Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
rear end people got no reason to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Bobby Digital posted:

I vaguely remember hearing a podcast episode where the hosts and their guess discussed a species of fish that did this is also hermaphroditic so either could get pregnant.

It was basically a duel to avoid getting stuck having the other one’s babies.

Edit: flatworms! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_fencing

I remember learning about this in my AP Bio class in high school. Needless to say we were all quite amused by this fact.

I also just randomly rememberer that when I was like 10 years old I heard the term "cockfighting" and since I knew cock was a slang term for penis I thought it was about 2 dudes fighting with their dicks like they were sword fighting.

I sent an angry email to some dude on the internet who had an anti-pokemon website where he compared Pokemon to cockfighting. Luckily I was pretty vague about the whole thing and did not reveal my hilarious misinterpretation. I was pretty embarrassed about it later on when I found out what cockfighting actually was.

Thanks quotes thread for making me laugh about cocks again.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

This cartoon never fails to piss me off. Like I guess it's supposed to be him drinking some bitch's piss from a urine pregnancy test... But there is no urine pregnancy test in dogs. So the semen theory actually makes more sense. gently caress you Jim Davis.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

fruit on the bottom posted:

The official Davis explanation is that back during his formative years on the farm, there would be this drink you would give to pregnant cows to ensure they’d have all the right nutrients and without doing any research he assumed there would be some equivalent for dogs. Why it was in a coffee mug remains a mystery.

So he thought the vitamin drink actually got them pregnant instead of preparing them for it? I still think semen makes marginally more sense as it at least has genetic material. Even if it's from another species. And taken orally. By a male.
See, this is why it pisses me off every time!
gently caress you Jim Davis

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Doc Hawkins posted:

He did not.

E: I wanted to say, your bitch-piss theory was one I have never, ever heard before. Points for originality.

Tyvm, that means a lot to me

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

barbecue at the folks posted:

Now I'm wondering if Jim Davis does his real art under a pseudonym and just draws some insane underground comics about sadomasochistic cybernuns doing giraffe acid or something. The recurrent hints that there's something Weird going on behind the respectable bland facade that is Garfield are always interesting.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/5914471/holy-crap-this-is-the-most-terrifying-garfield-strip-ever-published

Edit: Ok, technically he didn't draw that stuff but he did publish it as a vaguely Garfield related story

Dixville has a new favorite as of 11:47 on Apr 24, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

mind the walrus posted:

That website gave my phone cancer :smith:

Hmm well that's no good. I found this other link with the same strip, hopefully it's less cancery?

https://flashbak.com/garfields-primal-self-when-the-cuddly-cartoon-cat-wanted-to-rip-your-throat-out-9160/

Edit: I feel guilty about posting but not contributing Funny Forums Quotes so here's this thing I laughed at:

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

actually, what if hitler had been homeless? i guess there might be situations where it's ok to poison a homeless person, i dunno i'm not a philosopher

Dixville has a new favorite as of 15:06 on Apr 24, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Well at least it wasn't the abortion thread

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Pirate Radar posted:

Yeah standards are fine.

Very small dogs are almost universally awful, with an exception made for my girlfriend’s parents’ chihuahua, who has two teeth left—just the top canines, like a vampire—and usually has to be carried in a bag in public to conceal his constant erection.

You might ask “how does he chew with only two teeth” and the answer is he doesn’t, they chew food for him and drop the prechewed bits into his mouth.

Uh... these people chew dog food and spit it back out to feed their dog? Could they not just soak it in some water and put it in a blender or something?
I'm guessing the more likely thing is they just feed the dog chewed up chicken or other "human foods" but that's not really nutritionally balanced so it's not ideal. But there are a lot of people with dogs that are so spoiled or picky they won't eat anything else. If they're super old and probably gonna die pretty soon anyway I figure they might as well what they want at that point.
I ain't gonna judge, I'm just saying, there are other ways to make food edible for dogs without teeth.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Gatekeeper posted:

i went to a bar that was doing an open mic and i forgot i had taken some klonopin earlier so after a few drinks i was a sloppy blacked out mess and apparently i decided to try my hand at slam poetry. i signed up to perform and wrote a slam poem in a text message to myself. i don't remember writing it or performing it, i found the poem in my phone the next day and didn't know wtf it was until people started telling me how great my "performance" was the night before. like, people i didn't even know, finding me on facebook and messaging me, telling me i was an amazing slam poet.

the slam poem:

apparently i shouted the bold caps words with much feeling and emotion, delivering a raw and powerful and very serious performance. somehow i did not laugh or crack a slow smile while saying, or yelling, any those words. i made an angry somber face the whole time.

the following week at the open mic night, a pretty lady with red hair and a big butt who was going to play her guitar that night told me she remembered my slam poem and found it very impressive and she asked me if I could help her tune her guitar before she played, so I went behind the stage with her but she didn't need help tuning the guitar, she just wanted to give me a hickey which was weird because we were both like 30 :wtc:

I think she, and everyone else, thought i was delivering a serious poem.

I may not remember writing it but after reading it im pretty sure it was not supposed to be a serious poem. but i suppose art takes on a life of its own.

china bot posted:

Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner
PRINCIPAL
were in the closet
making babies
CLOSET
opposite of classroom
MAKING
opposite of learning
and I SAW one of the babies
...and the baby looked at me

These posts are so beautiful.

