Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Those posts are incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Which one is the funny quote?

Thread title imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Imagine that Tyler Durden "you are not special" speech but a billion times sadder.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A great and underappreciated gem Arby <3

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Someone recently tagged me in a buzzfeed post where they put Partridge quotes over EU Referendum photos and it's wonderful

https://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/knowing-me-knowing-eu

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rap Music and Dope posted:

this is bad and pathetic you trying to plug yourself in the quotes thread LMAO

100%

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Did the droid separatists ever find love and understand what it means to be human? This film sounds great.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like doggo a lot because the "we rate doggos" twitter owns extremely hard imho

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 03:59 on Aug 12, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I actually laughed at this quote

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

gently caress!

On the app the where the quote button used to be is the edit button now :saddowns:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

At one point the android version of the app added a Close Thread button up at the top where Post used to be, so for a week I would keep accidentally closing threads.

Ever since I got the buttons I've been waiting for my first accidental close/gas

sneakyfrog posted:

dont you nerds have like IT jobs or something?

drat

I think like every third post I make comes with the caveat "I'm really dumb tho"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That got an audible laugh from me

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think we can all just agree comics are terrible

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This is such a stupid conversation even for the funny quotes thread

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Splendid and tremendous

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have two probations and one is from BroJo for quoting someone in an aug thread in 2013 because there was a nipple in the background of a youtube thumbnail they posted.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

BroJo isn't Backyard Blacksmith

BB -> Stalin McHitler -> blunt for century

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

funmanguy posted:

Wow, the lies come out already. After intense research and fact checking I have verified that you have four probations.

Mods New

The middle two are from a thread in BYOB where you could post an image and you'd get a six hour probation with that picture as your probation reason. The guy who probated me hosed up the img tags the first time though and because of radium probation reasons can't be edited or deleted :wooper:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's a reference to snow white there were also urban myths that apple's logo was a nod to it but that's horseshit.

e: that's not a joke btw, Alan turing loving loved snow white

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's been two pages of no one posting funny quotes (well more like 251) so please move on from this now that people have decided inferring other posters are paedophiles and lolling about loving kids is prime material is good posting.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Like all goon jokes it's old and already better told.

"They're just called The Islands since your ma visited"

e: Also there's literally one joke to make about them

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's funny how the people who flame out and post long dramatic letters proclaiming the forums to be dead and terrible and No Fun Anymore and get permabanned are always the ones who come back under multiple new accounts.

Are you still salty over that Avshalom own then, All-Pro Sexman?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

to expand on my abuse: if you know someone's been permabanned, and you like them, then maybe don't make reference to their accounts in the thread the mods all come to in order to see if they've been quoted

yh tbh that and the derails about capitalism and hollywood paedophile rings

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

So I'll pour out some more words here in an area where I'm not really qualified.

His argument seems to be that there's a school of thought called postmodernism which stems from actual marxism proper, and it came about in france (Jaques Derida et al) when marxism became unmarketable since it had become apparent that it invariably led to atrocity and genocide wherever "true marxism" was being attempted. So as far as I've understood it postmodernism is a relabling of those same thoughts, only you don't call it "class war" anymore but "war of the oppressors versus the oppressed", and somehow the proponents of postmodernism have made trans people issues their cause to champion, as evidenced by the statements of self-professed postmodernist professors and backed up by their students. Postmodernists are heavily involved in identity politics, and this pronoun stuff is being heavily pushed on by these postmodernist people. So I guess that's why he says that? As an aside though it is not obvious at all that actual trans people actually benefit from postmodernist involvement, for example because postmodern thoughts actually undermine the position of actual trans people. For example one postmodern idea is that your identity is yours to choose and you can choose it to be whatever you like (so why don't you choose not to be trans?). There's other stuff too, like they seem to be taking the privilege of speaking on behalf of the trans people, when they haven't asked them if that's what they want, or what they actually want. How could they? There's no trans people association with a common agenda that I know of that elected to have these people speak for them, but most of them seem to be wanting not so much attention please, and prefer to just go about their day please, because they have enough to deal with without their identity being the focus of an international circus. Though if you're interested in this stuff you should probably get your info from someone who knows what they're talking about, because I don't really. Jordan Peterson seems to make a lot of sense to me when he talks, but if anyone has a recommendation on better sources feel free to share them I guess?

Sorry, I don't normally seriouspost, but this stuff hurts people if you get it wrong, so one should probably make an effort to be right, even if it involves showing everyone how ignorant you really are, like I just did right here. I'll try not to drone on and on about this.

It's so strange that you like Jordan Peterson! Super unexpected imo. I think we can make this a funny quote if we had context.

Karate Bastard posted:

That's the face of a man who knows that he touched a friend of the family so now he's a friend of the family too.

Karate Bastard posted:

This poo poo sucks, you fag.

Karate Bastard posted:

That's actually pretty homo. Does anyone have it with mustard instead?

Edit: Woah! I never even noticed I got probated for this, but I guess I can see how you can take it for a slur on homos, which is not at all what I intended. Rather the opposite! I just meant to comment on the irony that this gentleman, who looks indeed very tough and gangsta and homophobic, actually looks rampantly homo in this gif, which I strongly doubt was his intention. Double the irony that I seem to be as blind as he as to the impressions I make, so apologies for any offense caused. Homo away to your hearts' content, friends! But gently caress apologizing about people who use mustard for skin lotion, because that poo poo is hilarious.

Is this post-modern now? :shobon:

e: Last time he was probated for "fag" I checked his rap sheet to see if it was a poor joke (still bad) or if he had a record of things like this

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 11:46 on Sep 12, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

your friend a dog posted:

close the thread emmy

I think about this every day

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Me: close the thread the quotes don't make you laugh even when you get them

Also, me: What if someone quotes you and the world realises what a cleber and smart poster you are, also funny and good at highfiving

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That thread is such an incredible honey pot

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

Ftr you can be as gay as you like and I won't think less of you (because as long as you keep it consensual your sex life is none of my business and I don't know what's best for you). So there.

Genuinely just think about how many times you've had to write this just in recent history.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

No it's just the current FYAD IK

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I feel like I need an almanac and ether to understand this thread sometimes

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Please remember to at least post quotes, you're discussing posters so it shouldn't be that hard.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Alaois posted:

A Man and his dog is a date rapist

Please source that

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The dude sounds like scum but those quotes aren't enough to be say with certainty "this dude is definitely a date rapist" so don't throw out accusations like that.

I can't quote goldmined threads but here's the link to a photoshop thread I enjoyed recently

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lemon-lyme disease posted:

If you aren’t OK with rock puns, pound sand.

(This means something entirely different from what I imagined when I first heard it. I know what it actually means now, but things stick with you that way.)

Does it mean loving the beach because that's what I always assumed.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Puns are pretty universally unfunny and not clever but just lmao if you think I'd probate someone for one

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

sneakyfrog posted:

puns are their own punishment

InequalityGodzilla posted:

That got removed because everyone agreed it was far too punishing.

Like see what I mean

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I knew a Willie Cox

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That one was linked recently and the girl didn't get banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just post funny forums quotes jesus christ. At least the treatise last page was a quote so it was 50% there, something it has in common with most quotes posted here.