Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

theflyingorc posted:

I'm fond of the "post your favorite anime" that immediately had the anime Hitler

LET'S ALL DRAW ANIMES
(might need archives, I can never remember with the goldmine.)

"Vaerai Archon" posted:

Ok since we have that vector thread here I guess this can kinda fit in here. However preferibly I would Like to avoid cross posts from the vector thread. So you should really just only use the vector technique if you want to layer it over your original line art.

anyways here's a WIP that I have currently

-2 posts later-

"SDShamshel" posted:

Images re-hosted because my antivirus was having a problem with both of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
This is probably my favorite thread of all time, with its first and only reply.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3127674

MyushiVerSCOOTY posted:

My cat is stuck in a tree about 20-25 feet up. He's not on a solid branch, its thin and he can't put all four paws on it at once. Will he just come down eventually? What should I do?

MyushiVerSCOOTY posted:

never mind he jumped down on his own

and hes fine

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Palpek posted:

Disagreed, goons wanting to exchange some rear end in a top hat's photos haven't posted yet.

You mean goatse?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Son of Rodney posted:

Can you explain this to someone who has no idea what any of the names in that picture mean?

The guy in the photo is Conor McGregor.
He has a fight coming up against Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Mayweather beat his previous girlfriend, who had apparently been text (and maybe cheating on him with?) CJ Watson.
Watson previously wore 23 for the Warriors.
23 is now worn by Draymond Green.
McGregor is implying to Green that the jersey is not his, but Watson's.

This is my understanding of events, but I may be wrong.

I think the joke might be that Green, who by the tweet, supports Mayweather, was recently sued for assault and battery.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

I know these jokes are a bit old and worn now, but sometimes they're walked into so boldly that it becomes funny again.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

mind the walrus posted:

Do remember that Magneto and Doctor Doom have attempted mass genocide on multiple occasions.

Right, but they're not Muslims, so their actions aren't quite as atrocious.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Are there any funny quotes about 9/11 or some other tragedy to get us back on track?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

somekindofguy posted:

IDGI. I know Turing was chemically castrated, so...Apple sucks?

I looked it up, and he was found dead of cyanide poisoning with a partially eaten apple.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Outrail posted:

'My grandma did 9/11' is a pretty amazing position.

Their grandmother is Laura Bush.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Sapozhnik posted:

pretty sure the intent there is "hey stop being mean to nazis and just give them what they want so they don't have to take it by force"

or is that :thejoke:

I'm going to give Dale Jr. the benefit of the doubt and say it's about NASCAR team owners saying that protesting drivers should be fired. The joke is that he is defending what is defined as the left side of the issue, and stock car races are known for being just ovals with left turns. Dale's father, Dale Earnhardt, died when he hit the wall on the right side of the track, I.E. turning right.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Pastry of the Year posted:

I don't have archives but I'm assured this is the link you want.

The single "My phone keeps eating my posts" at the end is what really sells it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Lyrai posted:

Of course Dale Jr hates Trump, a wall killed his dad.

To be fair, though, I think the wall was acting in self defense. He was driving a car right at it, what was it supposed to do?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
#NotWallMen

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I mean, gently caress, there's a smiley for it.
:rimshot:

e:
Even one for you, Bob.
:downsrim:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
darthbob is somehow both of these kids.
https://youtu.be/iFZMhe1WeCQ

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is pretty impressive because this is the same group of people that were pouring powdered drugs into their eyes because they didn't understand what "eyeballing" an amount meant.

I hope there's a relevant quote to this story, because I'd very much like to read whatever exchange lead you to learn this.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Field Mousepad posted:

Do I even wanna know what qcs is? I don't wanna know nevermind.

Questions, Comments & Suggestions, a subforum here on Something Awful that seems to just be a themed GBS-lite these days.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Did Abe start handing out mod challenges to really minor posts that didn't really merit them, and then get really out-of-hand otherwise? Or is that somebody else?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Powaqoatse posted:

Y'all dont think the borderline woman is maybe putting words in her therapist's mouth for the benefit of her reddit audience?

It could also be that the therapist gave much milder advice to the issue when it was phrased very carefully by this woman, who then could just turn around and say "My therapist said to keep doing what I'm doing". People will really stretch for validation.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It's basically a function of what pisses mods off more: the puns, or moderating the reports generated by the puns.

Man, I know people report the absolute stupidest things sometimes, but I hope there aren't people out there whose lives are miserable enough that they are reporting puns.

That's, like, rock bottom.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

lemon-lyme disease posted:

If you aren’t OK with rock puns, pound sand.

