Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Riatsala posted:

I always placed the threshold of basic SS13 competency at successfully smoking a cigarette without harming yourself or others

My favorite iteration of the game, though, is colonial marines, because even when everyone has the best intentions the proliferation of new players, dangerous equipment, and labyrinthian control schemes makes every single operation fall apart in a orgy of slapstick violence followed by gruesome actual violence. Panicked friendly fire, misused explosives, tank hit and runs, and hilariously doomed last stands are all par for course.

There's been an offshoot of CM called Mercdonalds that goes up for testing every weekend for a few hours and it's just CM ramped up to absolute idiocy levels. The first indicator being that, yes, you are McDonalds mercenaries trying to clear out the xenos. It also has pilotable dropships, as in you pilot them around in the sky and dudes can jump out and parachute down like it's loving Market Garden with similar success rates and if you forget your parachute you just explode into gibs on impact. Also xeno evolution has a sickass set of detailed branching trees. There's a 'News of the Day' thing at the end of each round using actual photos with commentary taken by the people who play reporters too. It's wonderfully stupid and over the top in a way I enjoy immensely. :allears:

If you can't handle random idiot humor though it'll grate you into apocalyptic fury about 5 seconds after you spawn in, though.

CzarChasm posted:

And then the story teller takes these actions and adds flavor text. It's like hearing someone talk about their D&D campaign. If you were to just transcribe the mechanics of what happened it would be a bunch of numbers going back and forth. But when you put it in the hands of someone who can paint a scene with words, it's a much richer experience.

:hai:

Kitfox88 has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Feb 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

none of these posts are funny, much like pewdiepie and his fans

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Well there was the thread about repetitive sets of dead babies, don't remember bjs

Dead baby reps?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The more they post, the better they feel
So let's call the police on Granos

:vince:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Weembles posted:

I once shopped for a small digital scale for weighing coins for my collection and in return I got recommendations for small vials and baggies for weeks afterwards.

I'm sure I'm on a list somewhere.

Outrail posted:

Pretty smart algorithm to realize you needed dime bags.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

someones firing up the meat smoker this weekend

QUACKTASTIC posted:

while true, she'd still prefer it if you just called her 'mum'

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

can I get those forums uhhhhhhhhh spineless

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

It’s a real good avatar

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Take my wife, please! She is a murderer and I am afraid.

mr john charles thomas price it's an honor to meet you

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I got cut off by a Model 3 with a temporary license plate, and then a Grimes song shuffled up on my playlist.

Send help, for I am actively dying.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

clever man

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I did not have sex with my cat intentionally

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

christmas boots posted:

lets just say that Buffy was a female dog and my depravity knew no limits

god i forget, that was from here right? someone post the actual quote

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

that was the literal quote friend.

there was more to it in my mind, rip

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

boar guy posted:

SCORE BIG ON MOTHERS DAY FOR UNDER $40!!!!!

gently caress off
nice can i speak to your manager talons, i guess they know their market

Xand_Man posted:

drat your mom's offering a pretty good deal

boar guy posted:

what? no....NO!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Turpitude II posted:

Unlike Aatrek, goons don't lose interest in things that are more than a few years old.

went to post this in the funny forum quotes thread and got a real shocker of a revelation

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Imagined posted:

gently caress yeah

Jerry Cotton posted:

OKCupid has a city :psyduck:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

it is literally never where i suspect it's from

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Feranon posted:

everyone deserves the feeling of fat pussy energy sometimes even if they don't have a fat pussy imo

Screaming Idiot posted:

So it's like a fauxlva.

Alucard posted:

More like a sham-el toe

Coolness Averted posted:

synthesis:
camelfaux

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

gently caress SKUB

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

yep i'm pretty happy about providing the inciting post

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Doc: "Oh my God. They found me. I don't know how, but they found me. RUN FOR IT, MARTY!!"
Marty: "Who? Who?!"
Doc: "Who do you think?! THE LABIANS!!!"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Congratulations. You killed it. The vagina jokes finally dried up.

typical man

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

cuntrymen I assume

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Holy poo poo I never knew where the trainwreck smilie came from before, I’m dying

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Siljmonster posted:

How many suicides can be linked to Steve Jobs?

Dumb Lowtax posted:

At least one high profile one

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

animist posted:

i believe in the abrahamic god only because i dream of one day killing him

Giga Gaia posted:

big jrpg energy

Hodgepodge posted:

if on your path you should meet the buddha, cast vanish and then doom on him

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

You see people all laughed when I poo poo myself on stage in front of millions of people, but actually it was a brilliant bit of viral marketing.

gschmidl posted:

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

You see people all laughed when I poo poo myself on stage in front of millions of people, but actually it was a brilliant bit of bacterial marketing.

