Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
When does it turn into a thinly-veiled plagiarization of Red Barchetta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

sweeperbravo posted:

This was a recent one, the guy posting about how his dad died but their favorite football team was about to win and then the attempt at the field goal bounced off the goalpost into the hands of the opposing team who then scored?

The Glumslinger posted:

timp posted:

So, my uncle passed away on Thanksgiving.

I admittedly wasn't too close with him, but he was definitely the de facto patriarch of our extended family, so we all knew we had to come together. Tonight was the viewing, and the whole family is in town. My family and I drove up from Charlotte, and the cousins and some of their closest friends all drove in from their various home towns around PA.

After the viewing we all migrated to the house. Although the game was on, nobody was really paying much attention. But I decided, gently caress it, this is what he'd be doing if he was here, so myself and a few cousins start watching. God love my uncle, but despite the rest of his family being diehard Steeler fans, he loved the Browns.

After the Schaub interception, a Browns win looks inevitable. My sister decides to walk around the house and start corralling the entire family into the living room. The Browns are about to win. It was like our beloved patriarch, winking at us from a above. A reminder that, no matter how bad things may seem, there's always the potential for things to go well.

http://i.imgur.com/EepNsGn.gifv

Was it this post?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Centripetal Horse posted:

Was it on these forums that someone posted "Antici..." and "...pation" separated by numerous years? Does anyone have that? That was amazing dedication to a Rocky Horror joke.

I think that was just a Twitter thing.

https://twitter.com/drfnfurter

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I had a couple of buds in high school who had one of those things in their room (boarding school). Occasionally it would get stolen as a prank.
One instance was my roommate taking it and putting it in our bathroom next to the other cardboard standing cutout we happened to have.
Another instance was some other guys putting it on a part of their ceiling, and one of the owners coming into the room and falling to notice it despite it being like six inches above his head. Everyday he saw it from outside and took it back.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sleeveless posted:

Once I was doing contract work for a middle school and I was in the building before school opened for the students and there was this much older-looking kid at the end of the hallway glaring at me. I was kind of freaked out until I got closer and realized that it was a cardboard cutout of Jacob from the Twilight movies. :doh:

"How long have you been thirteen?"
"A while.

BUT YOUR MOMS STILL OLDER LOL"

graybook has a new favorite as of 22:47 on Mar 6, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
something something fbi about this post

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
As a South Carolinian, that checks out.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
In my head, i read the post like it was Ben Carson who took the time to think before uttering bobonut. This was a positive enhancement of that experience.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
The first time I had sleep paralysis, an incredibly angry Arnold Schwarzenegger showed up and yelled at me in my dreamvision. It was a genuinely disturbing experience.
Now it's just an annoyance. But he doesn't come around anymore. I guess he's off scaring other newbies.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
There's another one from that thread that basically legitimately merits the use of "epic". Hell of a thread, but I'm on mobile - could someone post the link?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Karate Bastard posted:

Quoting myself because I just discovered to my unfettered joy that the new Android app lets me stop and start the derps and the woops with the mere touch of my finger, like I'm there in the flesh, in my own Grover hausparty!!!!!!

"the derps and the woops" is the name of my epic internet meme themed big band ensemble

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Cyber Man AND Priest

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Laserjet 4P posted:

That's about the state of SA in general, not TCC specifically.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=76#post461795189

Here, in this very thread!

Suggestion: could this get edited into the first post since it seems to be one that folks come in here looking for?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

The Brew Dog guys actually did a thing where they went to San Francisco and made a beer that they served in vapor form so there's precedent for this actually

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sapozhnik posted:

Does anybody have an archives link for the post itself

Does this work? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2200257

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

sweeperbravo posted:

Was that long post supposed to be funny?

If you're in middle school and need to be edgy, then yes, it's uproariously funny.