(This means something entirely different from what I imagined when I first heard it. I know what it actually means now, but things stick with you that way.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYsO6EcuxbM

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

A article about famous local Hitlers published on September 11th. What a place, this Circleville.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Poops Mcgoots posted:

What a coincidence, my town is also named Bort!

I didn't even notice that the first time. What is a six kilometer bort?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Forums ranked by likelihood of seeing long ranting political posts:

1. Games
2. Games
3. Games
4. Every other forum

Yeah, I think if the hint is that it's not D&D, then it's almost certainly Games, and then maybe E/N.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Same, but without the last panel. Just eternally screaming.

Anime is pretty bad, though, and I'm someone who actually enjoys anime.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Priebus

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Solice Kirsk posted:

Dear lord....is this something I agree with Trump on?

I think it's important to note that he made this tweet 10 minutes before offering any sort of condolences or sympathies for those affected by it. Also, I'm just taking a shot in the dark here to say that you probably won't like whatever infrastructure plan the Republicans submit.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Kit Walker posted:

The plan is just a sheet of paper with "no" written on it

Oh, I doubt that. Infrastructure is arguably a bipartisan issue. It'll be either something short enough that they can try to do the "This is what lack of government is!" thing, or long enough and with enough individual exceptions that no person could be reasonably expected to read the whole thing, and will basically say "Build roads and whatnot at the exclusive expense of the poor, without investing in any of the areas in which the poor reside and/or commute."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

mind the walrus posted:

Y'all motherfuckers need a Dollar Store

Look, I'm not above eating things out of a CD spindle cover or a crusty old hat whatever, but I wouldn't be caught dead in a dollar store buying dishes. What would people think if they saw me?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Any and every time I've had an actual person be on the other end of one of those calls, they immediately hung up when I asked them where they were calling from. I wish they gave me the opportunity to air horn them.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Isn't ...all water raw?

Not if it has FlUoRiDe in it! Educate yourself on FLUORIDE! Please ignore any actual research done on it that might suggest that its health benefits outweigh what minor problems they've found! Focus only on the articles that have CHEMICALS in all caps in the headline.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Basically bring back all of the wordfilters. The ones we had for "im gay" and "cuck" for a week or so were pretty great, and I miss them.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I never played that game but I watched the entire video. I have a morbid fascination for nerds traveling to the bottom of their nerdiness, and to his credit the guy’s explanations are fairly easy to follow. In fact, I came out of the video with a pretty clear picture of what he did, and just one remaining question: why?

To impress other nerds with how few times they can press a button to complete a game. There was a time where he saw a glitch posted online from a stream, and offered a bounty of $1000 for a replication of it on a higher-res video with, like, input logging. He takes it very seriously, and there's apparently a crowd for it.

Apparently Mario Odyssey has almost the inverse of this built in to the game, where it counts how many jumps you took to collect a moon. But the game has some jumping moves that don't technically count as jumps as the game logs them. So there are, of course, people trying to get every moon in the game with as few counted jumps as possible. It's fascinating to watch compilations of them, and there are apparently people who will watch streams of these people trying and failing to get the same moon with zero jumps for hours, so I guess there's profit in it somewhere.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

thecluckmeme posted:

Helix Snake has been doing this on YouTube (he's the person behind the legendary Skate 3 glitch videos that are hilarious) and I really can't stand his voice, but holy poo poo he has completely destroyed some Moons without technically jumping.

This is actually exactly who I was talking about. I honestly don't know how people stand to watch him stream live, but goddamn if his skill at breaking games isn't entirely impressive.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

For some reason a floating dog that barks like a man sounded really familiar, and now I'm reading the front-page Dog Classifieds again, so thank you for this. I have yet to find the floating dog, but I'm really enjoying myself and wanted to remind people of them.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Friend posted:

Usually when I don't get a post I just pretend I do and hope someone else asks, but I'm really not connecting any dots here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlq9pFs-Fts

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Lobok posted:

Really wanna know how high that cheetah would jump if the guy had honked the horn.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I'm a sucker for snipes that need context, but quote nothing.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Well I mean, unless she got dressed as a clown super quick while they were loving and put on all the makeup and everything he was already willingly having sex with a barefoot clown

Edit: this is the worst page snipe in history

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Paladinus posted:

I did not like the owl song.

I'm very sorry for your affliction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I'm enough of a fan of the "What's better than x?", "2x" joke structure, but for some reason the Granos one really elevates it. I crack up every time I see it.