Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Holy poo poo this had me laughing harder than that time somebody kept accidentally posting his workout log in an abortion debate thread over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yes! Thank you!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Paladinus posted:

I like cats. Don't care about rabbits or dogs.

Cubone posted:

actually, you like dogs AND rabbits
first of all you want to give dogs big belly scratches that make their back legs go crazy and also pretend to throw things but not actually throw them and watch the dog go looking for them and then reveal you had it the whole time and ask who's a good dog? (it's them)
furthermore, you want to feed rabbits leafy greens and watch it disappear into their chubby little rabbit mouth and watch them clean their little faces with their little paws and their big ol expressive ears and snuggle the lil fuzzy muffins up against your chest and just generally appreciate their tiny mammalian love

i'm not sure why you would lie about this tbf

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

HoAssHo posted:

1) I wasn't sure what its head was photoshopped over - like, I couldn't really tell what was going on in the comic there and 2) I know absolutely nothing about Doomsday (I only realized that was Doomsday's head through context), so I don't know how ridiculous it would be to try to talk to him because I don't know how bad of a guy he is.

Not having an understanding of the context doesn't make me humorless, jerk.

No, but this post does.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Context: The Something Awful Forums › Discussion › Debate & Discussion: You have a constitutional right to be a dumbass › C-SPAM › Trump Toxx: "Grab 'em by the pussy" - President Trump

Baloogan posted:

these are the fell days i spoke about

this is when you need to post as hard as you can

i looked out this morning and the sun was gone

Baloogan posted:

these are the days that matter

when the wheat is seperated from the chaff

when the boys are made men and girls are made women

this is when you need to post
as
hard
as
you
loving
can

Baloogan posted:

trump every loving day

and trump every nite

this is when you need to burn twice as bright

for our incandescent pyre

Baloogan posted:

Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to post forever?

For Christ's sake men—come on!

Baloogan posted:

The delusion and illusion have fallen by the side of the highway

revv your fuckin harveys and dust grandma off and stick her skeleton in front of the loving organ and crush up your nephew's adderal and do a loving LINE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g3dEM_zmGM

THESE ARE THE DAYS

THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES

POST LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Baloogan posted:

the perfect storm is RINGING DOWN YOUR DOOR
the tidal wave is loving UP THE SHORE

matthew is loving side news
trump is all there is
burn oh so bright

Baloogan posted:

their evil in the air and their thunder in the sky

Baloogan posted:

grab YOURSLEVES by the pussy and pull yourselves together

TRUMP
this is our last month together

this is when it matters
this is IT
THIS

IS

IT

Baloogan posted:

nutten ever grows in this rotting old hole,
nd everything is stunted and lost

Baloogan posted:

don't let theme get u downv
like the meme says

the trump train don't go tt breaks

them the breaks
you don't stop
dton't stop believing
DONT EVETR STOP BELIEVING
this is when
you need to vbelieve
nothing
loving
matters

set fire to literally everything
set fire to your posts
POST POST POST

Baloogan posted:

we're going down, our submarine is SINKING AND ON FIRE AND the depth in the deep is crushing us
but dont ever stopp
were runing out of oxygen
the last thing ull see is ur heart stilll beating
breakin outta ur body and flyin outta helll

Baloogan posted:

we're all gonna die anyhow!!!! LIKE A BAT OUTTA HELL OH LIKE A BAT OUTTA HELL

There's a lot more after that, but you get the idea.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Don't know how you could have been on the internet, much less these forums, at any point in the last several years and not have seen that picture somewhere.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Scudworth posted:

I can't decide what's more hosed up - god as a vengeful omnipotent force whose true will can never be known, or god as the crusty old dean in a college movie who you must constantly hit with rule loophole interpretations to save your frat from being expelled because technically a dog CAN be the valedictorian.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

are you equating alt-right with not liking undertale, because if so then call me steve bannon

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The Last Hotdog Supper, wherein Jesus says "One of you will betray me".

Dave Syndrome posted:

Eh. Quick and dirty:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Specifically, this guy:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pookah posted:

Poor ol' Howard, thought of that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes, and died.

:(

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Changing the subject for a bit of a longshot request ...

