Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe we should give a star to someone already on the verge of breakdown to serve as a canary. Hell, maybe they already have, and it's me. How could I really know???

Modception. A shitpost in a shitpost in a shitpost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think they tried that with Redshirt

You'd think they would have learned their lesson about mods with star trek names.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
If I'd mod gbs I'd be loving opinionated about whomever I'd ban completely arbitrarily. I'd ban half of these fuckers then half of those fuckers, and then I'd copy-paste a whooole loving stack of posts from D&D and paste them into QCS whenever people ask me wtf my game is. Hell, that's what I'd do regardless of the forum I'd mod.

Ay, mods. Am I close?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I'm a secret mod oops goddamnit

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

LawfulWaffle posted:

GBS mods should be rotated like people who monitor suicide hotlines. It's not healthy to deal with that kind of poster for long periods of time. The whole subforum should have a Yucca Mt. style warning at the top, middle, and bottom of each page.

"This place is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger."

They must be hiding something, let's read further.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

I guess modding is kinda like policing or political office in that the people who want to do it the most are people who should not be given that much authority under any circumstances, but the best people for the job don't like having to do it, so petty tyrants and psychopaths tend to outnumber the Cincinnatus types

Sometimes a country will ask someone like Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawking to be their Head of State but they're always like "lol no"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Syd Midnight posted:

I guess modding is kinda like policing or political office in that the people who want to do it the most are people who should not be given that much authority under any circumstances, but the best people for the job don't like having to do it, so petty tyrants and psychopaths tend to outnumber the Cincinnatus types

Sometimes a country will ask someone like Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawking to be their Head of State but they're always like "lol no"

The Head of State is in many countries a mostly ceremonial role. Such is the case with the President of Israel, a position rumored to have been created as a gilded holding cell for Chaim Weizmann, and which would have probably done Einstein just as much good.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Syd Midnight posted:

Did u just quote some 500 bc roman ruler in the funny forums quote thread?

* had to look it up

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i hate you all

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe we should give a star to someone already on the verge of breakdown to serve as a canary. Hell, maybe they already have, and it's me. How could I really know???

This reminds me of a BYOB thread from a while back, where the OP wondered if he was actually retarded and everyone he encountered in life was just super polite in not letting him know hes different.
Fluffyduckie responded with something like "Im torn between my usual 1 for this poster, and giving him a 5 for finally figuring it out."

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

TayIor Swift posted:

I had a super validating experience yesterday! My cat LOVES eating underwear, but only women's underwear. It's usually really annoying but I guess I'm emanating girl smells since I came home and found her chewing on my favorite pink panties. Yay ^_^ My vag-scented femstick passes to kitties ^_^

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This post is unbelievably dumb but I can't bring myself to hate it, entirely due to the phrase "vag-scented femstick".

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
what the gently caress

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
And go figure the first response in the thread is to explain that it's ok to act like a raging dipshit all over the place if specific buzzwords are dropped.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

poptart_fairy posted:

This post is unbelievably dumb but I can't bring myself to hate it, entirely due to the phrase "vag-scented femstick".

Wait, wait wait -- where the hell is your farting fairy av?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Going back to at my next pay day. There's a few people in PYF that get very angry whenever I call GG dumb and give me new avatars - although this is the first with some actual creativity, and I'm kind of fond of it. :v:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

poptart_fairy posted:

I love how the aggressive cheerfulness slams into the bold PROBATED text.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I have a raging compulsion not to know what a "vag-scented femstick" is, so why don't you tell me.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The mystery makes it wonderful.

The trans thread is a fantastic source of info, anecdotes and other experience to draw on, but boy howdy when the powder kegs go off...

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

24-yo Svetlana Roslina died in a candy factory near Moscow after falling in a vat of melted chocolate.

You might think she drowned. Nope, she was minced by the mixer machinery. Supposedly only her legs remained.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The Oompa-loompas are going to struggle to come up with a rhyme for that one.

JoelJoel posted:

Oompa loompa diddly dorso, now the candy contains your torso.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Karate Bastard posted:

I have a raging compulsion not to know what a "vag-scented femstick" is, so why don't you tell me.

Beside an awesome username obv

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

It's a penis, I don't understand how that's complicated.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The trans woman is commenting on the effects of hormone treatments on her body.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Geez, spoiler tag that.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh. Gee, thanks fau.

I suppose now you'll argue that if I had clicked that I might have learned the context?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 22:53 on Dec 17, 2016

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
So not a tampon then? :v:

somekindofguy has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Dec 17, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I don't want to live in this reality anymore

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

You missed the best one

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

What do you get when you fall in the sweets?
Chocolate that's tainted with minced worker meat

Why does this filling not taste so fresh?
Because it is filled with rot
ting
FLESH.

I don't like the taste of it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Breetai posted:

Babytron insists on bottle feeding, as its caregivers' inefficient human breasts are not capable of dispensing Soylent.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's a penis, I don't understand how that's complicated.

Love your grinch av

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

Love your grinch av
Same. Forums user .jpg made it last year, and it owns.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

goose willis posted:

Even in death we cannot escape posting

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same. Forums user .jpg made it last year, and it owns.

the star should be the red luma imo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Crocoswine posted:

the star should be the red luma imo
I need to update it, but gimp is terrible for editing gifs

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Syd Midnight posted:

Being good at physics might not actually translate that well to running a country.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I need to update it, but gimp is terrible for editing gifs

I had photoshop open

I still have it open if it needs a tweak

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tiggum posted:

Being good at physics might not actually translate that well to running a country.

Well neither does being a poltician, so it's gotta be worth a shot :pseudo:.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tiggum posted:

We're going to build a linear accelerator, and dark matter will pay for it!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Cinicunnatus is a lot like Ragnar Lođbrók or Elvis in that he may not have even existed. If he did he was a bit of a dick since one of his major platforms was not giving the poor any rights ever.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FreudianSlippers posted:

Cinicunnatus is a lot like Ragnar Lođbrók or Elvis in that he may not have even existed. If he did he was a bit of a dick since one of his major platforms was not giving the poor any rights ever.

Uh.... Elvis absolutely existed, my dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qka6JrKUM5U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Doctored footage.