:eng101:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

God that thread is so good

doctorfrog posted:

slice through the cold cuts and
dice through the pork butts and
slam with the pommel of my
tacula-aaah

5er posted:

High speed, low dragula.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Alcohol is a disinfectant that’s why I buttchug vodka

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

No that’s just cause it’s bottom shelf plastic bottle vodka

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

:sniff:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Slumfrog posted:

I always imagined cumtown was part of the Fury Road landscape. Quite a bit friendlier than most of the wasteland too. I mean, there you are, a chromed up, violently nihilistic skeevoid fanging your War Rig across the red sands from Gastown to the Bullet Farms, a new mob of impractically themed motor enthusiasts trying to murder you every few k's. In fact here's a new bunch of arseholes out of nowhere, nicely turned out in speedos, footy boots and kfc bucket helmets, a monstrous legion of malformed tigers, sketchy wizards and improbable women dancing on the airbrushed flanks of their Sandman panel vans as they swarm maniacally with the apparent aim of being exploded hilariously by your guys and their high yield vaudeville acrobatics. I mean, painted fellas cavorting atop long bendy poles is a belter of an act at the fringe, but what fucko bases a defensive strategy on the ouvre? Mind you, worked but eh.

Anyway you've got a murderous headache, those pozzas hangin off the Rig keep yelling stuff at you despite the stonkingly obvious fact that you can in no way understand any of it from inside the cab of this thundering smashwagon, the boss's moronic son, the musclebound one with the lungs by dyson, is on the cb asking you to pick up some paddlepops for him and his mates - presumably from the abundant icecreameries in this post apocolyptic murder desert - the fukkin muppet, you're starting to realise the bottle of pills you chugged before setting out were not awareness and stamina enhancing amphetamines but were pretty strong laxatives and the wise woman you got them off was actually that guy who you're pretty sure was eating a poo that one time and also you have to stop drinking petrol coladas, it's your birthday and no one remembered except your mum who called you a posh wanker when you mentioned it, the only radio station is just a dude called Dave screaming obscenities over and over and they're not even real obscenities coz Daves a loving idiot, it's loving hot out again, your dog's an arsehole, and that loving dipshit with the amplifier truck and guitar gimp have been blasting the same three loving chords for the last five loving hours.

Then something new appears on the horizon, something that doesn't belong to this world of dust and spiky pants. It....glitters. You never knew what that word meant before. As you approach the thing flashes through the spectrum, visible and imaginary, each coruscating display surely the peak of brilliance you think, until the next eclipses it utterly. The torrential splendour wipes away the world around, the shattering roar of the engine fades to a gentle purr, the screams of the dying merely a contented sigh. Finally nearing the source you slow, craning out the window to get a better view of the wonderous thing, until it suddenly snaps into focus. It's a billboard, a billboard sprung from the fevered brow of the very god of fabulous. Rolling to a gentle stop you exit the cab and stand slackjawed gazing up at this outrageous wonderment. Amid the swirling glory a face slowly fades in. A man, but unlike any man you have seen before. His face handsome, smooth, unblemished. A rougish twinkle in the eyes, a forehead unfurrowed by the coarse stuff of everyday struggles, . Teeth neither yellow nor missing, but pearlescent white, as he looks down at you and smiles in welcome. A welcome that engulfs your dessicated rag of a soul and holds it gently. Just as gently the face fades away, the eyes last to go but holding yours locked throughout, and a message replaces it. Blinking through tears of wonder, as the font is breathtaking, the kerning a perfection of topological nuance, you read:

WELCOME TO CUMTOWN
We aim to please

As you consider this and marvel at the mind that could birth an entendre of such cardinality, a figure steps from the shadows beneath the billboard. It is the man from the sign. With a leonine grace and finely judged sway he strolls up to you, the lines of his perfect suit playing off against his devasting features in a subtle dance. Placing his hands on your shoulders, he flashes that smile and looks deep into your eyes, and finally speaks.

He says, "Hi, I'm the mayor of this place. People call me cumshitter. Give me your money."

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Hitchens was a sexist dink who probably jerked off to his own farts.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

You're thinking of James Joyce

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

That was other people's farts.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

wait poo poo

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Finally a bust in the public square I can really admire

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Krazyface posted:

What's BofAML???

Epic High Five posted:

BOFA DEEZ MARXIST-LENINISTS

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

lmao it’s a perma

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

sebmojo posted:

It's from 2005

Actually it’s from 2006 and also dates are for losers im also dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Adding this on to that

Captain_Indigo posted:

Though outside of Japan it's been subbed to 'Friendzone'.