Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FreudianSlippers posted:

Should I put ketchup on my horse meat steak at my sons circumcision and should I tip the mohel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Does anybody have any quotes that aren't just copy and pasted from 4chan

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sham bam bamina! posted:

candy-flavored clouds of nicotine water from a robot's dick

You gotta post the entire quote, man.

quote:

You know when you were a kid and your dad was shaving and you'd pretend-shave beside him because you thought it made you look grown-up? Everything redditors do is that same talismanic grasping at symbols of adulthood and sophistication tinged with an air of desperately overthinking it while completely missing the point.

If I use a real straight-razor and make my own lather with a badger brush then that makes me manly and attractive, even though I have scraggly unkempt hair and I'm 50 pounds overweight. If I wear a fedora it will make me cool and sophisticated, even though I'm wearing it with jorts and a le meme t-shirt. If I smoke an ecig then I look hard-boiled and interesting, even though my baby palate means I have to puff candy-flavored clouds of nicotine water from a robot's dick.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

Here's the thing about GBS, it doesn't wait for you to understand. It doesn't think you're special and it will wreck your poo poo if you come in thinking you are. GBS is where you go to kill your little case of Dunning-Kruger

Chances are if you get run out, it's because you're either trying to show everyone how smart, funny and/or original you are when you just simply aren't any of the above.

And as for genesplicer, dude does his job, better than when we had 2 absentee mods while the other was having a meltdown fighting with the ex-mod who is himself is just a walking Chernobyl. Fact is I don't agree with everything the man does, but atleast he's doing SOMETHING

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Gum posted:

I genuinely thought death threats were the most embarrassing way to respond to a delayed video game, but it turns out it's actually thank you cards

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
PYF internet tough guy fantasy: Popping pills and gunning down grannies in loving Florida

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Revenants Return posted:

Sad! The election forum is moderated by Morally, mentally, and physically weak individuals who take time away from their computer jobs to give out probations . Biochench and Zen Death Robutt are brimming with fail. , the election forum is a mess. Ostensibly boosted c5 is the trump mod but the IT guys are running amok probating everyone who works for a living and it's sad and someone should do something.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If I asked for relationship advise and some bitter dude wrote a wall of fanfiction about my relationship I would do the opposite of what he said too.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
ITT we uncritically post jackoff material written by people with cuckolding fetishes and believe every word is true.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Centripetal Horse posted:

I'd read it.

Also, I have a great Chuck Tingle title for this, but I'm too lazy to post it.

Pounded In The Butt By My Unrealized Comedy Gold

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Lifting Bill Hicks jokes is a net good because it means people get to enjoy a joke without having to look at or listen to Bill Hicks.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I feel that that should be expanded on with a few of the recent happenings.

Proposal: a hotdog shack busks for startup money on Kickstarter

Reality: A goon cancels christmas for his children to give all his money to an owner who turns out to be an unrepentant racist rear end in a top hat who ignores every kickstarter reward promised. A mod probates people who ask questions.

Proposal: loosen the rules to make GBS more inviting and to have threads about things other than cops, feminism, and news articles.

Reality: Only a fraction as many posters are posting and every other thread is still about cops, feminism, and news articles, only now it's a bunch of middle-aged alcoholics who learned how to exercise in their 30s and are average height with above-average penis girth posting Stormfront memes

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Junior Jr. posted:

The movie opened up here in the UK, I bit the bullet and went to a screening, now before you start bitching at me going "you idiot, you didn't like the movie to begin with, what was the point of paying to go see it if you knew it was bad?"

who said anything about PAYING to see it?

-

Before I went to see the film, I looked for the leaked plotlines from the reddit post and listed each one of them in a check list, I also threw in some other plotlines according to the trailers and tv spots.

I got about half right, but the point is the majority of the movie is pretty much the leak, with some tweaks here and there, so it all checks out.

I even detailed almost everything that happens exactly in the movie, including gags, cameos, sequence of events, and stats.

I was seriously shocked how close the leak was to the final product, I can't believe it was THAT bad. Also Feig and Dippold shoehorn SO MANY references to the original film, you wouldn't last a drinking game around it.

a couple of things I forgot to add, the "usher concert" line wasn't in the final version, and (I might be overthinking this gag) Wiig and McCarthy's white hair is possibly a reference to that line from Ernie "I've seen poo poo that'll turn you white", like...make your hair turn white, don't know if you can make that comparison though.

overall, the movie turned out to be poo poo after all...and you're not missing much.

e: when they played the proton dual pistols slow-mo scene...someone behind me actually clapped for that. I swear I'm not making this up.

