Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Segmentation Fox posted:

The la-bi-lu-le-lo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

drat, It Feels Good To Be A Gamer

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I can’t decide if this is my favorite or least favorite thing about PYF but somehow it’s definitely one of the two

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Syd Midnight posted:

I dunno if it was a 1-thread joke or a running gimmick but they were incredible

Please tell me that someone else remembers the time that these were quoted in a thread and someone somehow managed not to get that they were jokes and responded to the weed one with the lovely cheap PYF sarcasm like “oh yeah, those guys totally deserved violence for smoking weed in their own place, that’s really a horrible crime :rolleyes:” and can quote it here

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I fed the Call of Cthulhu “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents” opening line into it and it just spat out a block of text that, as far as I can tell, is just a chunk of a neuroscience textbook or research paper

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

space uncle posted:

That thread is incredibly funny but I jumped in there and didn’t realize where I ended up and tried to riff with “Imp Zone” and they immediately kicked me the gently caress out. Whoops. Lurk more I guess.

For what it’s worth I felt kind of bad probating you, you just happened to walk in at a bad time lol. We had several people wander into that thread the night before who didn’t “get” imp zone or it’s humor and it caused a bit of a ruckus for most of the evening, so I just kind of panicked and jumped down your throat when I saw your post the next day to try to keep another big mess from blowing up. So, sorry. We’re not really as hostile to outsiders as that probably made it seem!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

I believe the forumid may be the same but the Imp Zone is not the same as Demonius Darkblade's Retro Dungeon

Also this. DDRD is the predecessor to Imp Zone but it was much, much, much worse. It was a weird Ralp project that absolutely no one in modern imp zone thinks of fondly.