They should have sent a poet.

...wait

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

fruit on the bottom posted:

It’s a more interesting world when we choose to believe. I choose to believe that the story about the bf who befriended a wild eagle is true, because I don’t want to live in a world where I can’t believe that.

Not sure about that story, but it reminds me of this girl I knew in college who would always make up bizarre stories to try to one-up other people. One time I was in a car with her and a couple mutual friends and she told us this story where there was a hawk on top of a telephone pole, and there was this crowd of people harrassing it or throwing rocks at it or something, and she claimed she held her arm out and the hawk just swooped down and landed on her arm. And she smugly told everyone how the hawk was friendly and more afraid of them than they were of it. And she walked away with the hawk on her arm and when she got home her mom freaked out about it so she let it go.
Me and my friends were like yeeeeaaahhhh :stonklol: and later when she was gone :wtc:

So my personal experience with a hawk taming story was not true. It's just the one story though so don't lose hope.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
No pads no helmets just balls was their master work, anything after is irrelevant

Perfect was the true over the top angsty teen anthem :emo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUi54JTgL5s

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

china bot posted:

you were...just a kid

Aaand life is a night mare!!!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Yeah, so is that hot dog.

Edit:

Urban Dictionary killin' it with the banner ads.

Parahexavoctal posted:

Normally I wouldn't fuss about design elements that include two columns of four rounded pink rectangles each, superimposed on an isometric projection of a globe, but in this context....

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

in this context they forgot the ring :(

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Or maybe they knew exactly what they were doing :pervert:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Blessed images thread

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

lmfao I just tried to GIS "poop knife" to share the story with a coworker, and apparently it's become A Thing:

tag yourself, I'm Feces Falchion

Doodoo Dagger

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Post your favorite poop knife: the thread

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

It's funny cause it's true

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
PM me :wink:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

value-brand cereal posted:

Please read this thread, or at least this posters posts

Weird poo poo your ex did shat

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
*shits out alphabet soup spelling "I love u"*
Aw, honey, you shouldn't have!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Moon Atari posted:

Mine was mockery of a racist element in an otherwise interesting OP, delivered in such a way as to derail an ugly and unproductive argument. It worked well in context but then the argument was replicated here without my wise but gentle guiding hand to steer the hapless masses away from the rocks of serious posting to calmer shitposting seas.

I thought it was funny and saw it as making fun of the van guy and his racist point of view fwiw. I actually read the thread though so :shrug:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Aphrodite posted:

Sonic isn't a hedgehog he's a Hedgehog.

Um he's clearly THE Hedgehog
Sonic 3 the Hedgehog was my favorite

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

:perfect:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I forgot that ad was for Sears lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvzHMmDDTBI

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

WrenP-Complete posted:

They are referencing an old Sears Kenmore commercial for central AC.

efb, wow that was fast

I found it right away because I remembered the phrase "another scorcher" and they used that as the title! Apparently I opened this thread right after that post too, I didn't realize how soon it was
Actually I have magic posting powers ;)

Subjunctive posted:

Oh, I wonder if that ran in Canada. It doesn’t ring a bell. Thanks!

You lucky bastards. That thing played constantly when I was growing up. I guess it makes sense that it wouldn't be shown in Canada since you probably don't get a lot of heat waves!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Someone linked
https://shop.hommemystere.com

Which pretty much just looks like womens underwear sized better for men

Meundies has matching men's and women's bottoms but they are kinda more cutesy than sexy
https://www.meundies.com/matching-pairs

I think just silk boxers in a matching color would fit what this dude's looking for just fine. Lol that he could only find novelty penis joke underwear though.

Edit reminds me of something disturbing I found on etsy a while back

:gonk:

Dixville has a new favorite as of 13:23 on Jan 1, 2019

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
See-ince feeection

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It is, but

space uncle posted:

But that’s no fun. I don’t come to this website for genuine personal reflection and the realization that as flawed human beings we must strive to become better.

I need you to double down, triple down, start posting unsourced bizarre articles, try to doxx the naysayers, and then beautifully melt down when some kind of bizarre sordid past emerges. (It turns out you’re banned from traveling to Greece and Italy solely due to anti-Roma racism, and you named your pet dog Gyppo the oval office).

This would admittedly be funnier though

1stGear posted:

*credits play, GUEST STARRING RODNEY DANGERFIELD appears onscreen*

Lmao

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0cAx1jLbJk

Edit I can relate to this koala a lot actually

Also I think the one in the tree is doing a mating call. loving Chad koalas

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They also sometimes sound like they're loudly burping all night.

I just realized this is also the mating call. They loving bro

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Lobok posted:

I thought you most of all weren't supposed to go in there.
I know this was a while ago but(t)
Oh my god

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Dixville posted:

Why the gently caress would you shave a husky?
How the gently caress would you shave a husky?

thepopmonster posted:

Early in the morning?

Besesoth posted:

Fifteen men on a shaved dog's fur
Yo ho ho and a bottle of flea killer

Sorry if it's bad form to quote myself but it was just the setup!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Shut up Meg posted:

Ladies and Gentleman: our place in history.

I like the term seeped; I like our seepage

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
The dog's sister is my favorite part

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It's birkenstock in a basket btw

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That may be the worst line he ever wrote. It’s just so bad.

That was eminem right? I can't remember what song its from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Oh its love the way you lie. Lol