Source: The cool, funny, and definitely sane OP the the Ghostbusters hate thread after five months of almost daily posts about how terrible the new Ghostbusters movie will be

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

oldpainless posted:

Saw Ghostbusters tonight. It was pretty good and lots of fun.

Welp bye

-furiously scribbles into clipboard while glaring gibbisly-

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

for years SA was so desperate to look 'better' than the rest of the internet by making sure its userbase had to conform to AP style guides when posting about making GBS threads their pants or whatever and now SA is on life support, left behind by the rest of the internet

ironic no?

And now we got rid of all that nonsense and the site is more active and beloved than ever before!

-a tumbleweed with "cuck" painted on the side rolls past in silence-

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Here's the thing about GBS, it doesn't wait for you to understand. It doesn't think you're special and it will wreck your poo poo if you come in thinking you are. GBS is where you go to kill your little case of Dunning-Kruger

Chances are if you get run out, it's because you're either trying to show everyone how smart, funny and/or original you are when you just simply aren't any of the above.

-sees that somebody else in another forum has said a mean thing about GBS- Oh what the gently caress

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'll have you know it's those damned stormtroopers crashing the sweet beach party

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Your Gay Uncle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71RJJ0umdjQ&index=6&list=WL

not sure if I did the time right but skip to 1:04:02 to see how dumb Misterbibs actually is.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Wedemeyer posted:

all you fuckos should read this thread. It's full of sad laughable poo poo.

GBS Falls For Reddit's Greatest Fakeposts: Vol. CVIII

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

-Troika- posted:

racism has always been bannable

qnqnx posted:

It's time to change that.

-Troika- posted:

if you wanna be a racist there are other forums you can post in, like stormfront

qnqnx posted:

If you don't want to see opinions you dislike, make like a bitch and use the ignore function. Or just skip the post like a grown up.

Ace of Baes posted:

Guy whining about not being able to scream friend of the family on the forums: I think you've got some growing up to do.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
CD is so dumb, those clowns should be doing more constructive things like making thousands of posts about hating Mt Everest and the Xbox One.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Agean90 posted:

how pathetic do you have to be to spend pages bitching about an internet subforum to the point where you've memorized people t specifically bitch about holy gently caress

People obsessively reading a subforum they hate and never post in just so they can helldump weakly in an extremely PYF voice at the slightest excuse is extremely ftw...

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Outrail posted:

I don't know where 'pupper' came from but the word makes me irrationally mad for some reason.

Don't be a party pupper.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Re: Formal complaint regarding the vitriolic transphobia in GBS

vols bitch posted:

as far as being a gbs scumbag I really don't see all the trans hate threads but I don't read every thread :shrug:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I got you bruh:

vols bitch posted:

go back to fyad with your fake girl gimmick human being

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:owned:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Heath posted:

"Hairbrained" makes more sense to me than harebrained.

Anybody who cares enough about arbitrary archaic slang to try and correct other people is worth riling up at every opportunity. I am literally chomping at the bit to decimate them.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Hasn't GBS gone away before though, only to return uglier than ever

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

Man gbs closing is a real bummer I'm going to miss such amazing threads such as:

Popular Movie actually sucks
Popular hobby actually sucks
Popular videogame actually sucks
Stalk the racist hotdog man
Stalk the mentally challenged programmer kid
Hate fat people
Hate women
Hate trans people
Hate China
Hate mountains
The 400 page thread about the huge religious family.

Thank god this is only temporary so I can resume posting with hate in my heart soon.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In mere hours GBS went from a place that made fun of safe spaces and bragged about being the place where you lose your little case of Dunning-Kruger to a place where people were outraged at losing their safe space and swearing that they were big, important people that the site couldn't afford to lose. You can't put a price on such degrees of delicious :irony:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

RandomFerret posted:

Years from now, when I am dead and there's like twelve people left still posting on this site, this will be there. They will see it and they will make up reasons for why it looks the way it does because none of them will remember Groverhaus. I'm guessing it'll be around 2018 or so.

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.

A future where goons have learned to let things go instead of running them into the ground years after all the humor has been wrung from them is a brighter future we can all look forward to.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tetracube posted:

it's already exactly the same :suicide:

At least we have memories of the good old days...

http://www.trilulilu.ro/video-cum-sa/excuthmeladypt2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdd74kLxgGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlEc7SztdQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAcZH8QnG84

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Some of that classic hard-edged take-no-prisoners humor that so many people on this site long to return to.

