Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
MMOs offer a place where unsuccessful or socially awkward people can become gods and they're intentionally designed to become psychologically addicting because they prey on the human tendency to want to keep pulling that slot machine (loot in this case).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

loquacius posted:

I think it was less that nobody bothered to climb it and more that they all thought you'd get killed by a thrown lightning bolt if you climbed it, but yeah it is kind of funny that they thought the gods lived on one specific mountain that was just kind of the largest one in the immediate area

It kinda makes sense, when a thunder storm was brewing and the sky was blacked out by clouds you'd assume the lightning had to come from somewhere, why not the highest peak (which would be obscured from the bottom).

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I remembered a thread but can't find it, does anyone remember the thread where a guy was traveling from like, Atlanta to New England without stopping and basically called the state police fascists because he couldn't take a nap pulled over on the shoulder of the interstate?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Why hasn't nuGibbis been gassed yet anyway?

Easier to just keep them contained. A...safe space if you will.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

many johnnys posted:

"containment" is a good idea that consistently works well, like it did for YCS, LF, Helldump and hell thread

Yeah.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Wedemeyer posted:

I'm not therapist but that dude maybe should check out some mental health services. Emotional numbness may be a sign of something.

Yeah its called aspergers.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Somfin posted:

Look at this poopstain who's never gotten drunk and argued about why Andrew Ryan is is a less effective villain than Comstock

Hahaha what is wrong with you.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Aston posted:

isn't that the Joker's origin story?

:thejoke:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

That guy pondered way too hard about that scenario.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Until the dementia sets in :smith:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It's an escape tub. In case of home invasion, fill it up, hop in and let fate take you where it may.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not that the quote isn't funny, but why would judges be eyeballing a speech the president gave after a battle instead of the Emancipation Proclamation?

:goonsay:

Also why are they examining a document after a man choked on a hot dog, very suspect.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Images are easier to save for later I presume.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

That's not how cancer works homes.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Where are people getting this mythological status that it "infected" people? All it did was grey out a poster from the "pink" forums and give them that avatar, to make them easily identifiable. If they posted in the "Gray" forums enough times the cancer would evantually go away, but if they kept posting in the pink forums they would maintain the status.

The goal was to starve out those forums but it was a dumb idea to begin with because if you post there why would you honestly care?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Collateral Damage posted:

Star Trek Online is still running?

If an MMO can survive its first year it will usually become immortal.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Hes just a passing fad of a musician who people get disproportionately upset about because he looks like a real life gnome. That's it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Elysiume posted:

Define current because there are probably multiple concurrent canon Spider-Men. The latest Spider-Man ended with a reveal that a girl who was present throughout the movie goes by MJ (even though her name isn't Mary Jane), so there's probably going to be an MJ love interest going forward in the movies, at least.

Hes talking about the mainstream comics since thats the one where spiderman sold his marriage to Satan and yes im reiterating this because gently caress its dumb.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Danaru posted:

Are you really trying to own people by saying you're more of an expert on junior high girls

Also I'm sorry to say even if you dated in grade school that is noooooooooooooot normal.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I did a google search for 'clapping between every word' and the first result was this:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/clap-emoji-%F0%9F%91%8F'

There, now we all know.

👏ThErE,👏nOw👏We👏AlL👏kNoW👏

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Also in the movie Iron Man wants to stop on the weapons manufacturing

Granted the morality can seem a bit muddled since ultimately he's deciding weapons are bad unless he's the one using them.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

purple death ray posted:

I would believe maybe 1 of those is a legit new poster and all the rest are re-regs/parachutes/etc

This entire forum is just 3 people responding to their own fake accounts.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Comptroll The Forums posted:

It's remixed so often because people decided that a repeated setup leading into references to other things you may have heard of is entertainment. It is the new millennium's "how many X does it take to screw in a light bulb" joke and just about as amusing.

Sheesh who ruined your roast?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I might get attacked for this but I think it might be better than the original. It shares a lot with the original in having a slow, plodding pace that helps immerse you in the world but tells its narrative in a more compelling way.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It was like a mirror version of 4chan where originally it was all ironic but then started attracting unironic tankie types who had no time for such bourgeoisie nonsense like "jokes".

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wasn't that because someone approached him on the street to aska question and he threw the pizza and ran?

Youre thinking of two worlds who freaked out cause black people asked him for weed.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

The koala post has renewed my appreciation for how fundamentally hosed up Australia's ecosystem is, bringing forth either the deadliest creatures known to mankind or the least equipped for basic survival, with no readily apparent middle ground.

Its what happens when you have a largely isolated ecosystem for millenia.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I always laughed at some story that just had (as an aside) "I packed a thermos of hot soup and jumped out the airlock because having anything hot on you prevented freezing in space" or something because that's either incompetence or genius from whoever coded the thing.

SS13 is what happens when years of code (that was started by someone else) continues to build into a cronenberg monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Obviously the solution is ensuring Germany wins WW1.