Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
hey im looking for a thread from like ~2011 - 2012 called something like "a very YOSPOS christmas" or similar. it was a bunch of poorly edited pictures with a poem, including the line or close to it "for little willy gates, not one zune but two!" and ended with richard stallman being too fat to exit the door of a burning building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Chuck Porous

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

obligatory Chuck Tingle

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

STOP POSTING
WINDOWS 98

jfc this is actually a proclick

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

quote:

Grettings! How do you do and Grettings., FROM turkiye!

I have put cums, many times, in sister and mother. Sex is perfected, logistically. nO problem boss! Got very good manual like IKEA style and, further also, private lessons with dear uncle in cattle shed between aeges 8-14. but now i want to buy my own woman for myself. it is time i am a man now.

HOWEVER! problem, my big problem! read the other forums And they say many things! cConfusing crazy storiess very much! gbs say i have to research the fembolism, which killed dear uncle. the mentally ill child pastime forum say i have to play as the weak girl in Mass Effect. ok, i will do that, i think. But cannot! I searched google wih the internet and prices my god! xbox is too expensive. i adulterate as much jew meat as possible with pork but, to pay for this, would need entire family of pigs. it cost even more than a wife! what i can do?

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Does anyone have that quote that's maybe a eulogy of I think Strom Thurmond?

I remember specifically one line that went something like "and America had to determine how much we should hate niggers ("A whole lot", Thurmond contends")" or something to that effect.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

drat dude that was quick, ty

I love this quote

edit: The next one I need to find is the one about Ted Cruz

edit2: found it:

quote:

I just want to remind everyone of something.

One of the most loathsome people to ever loving live on this planet, Ted Cruz, backstabbed and hosed over every person he came in contact with for the past four years, forced his party into a bunch of no-win scenarios that made them look stupid and clueless, and generally called out everyone in his entire party as a bunch of commiesymp Islamolibs who want to dress up as a gay-married woman and gently caress a child in a public bathroom. He did all of these things knowingly, burning every bridge he's ever crossed, mauling every hand that's ever fed him, all in service of one dream: He would become the Republican nominee in 2016 and win the Presidency and then the trail of blood and nightmares he left behind wouldn't matter because gently caress you I'm POTUS that's why.

He sacrificed everything to this goal, and he's going to lose to the political equivalent of the Fukushima meltdown. His strategy would (probably) have worked! It's pretty clear that the JEB! never stood a chance regardless of how much money he raised because he's a loving walking Ambien who conservatives thoroughly despise, Scott Walker couldn't even figure out how to hire someone who understood things like "a budget," Ben Carson looks like an attractive candidate up until he has to speak in anything other than meaningless fortune-cookie platitudes, etc. All that work, all that planning, all that treachery, all that time.

ALL FOR loving NOTHING AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

He's been reaching for this brass ring his entire life, leaning farther and farther out from his carousel horse. What would he lose first, his balance, or his nerve? But he never flinched, leaning out further and further with each turn of the carousel, and then just before, just before his fingertip brushed it a tiny orange hand came out of nowhere and took that bitch right away from him, right in front of him, and there was never anything he could do to stop it. Now all that's left is the fall.

There aren't words in any language to describe the joy it brings me to see such a heinous, hateful motherfucker destroyed in such a gut-wrenching, miserable way. Tonight was the beginning of Ted Cruz's descent to a talk radio host saying things like, "Well, when I was in the United States Senate, let me tell you..."

Ted is a mess. Ted is a waste.

Not sure who wrote it first but I remember he has a Sherman avatar

du -hast has a new favorite as of 10:11 on Jul 2, 2016

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Chichevache posted:

The word filter really makes that post.

drat I didn't even notice it. :agreed:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

om nom nom posted:

I don't know what made me think of this one but I'm glad I did, great to re read

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3281586&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3290020&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

The first link is for reference (guy builds absurd zip line for kids camp, asks goons how to unfuck it) and the second link (fyad responds)is the funniest thing I have ever read on something awful. I'd quote it but all 15 pages of the fyad thread are gold I promise it's worth the click

Does anyone have the pictures from the thread somewhere? I really really want to see them again, they made the whole thing gold.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

a kitten posted:

Ingwit is one of the funniest posters to ever be on this site, so that one at least is a joke.