A guy who named himself after an MST3k character, in 2006 posted:

Have you ever noticed that the “Weird” in “Weird” Al is in quotations? That’s because he’s not weird. Following this convention, he could also be called “Funny” Al or “Profitable” Al Yankovic. But “Weird” Al is weird in the same sense that inserting hilarious uses of the words “cheese” and “monkey” into your dialogue would be. Spam! If you laughed at that, turn your computer off and leave this place. There is nothing for you here.

If “Weird” Al provides any service to this world, it’s that he shows us who is truly developmentally disabled. Do you know someone who still listens to “Weird” Al? Is this person over fourteen? If you answered “yes” to both of these questions, sever all ties, burn all evidence, and strategically use a claw hammer on different parts of your skull to eliminate all memories(you may want to read a book about this practice first). “Weird” Al’s parodies are supposed to be the gateway drug to real music, and the denial of Al’s music marks a passage into adulthood where one may say, “I would like to listen to this song, but I no longer want it to be about potatoes.” If real music is sex, then “Weird” Al is the clumsy unfinished preteen handjob, although “Weird” Al fans may not understand this analogy for obvious reasons. I know what you’re thinking, “But my really cool science teacher in middle school loved ‘Weird’ Al and he wore novelty ties and one day he melted a penny with chemicals!” Take a minute to think about this person. I don't know how long you've been away from home but I guarantee you his obituary read "single man slips while mopping studio apartment; eaten by housecats before he can make it to pre-paid cell phone."

If you think “Weird” Al has a place in the fast-paced music world of today, I have news for you: he’s been irrelevant since the invention of karaoke. And since karaoke was invented before he started performing(thanks Wikipedia), Al has always been irrelevant. The day a townie got high in his Camaro and changed Boston’s “More than a Feelin’” to “More than a Peelin’ (being about bananas or some such poo poo)” should have been the day Al vanished from existence, or dropped his musical aspirations to become something more fitting, like the office cut-up at a large packaging firm or the world’s most interesting compost heap.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Bertrand Hustle posted:

So did this weirdo go to China specifically to sexually harass Chinese women because :stonk:

The expats in the China mock threads seem to either complain about how the Chinese are subhuman bug creatures with the intelligence of a turnip or brag about how much sex they have with them. Often both at the same time. :irony:

Context: roughly 20 pages of arguing about how the guns in Westworld can kill robots without harming humans.

Craptacular posted:

FWIW simunitions aren't danger-free. Sure, if you get shot in the chest with one you won't die. But you'll get a big welt, and it wouldn't be fun. They don't just go "poof" in a cloud of smoke like what happened to Ed Harris in the first episode. They hurt more than paintballs IMO, and if you got shot in the eye with one or something you'd lose your eye.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

A tiny wizard lives in each bullet.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

sweeperbravo posted:

The groverhaus incident in condensed form could easily have been a King of the Hill episode.

An episode where Bill and Dale are still talking trash about a neighbor who left five seasons ago and whom everyone else has long since forgotten about, Khan puzzled and eventually angered as they keep telling him about the stairs and the outlets over and over and over.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Somfin posted:

Creeps are notoriously quick to vocally and aggressively police others' creepiness.

Thank you for lending us your expertise on being a creep.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Re: anonymous avatar buyers labeling people as "retards"

Wrist Watch posted:

I feel like on one hand there's a valid point to be made about this because it's an actual problem, but at the same time these are the same forums that produced a 9/11 tribute video set to yakety sax.

Death Bot posted:

That event, at 15 years old, is actually exactly old enough to still find it funny to call someone a retard on the internet.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

free basket of chips posted:

Remember that time a bunch of goons ate pet food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fIA7ivqId8

Remember that time when Everdraed used to still hang out here and make amazing content :sigh:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Wait what happened to everdraed :(

He got internet famous for working on one of the biggest and most popular indie games in all of Tumblr history right at the same time that GBS reached the absolute nadir of anything resembling humor or sincerity.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

my dad posted:

<Squashing Machine busts into quotes thread>

:argh: FEMINISTS!!!!! :argh:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SplitSoul posted:

Quote thread like that quote about the thermostat and true love, but instead of true love it's a deeply dysfunctional marriage that ends in murder-suicide and orphaned kids, and all the kids end up making the same mistakes as their dead parents.

I bet those dumb kids don't even have a Gifts Closet. Idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Not a good time to lose one's thread.