I swear I can remember a quote from several years ago about Dreamworks Face. I want to say it was in CineD and done by a guy who either worked in movie marketing or knew someone who did. It was an explanation that the "smug smile w/one eyebrow raised" look was a cynical move by marketers to try and appeal to tween boys by subliminally saying "don't worry, this movie isn't for babies, it's also cool and edgy." Or something to that effect. Does anyone else remember this or did I just dream it?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Syd Midnight posted:

I thought I had a screenshot of it, but this is all I have with "dreamworks" in the file name. I don't suppose that's the quote or from the thread?

There's way more of them than that, somewhere I have a collage of about 20 of them

That may have been part of it but I swear there was also a deep dive into the marketing "science" behind why they went with that particular expression. Oh well, thanks for trying.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Does anybody have that quote about the most depressing thing ever being a man sitting alone in his kitchen in the predawn hours eating a single block of shredded wheat?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The highest level math I ever took was algebra.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was some kind of new PYF Math Class That You Took thread.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Your Gay Uncle posted:

If you want to see a European person go from 0 to Final Solution in 2.5 seconds just ask “Hey what do you think about Travelers”?

It's a depressing idea but I got a grim chuckle out of that turn of phrase.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

My old warehouse manager used to say "if you hold it in long enough, it turns into flesh".

Communist Walrus posted:

LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH I screamed as I shoved the cork up my rear end

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Jose posted:

i googled "stardew valley murder mod" and this was one of the top results

Skypie posted:

I see Aatrek is interested in anything with "Star" in the title then

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Speaking of bizarre meltdowns over children's media that come out of nowhere:

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

This show seems to be written by people who revere the idea of adventure, but have absolutely no idea how to write or structure one. An adventure is that which is unexpected and undesired, and must be undergone to reach some goal. The show on the other hand features ducks who talk about adventures, how they want to go on adventures, how much their lives involve adventure, what great adventures have happened in the past, and what kind of adventure they’re having right now – and consequently never experience a real adventure, because that would imply a departure from normality.

The episode where they go to Atlantis makes for a great example because it can be directly compared with a story by Carl Barks, The Secret of Atlantis. This particular story also has the advantage in that it’s an ideal illustration of the relationship between the normal and the abnormal in Duckburg. The first half of the story sets up why the ducks go to Atlantis, but has nothing to do with Atlantis, and is instead set squarely in reality.

It’s a cartoon reality of talking animals, pie fights, and giant money bins, admittedly, but is also completely mundane in a way. It revolves around coin collecting, which one of the most banal things imaginable, and opens with a scene of accounting, which probably is the most banal thing imaginable. The story escalates through cartoon logic – Scrooge McDuck dumping all 1916 quarter coins into the sea save for one to artificially create a collector’s item – and enters the realm of comic fantasy when it gets into Atlantis.

There’s a lot of things you can say about the Atlantis sequence, because despite being very silly, there are nuances to it. You can note the satirical dimension in how even at the bottom of the sea you can’t escape American mass culture. And you can note Barks valorised exploration, but was evidently aware of the human costs of all those great discoveries, which is why there’s a note of seriousness that underlines a light-hearted story.

Or you might notice that this is one of those times when homo sapiens slip into a Duck comic, since Atlanteans were unambiguously humans before evolving gills, and not those weird dog-people that usually populate the place.

But what’s important for our purpose is that it’s as story about discovery that has its webbed feet planted firmly in its strange version of reality, best illustrated when Donald Duck is amazed by the sights of Atlantis while Scrooge couldn’t care less because he’s after his 1916 quarters.

The idea that Atlantis and mermen exist is enough to drive the sequence, and there’s minimal complications to this. Barks spends time explaining the origin of Atlantis and its inhabitants because those things are interesting on their own. There’s also a good moral, as the ducks’ escape hinges on Huey, Dewey, and Louie wanting to learn about history and culture, unlike the opportunistic adults.

And there’s weight to the ducks escaping. First because in this comic actions can have momentous consequences, like a fantastical civilization collapsing because of colonialism. Secondly, because they’re escaping into normality – a world where people live in an everyday society, where they have jobs and fiscal responsibilities, where children go to school and spend time as Boy Scouts. That probably doesn’t sound impressive, at least if you haven’t seen Jeff Smith use it as the foundations of a whole fantasy epic.

