Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My main exposure to him is from the wow forums in the Blizzard sub forum. Ask him about his valiant efforts to get a silver rating in the proving grounds.

Or about mob density in Warlords of Draenor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Biplane posted:

Lot of jokes about dicks, and the eating thereof, about the hot dog guy, which is of course fine and good but I am more stunned by the fact that there exists a person for whom the action of eating a hotdog is literally lifethreatening, and that he has in fact almost killed himself twice by accident. With hotdogs.

Nobody ever said natural selection works fast.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Tiggum posted:

The guys from the first film who don't show up at all in the rest of the trilogy? I watched those films when they came out and never since, but weren't the droid separatists and the trade federation two entirely separate groups both secretly being influenced by Palpatine? You could be right, I don't claim to have any kind of in-depth knowledge of the films, but the impression I got was that everyone thought Grievous was absolutely in charge of the droids and they were a distinct group fighting for independence from the republic. The trade federation blockading Naboo was a whole separate thing.

Nope, the Trade Federation starts the Separatist movement. Rather than organic soldiers, they use droids. Grievous is a cyborg. Palpatine is manipulating both sides to give himself more and more power.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah those racist af nemoidians show up in all the prequels and they never get less racist.

Their names rule tho

Nute Gunray (Newt Gingrich + Ronald Reagan)

Lott Dod (Trent Lott + Chris Dodd)

Also Grievous' ship is called the Invisible Hand lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

Do you have access to a colony of dirt-eating cockroaches that can clean out from under your fingernails?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He might have Eosinophilic Esophagitis, however. Getting something stuck in your throat that badly is rare for an adult and wheat and pork are two of the biggest triggers. Probably not though.

Anyway, Misterbibs is still a moron because he went on like a 40 page derail in the New Vegas thread about cazadores.

They're an enemy they use as a "You need the gear or some good tricks to skip past a huge chunk of the early game.". Basically a skill check to make sure newer players experience some of the other areas and people who are smart or who have already beaten the game can skip past.

I played that game like 4 years ago and I still remember how completely annoying and wrong he was about that one subject. I have very rarely seen someone so completely brutalized by an entire thread and not back down.

He got roasted pretty hard for saying that he couldn't beat Proving Grounds Silver in WoW. And for claiming that he couldn't move more than twenty meters in any direction in the game without mobs dazing him off his mount.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Paladinus posted:

There is one big difference between SMG and BotL. BotL is actually a good and entertaining poster.

It's good to see that the posting portal to Bizarro World is still up and running.

Serf
May 5, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

I might get attacked for this but I think it might be better than the original. It shares a lot with the original in having a slow, plodding pace that helps immerse you in the world but tells its narrative in a more compelling way.

this is my brother's opinion too. i still like the original better, but 2049 was way better than it had any right to be. it was basically a movie that no one asked for but managed to be really loving good despite being unwanted

Serf
May 5, 2011

i never got the impression that wallace's blindness was for anything but show

Serf
May 5, 2011

Caufman posted:

Is it remembered who first used the term "dead and gay" to describe SA?

isn't that just a quote from heathers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sleator wrote some good YA sci-fi, I loved Singularity when I was 12

holy poo poo i found that book in a goodwill as a child and read it a bunch of times. i remember it being really good