He took the already funny Ultimate Hustler thread and shot it through the stratosphere.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2473759&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Without a doubt the best thread I have read on SA for years. Holy poo poo.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

you shouldn't quote stymie

:agreed:

ever ever

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Does anyone have the link to the Pusheen thread? I think it was about the same time but am somehow too dumb to find it.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

It's beautiful

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Does anyone have the quote about love? It's something involving a thermostat, and every day she puts a lamp under it and breaks it, and it ends with something like YOU REPLACE THE FUKING COIL BECAUSE THATS WHAT LOVE IS

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/371889649/the-shrimp-cloud

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Every time I see this I read it all the way through. It is a true treasure of the SA forums.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Does anyone have the "What if F-35s were used at Iwo Jima" or something similar?

It's something like:

day 1: 25 F-35s. Rain that night
day 2: 21 F-35s due to water in engine from rain

etc etc?

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Just wanted to step in here and mention that in high school we played a deaf team and got absolutely crushed (in football).

It's the strangest thing, they huddle, then go to the line - no noise, then suddenly move all at once. Like telepathy. It was the most confusing thing ever because you're waiting for a DOWN, SET, HUT and instead suddenly are getting crushed by a 300lb deaf dude with no warning or indication. It was one of the weirdest experiences I've ever had, to see them all move in perfect unison without any noise / touch, anything.

We lost like 40-15 or something, by far the worst loss we had.

Anyway thats my story tyvm for letting me share

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Breetai posted:

I just realised that the Granos joke thread was from 2007. :stare:

Link pls, I have never heard this tale.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

I am literally in tears from this.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Powaqoatse posted:

Cheesefarting goon:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3512850

Weirdly it turns out he was also militantly against eating meat?!

Oh man, I have heard tales of this thread but never read the whole thing. It's a pretty spicy troll imvho

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

I never clicked the selfie thread before, because to the best of my knowledge I didn't really stand to gain from looking at goons. Turns out that was a mistake. Even the very first page has me in stitches good job good lord

This is pretty cringy but I have to say, for some reason that Jastiger looks exactly like I pictured him.

That said I thought LAB was a dude who I somehow pictured as looking exactly like Tom from myspace

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Another great line from this thread was "So much for the tolerant left ventricle"

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Also in fitting with threadtitle, here's a post from "bump this thread every time you remember that mike pence hosed a horse":

redneck nazgul posted:

mike pence for president 2020: please clop

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

:dare:

Now you know this is a thing that exists.

:dare:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Does anyone have the original of this? I've always loved the Iraq war version. Who posted it initially, anyway?

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Toilet Shoes posted:

Quoting this for my inevitable ban and dismissal from this web forum. I fully intend this to be my last post.

You have no one to blame for this site, and all of its shortcomings or far reachings to blame, but yourself. You are both your own worst enemy and your greatest advocate there is.

And now with the lovely preamble out of the way.

You've posted your problems and your woes on this site. You've outlined what it is and how it is you've "suffered" for this site. You continually communicate how everything is horrible and yet, you've never once said. "Welp, I hosed up."

In the short time that I have been tasked with being an observer, I've seen numerous chances and opportunities for you to step in as a leader and make yourself some cash. In all accounts you have flat out screwed the god damned pooch.

I'm not going to make a list. That's what asshats who do not wish to see their environment be bettered do.

You're it Lowtax and I am now sure that you know that. You understand that you and you alone are in charge of this heap. You've chosen every path and turn that has lead you here.

You, and you alone, are to blame for everything and anything that comes of this site. "Good or "bad".

You are the only one that can control this motley bullshit and yet you choose not to.

There it is Rich. You are loving off your responsibility on others and yelling at them, and others, when poo poo that you decide not to get involved in doesn't go your way.

You got a wife and kids. Which means you know what responsibility is.