It’s the kind of reality that Ducktales (2017) seems to abhor and does it best to escape. The fact that monstrous mer-ducks exist is just a sight gag, when it seems like something Barks would have spent a whole story on. The show’s reality is so over-the-top that contrast between the everyday and the adventurous becomes impossible. One might make the argument that the show is trying to be faithful to the old cartoon than the comics, but from what little I recall, the original Ducktales didn’t have this problem either. It had a more conventional sense of “reality” and adventure, more in line with the comics. It’s simply strange to see the creators pay homage to Barks but also be hell-bent on not learn anything from him.

And by God, what have they done to Don Rosa's work :barf: :barf: :barf:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Whoever that is looks like the kind of dude who has lots of opinions about how many women there are in the new Star Wars movies.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Could also be someone talking out of context about their latest Crusader Kings II game.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

On moths:

Nostradingus posted:

Bang! Zoom! Straight into the lightbulb over and over

because moths navigate by the moon

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Elon Musk is going to prison?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

I never really watched it, melted wax guy looked awkward.

Ban this sick filth.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

No context.

Guy Goodbody posted:

GET A loving JOB YOU LAZY FAIRYTALE RAT! Oh, the other day you took your ottoman to Wendy Toad to have it reupholstered, and along the way you had quite a little adventure with the Captain of the Cricket Guard? gently caress YOU I SPENT THE OTHER DAY NETWORKING AT CROSSFIT. Completely destroyed my ACL, I'll never be able to run again, but those business connections will last forever. I bet you don't even have a Linkedin, you little poo poo.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"Mercilessly dunking on boondoggle fighter jet programs" is my favorite subgenre of goon humor.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Regarding opossums:

naem posted:

they look like a muppet that Jim Henson didn’t try very hard on

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Wheat Loaf has extremely bad and wrong opinions about Star Wars.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Well, unrelated to the discussion of popular sci-fi franchises, the "ITT We are Idiots Sabotaging Our Own Lives" thread in GBS has some pretty good content.

tater_salad posted:

I have watched a lot of soverign citizen videos and read a lot of blogs. I have swapped my licence plates with a document that says "I am Moorish, I do not Consent". I have relinquished my insurance, drivers licence and now carry stacks of paperwork indicating how wrong the police are.

I tend to always travel with my kids in the car so they can watch how smart I am in order to teach them how much smarter I am than the police officers who think they can arrest me when there is no crime committed without victims. The Police CAN NOT arrest me if there is no victim, I do not need to consent to provide my identification. I have paperwork that show the articles of confederation to show I'm being illegally detained. I am a traveler and it is against the constitution to prevent me from traveling if I am not participating in commerce. I will also fight the jurisdiction of the maritime court of corporations of which I will not accept any attempts to create joinder with someone who wants to arrest the corporation Tater_salad, as I am a representative of the corporation tater_salad"

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm in a loud noisy rock band and I don't care what the experts say, wearing earplugs when playing live at high volumes is for pussies. You gotta be able to feel the music, man. Now, can someone shut that loving alarm bell off? It's been ringing for days now.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

orange sky posted:

Did the gender reveal chat start with this? because if it didn't, have this precious story

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1067715324290744321

quote:

U.S. Border Patrol agent Dennis Dickey is suspected of shooting Tannerite, which caused the explosion seen in the video.

Dickey was sentenced to pay $100,000 and $500 every month for the next 20 years in October for the fire. He also agreed to appear in a public service announcement about the cause of the fire.

spog posted:

Seems a fairly fair sentence

Platystemon posted:

The judge should have held a sentence reveal party.

As the thread title says, I am easily amused.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

Alright, so the issue here is that people always always always wimp out when bit by a dog. That simply trains the dog to bite you MORE, not less. You have to think like a dog to deal with these kinds of dog communiques. The dog, through the medium of physical violence, is speaking to you. So you must, in turn, speak to it. If a dog bites you, you loving bite it back. Humans are the top of the death heap due to our intellectual flexibility, aerobic endurance, and aerodynamic bodies. Don't let this less evolved creature intimidate you because it has teeth. So do you. Bite it in the throat and punch it in the head.

