here.

They played Bazemore and Lattimore a ton, they have a gyre on the wing. They need to make a trade or teach Glen little dawg Robinson to play basketball.

Andre Drummond was hip checking horford and splitter away from rebounds like they were but children.

Splitter still sets great screens.

Steve Blake couldn't guard a statue on rollerblades, Aron Baynes is a scrub.

KCP looked confident in his handle which is great, this offense is going to be a mess unless he can at least pretend to penetrate.

Millsap was really good and Detroit's 4s couldn't guard him. He did a really adorable little dancing circle post up two or three times

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 28, 2015

• Locked thread