And at that point we can deduce that this whole bullshit is just for your entertainment. You get to choose who pays you ten bucks and who doesn't. You get to be king poo poo of this pointless hill and you revel in it.

but this isn't anything you haven't heard before, now is it?

Nah. Your rear end has already read multiple death threats to you and your entire family. And if you actually took any of them seriously you would have reacted to them, but you haven't.

Which yet again means that you reveal in this bullshit of a website you have created.

You love being king poo poo over people's Alexander Hamilton's. And I and the rest of us are no one to take it away, except by means of simply not giving you any way of enabling your continued spiral into obscurity, which you so wantonly desire.

Here is what I think most people would simply put before you.

Be the leader of Somethingawful.com or loving divest yourself of the bullshit and move the gently caress on with your life and take the cash payout, which we all are not naive enough to just dismiss. Motherfucker you have made a site that is still very loving relevant some 20 years later. There is still value here.

So what do people that hold valuable things that want money but not responsibility do? They take the cash value and let someone else deal with the headache.

But you Richard, you instead post about how it all is a burden and you wish to improve it and so on and so forth.

And yet here we are.

Stagnant.

What is your pride worth Richard?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

:qq: :qq: THERE IT IS RICH. :qq::qq:

mad about internet

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Paladinus posted:

Lol at all of it profoundly.

OH

MY

loving

GOD

This belongs in a museum.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

I think this belongs here:

Zipperelli. posted:

Schadenfreude for people in Texas who spent tons of money on hurricane prep: Harvey has been downgraded to Cat 1, and is expected to be downgraded again here soon.

:allears:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

I've been sitting here cackling like a retard at this. Jesus

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

DOes anyone happen to have a link to the thread where they guys keeps posting his workout routine? I think it was in the childraising (or abortion) thread or something where people are talking about having lost a child then this dude keeps spamming "I THINK THE FORUMS IS EATING MY POSTS, RECENTLY I'VE BEEN DOING 5 SETS OF ..."

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Phone posting, so it's hard to copy and paste it out of quote format without butchering it, but click this and it'll take you there.

Neal Stephenson on methamphetamine

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Does anyone have the Web Butt thread that has these two gems:

something like twisty/deg going to a pharmacy but they wont give him the many pills he needs

twisty/deg/someone gluing candycorn to their teeth and scaring a girl they have a crush on then the teach comes out and starts stomping him with his oxfords

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

scott mueller’s upgrading and repairing PCs had a little story about how the computers at the Mauna Kea observatory needed special hermetically sealed drives because commodity drives didn’t work at high altitude

indigi posted:

hmm, it'd be nice if Mueller could upgrade and repair our government

flakeloaf posted:

this also involves raising a piece of shiny metal to an extreme height, then lowering it again

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Speaking of bad names like Titan, I know a woman with a kid named Teancum (pronounced Teen cum). Last name? Young.

Teancum Young. She's thinking of getting married to the father too, which would make the kid's name Teancum Young-Neibors

Yes.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

trapped mouse posted:

She wouldn't happen to be American would she?

He sure would be, yes. Note sure if I wanna dox him further since he's like 8 months old. But yep, you probably found him.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Dumb Lowtax posted:

More than 2 kids got brain damage I think

NICE!

e: also is the BBcode on the forums randomly loving up for anyone else? I keep seeing bb tags that should work fine (bold, etc) but are displayed in plain text

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Does anyone have the post that was about changing the thermostat.

It's a long rant about how the guys wife keeps putting a lamp under the thermostat, and they have a long argument about it, and it ends with "and I would have that argument a thousand more times rather than lose her" or similar

edit: nevermind, here it is agian:

quote:

gently caress all the pop song puppy love bullshit. Your heart skipping a beat isn't love, it's cardiac arrhythmia. It's not about shortness of breath, either, or how turned on you get or whether you tell yourself you'd throw yourself in front of a bus for her or whatever. You can convince yourself of a lot about how you feel and what you would do in exchange for regular oral sex.
Love is when she drives you insane sometimes. And I don't mean merely "aggravating" or "annoying," I mean flat-out loving in. Sane. And in a way nobody else can do it in a million years. She'll drive you to the point where you'd gouge out your own eyeball with a melon baller or smack your scrotum a half-dozen times with a ball peen hammer if it means you can be done with this conversation. She'll make you want to chew your own arm off to get out of talking about this. And I don't care how many loving times you've had this conversation, each time, you know you'll have it again:

Her: I thought you turned the heat on.
You: I did.
Her: Well, I'm still cold. Are you sure you did it right?
You: Yes, I'm pretty sure I know how to turn on a thermostat.
Her: 'Cause you know you have to flip the switch to "heat" and....
You: Honey! I know! How to turn on! A thermostat! I went to college for it and everything.
Her: Well, I don't feel any heat blowing in here.
You: I know. I think you broke the thermostat again.
Her: I didn't break it.
You: Yes, you did, you put that halogen lamp right next to it again.
Her: That doesn't do anything.
You: Yes, it does.
Her: I thought you fixed it?
You: I did fix it, and you broke it again.
Her: Are you sure you fixed it right?
You: Yes, goddammit, I fixed it right.
Her: How do you know you fixed it?
You: 'Cause it worked when I fixed it!
Her: Well, it's not working now.
You: 'Cause you broke it again!
Her: How'd I break it?
You: You put the goddamn, loving lamp next to it!
Her: I don't see why a lamp would break a thermostat.
You: OK. I'm going to explain this. One more time. Slowly. Thermostats have a coil inside them that expands and contracts based on the temperature. This is how they know when it is hotter than the setting of the A/C, so it can cool the room off, or colder than the setting of the heating, so it can heat the room up. Halogen lamps generate heat. Halogen lamps generate a lot of heat. That's why you burn your fingers when you touch the bulbs after they've been on for a while. So when you put a halogen lamp next to a thermostat, it causes the coil to keep expanding and expanding and expanding past the point it's intended to expand. This makes the thermostat think it's really, really hot all the time, and it makes the coil less sensitive in the future, and it'll eventually break the coil so I'll have to replace the thermostat.
Her: That doesn't sound right.
You: Trust me. It's right.
Her: How do you know?
You: BECAUSE I TOOK SIXTH GRADE loving PHYSICS, OK?!
Her: Well, I don't think they should make thermostats that can be broken by something little like a lamp.
You: Fine. Don't think that. Write a letter to the manufacturers. Write a letter to universities and tell them to build a better thermostat. I don't loving care. But that's how they make them. That's why I keep moving the lamp, that's why I keep telling you not to put it back to the right of the bookcase, that's why I've had to fix the thermostat four loving times now. Stop! Putting! The lamp! Right! Next! To the thermostat!
Her: But on the other side of the bookcase, the front of the hallway is dark, and I can't see inside my gift closet.
You: Well, you can turn on the hall light to go through your gift closet, or you can sit here and be cold! Your choice, honey!
Her:
You:
Her:
You:
Her: I don't think you fixed the thermostat right.
You: GOD-MOTHERFUCKING-DAMMIT, I'M GOING TO FIX THAT MOTHERFUCKING THERMOSTAT TOMORROW, AND I SWEAR TO MOTHERFUCKING CHRIST IF YOU PUT THE LAMP NEAR THE THERMOSTAT AGAIN, I WILL SMASH IT TO A MILLION loving PIECES AND SHOVE THEM DOWN YOUR GODDAMN THROAT!!! MOTHERFUCK ME, JESUS!!!!!!

And if the seventh time you have that conversation, knowing full well there will be an eighth time, you'd still rather have that conversation again than imagine a world she's not in, you're in love.
Especially if you do fix that thermostat... again... the next day, and not just so she'll shut up about it, but because you really don't want her to be cold anymore.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

I absolutely hate these poo poo Simpson's memes that have taken over but this is extraordinarily well done (steamed, if you will) and is for 1000% sure a pro click. I watch this poo poo every time I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Also I got a chuckle outta this:

Lobok posted:

Bet her parents are proud she's college bound.