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

- note found on unidentified body mauled by a feral dog

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I found my new favorite gimmick account.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [20's M] saw some pretty clearly visible sex toys in the main room of my fiends [mid 20's] house.

Long story short because I hate long posts on here too. I went to a buddies house to play videogames with him and a bunch of friends. My eyes tend to wander around the room because I get pretty antsy, and I noticed some sort of vibrator and a large bottle of lube pretty plainly exposed under my best friends desk. My best bud has a light form of autism, he's very lonely, and I know he spends some time in chat rooms with girls, possibly guys who are in his same boat. I do not care about his sexuality, we never talk about it. His business is entirely his own, that's not why I'm posting anyway.

My only concern is that he's neglecting to put this stuff away. Our other friends are not going to be as understanding if they found this stuff. So I kind of grabbed my shoe and pretended to get "mad" at the game and slid it over to knock down the bottle and the dildo, pushing it deep under the desk. I quickly retrieved my shoe before my friends did and I apologized for my "outburst" and we quickly resumed playing. No one mentioned the bottle or toy and I'm 99% sure no one but me saw or realized what they were looking it. He didn't notice the slide, I dont think he even realizes the toys were left out.

My question: how do I approach telling him that he should probably be putting his sex toys away? I've seen it before, I just didn't realize what it was until tonight. My buddy already has a pretty tough time socializing and we live in a rural area that's not very accepting. We love our friends, but I dunno if this would change things and frankly, I want to save him the embarrassment.

tl;dr: My buddy frequents chat rooms, he left his dildo and lube out, our friends are kind of conservative, and his autism ostracizes him enough. The post is kind of short, if you could please read the whole thing, I'd appreciate it! Please help me.

CheesyDog posted:

that's the smoothest anyone's gotten a dildo behind a desk with a shoe since the Bush administration

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Ariong posted:

What’s up, insomniacs? It’s time to play everyone’s favorite game! Guess! The! Thread!

Oooh, that’s a spicy one! There’s nothing quite like anecdotal evidence to justify racist stereotypes, am I right? Perhaps this one comes from D&D? Here’s a hint: it’s actually from GBS! Well, go ahead. Guess the thread!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

If you want to see a European person go from 0 to Final Solution in 2.5 seconds just ask “Hey what do you think about Travelers”?

Yeah, yeah, they probably meant "Roma" instead of "Travelers," you get the point.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Deploying that quote in a thread should be banned under the Geneva Convention. It's a weapon of mass derailment.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

God, whatever happened to Michelle Trachtenberg? She was in Buffy, then EuroTrip, then ... ?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Looking at that gassed thread led me to the banlist for another permabanned goon whose reason for being banned was "dead." I checked out the thread and found a classic:

PCW posted:

Well since there are Spice and K2 threads I figured maybe some people may want to conduct some research on creating their own incense blends with some of these supplements. These products are not for intended for human consumption and will not be sold to anyone intending such purposes.

(He's selling drugs)

His last update was on August 22, 2010. A few days later ...

asimplenation posted:

Yeah I placed my order on Sat the 21st and haven't heard anything since then. I have sent him an email, a pm onsite and he hasn't bee on AIM in a few days. Clearly something is going on. I don't have a package from him, a tracking number from him or anything as of right now which is not typical of him.

Arrest that rear end! posted:

We have recieved cause to believe that PCW may have passed away. I'll update when there are more details.

asimplenation posted:

Uhhh I hope not cause I am out a ton of $$ then.

Brain Issues posted:

Yeah it's confirmed, I knew PCW in real life for about a year and a half and it's too early to say but I'm almost positive its a drug overdose (opiates). Here's a link to the obit:

asimplenation posted:

If you knew him in real life do you think there is any chance you can talk to his family or something about issuing people refunds? Also that link requires a paid subscription could you post a screenshot or a different link?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

Obviously the solution is ensuring Germany wins WW1.

You don't want to know what French Hitler would have gotten up to.

e: The UK being dissolved like Austria-Hungry would have been a net positive, though.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

Twelve Batmans is melting down in the r/elationships thread about how non-blacks shouldn't say the n word

CharlestheHammer posted:

I wish I cared about anything like white people cared about rules lawyering the N word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Watch for low-hanging fruit.

lofi posted:

It's often harder for the mummy.