Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, and for some reasons goons are pro-nuclear energy, like wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I don't get it, the spiral doesn't really line up with anything?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

PBS Newshour posted:

The "spiral" is the golden ratio.

It still doesn't line up with anything, particularly when they overlaid it over the whole picture...

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

What are you, some kind of faminist?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Sleeveless posted:

Here's the mundane actual explanation of where hotdog/potted meat/etc. meat comes from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My8A-4_4634

Pretty debonair

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Atheists are not funny.

I mean it's funny when they die, but other than that they're not funny.

Wait, aren't you an atheist?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

edit: this isn't the thread I wanted to post this in, and I don't know how that happened. But I'm leaving it here!

wayfinder has a new favorite as of 06:42 on May 11, 2016

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Cumslut1895 posted:

pff that's just a weave

Stop wigging out or there'll be hell toupee

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Is this that famed car poo lane I keep hearing about

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Uh.... Elvis absolutely existed, my dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qka6JrKUM5U

Do we really have to post footage of Ragnar Loðbrók from the History Channel to refute your ridiculous "proof"?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Who called it Home Depot and not Grovery Store?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

sebmojo posted:

it's like a dick, and balls

Let's just say the base is flared

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I'm struggling to understand what his body size had to do with it :confused:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

funmanguy posted:

Horse puns are always funny

They get the paardy started

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

And that's why they call it ballistics

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

du -hast posted:

Does anyone have the post that was about changing the thermostat.

It's a long rant about how the guys wife keeps putting a lamp under the thermostat, and they have a long argument about it, and it ends with "and I would have that argument a thousand more times rather than lose her" or similar

edit: nevermind, here it is agian:

Does anyone know why it's a lot more common to write Her instead of the (I would assume) correct "She"? Is it one of those things that have been used wrong so often that they're now the new correct? Like saying "for you and I" or "I didn't used to"?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Pirate Radar posted:

As in “I would have the argument a thousand more times rather than lose she”? or what, I don’t know what you mean

That's okay

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Flipperwaldt posted:

It's a disjunctive pronoun, just like it would be in French in that same context. If English had a stressed form for "you", that would be used as well. Similar to how you'd never use "I" and "he" in the following:
me: blah blah
him: bleh bleh

With the note that in French specifically "elle" remains "elle" when stressed because the stressed form is the same, in the same way how in English the stressed form of "you" is "you".

Nice, TIL. Thanks!

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I need a Chrome extension that changes "easily" to "in my extremely contested opinion" but it would be cool if it changed it for everyone, permanently

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Inescapable Duck posted:

Well obviously you have to drop your knife in the river, then be honest with the river spirit about which knife is yours, to receive a gold and silver knife in return.

OH, this says "return" and not "rectum"

Carry on then

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Transliteration-Exclusionary Radical Funny

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Sometimes it's both!

I've seen posters in the ED forums complaining about some infinitely spergy detail of a plane under development while simultaneously claiming it's good that ED keeps blowing deadlines over and over again because it means that they're getting it right -- and they would rather have no plane at all than one that's simulated wrong!

Ah yeah, I remember, off the shoulder of Orion that one

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Well it's not called a track bed for nothing

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
...and the heavens parted

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
No ringworld

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

VanSandman posted:

God I just tried to go over the list of things goons will start a civil war over and it’s just such a long list.

Watch me derail any thread by declaring I have a no-onions policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

chernobyl kinsman posted:

my mom & stepdad's house has some grover-level electrical weirdness. it has a lot - like a lot - of outlets, many of which are in weird places. my parents joked that the house had been built by an amateur electrician who was practicing his trade.

one day, one of the outlets in an upstairs bathroom stopped working. my stepdad went crazy trying to figure out why - checking the wiring, the fuses, everything. eventually he admitted defeat and called in a professional electrician.

it took the guy hours to figure out what was wrong. eventually he emerged from the garage, visibly disturbed and slightly disheveled. he had fixed it.

it turned out that the light in the garage door opener had burned out. my stepdad had removed the burnt-out bulb, but hadn't yet put in a new one. for some absolutely inscrutable reason, this caused the upstairs outlet to stop working. the upstairs outlet only works if there is a working lightbulb in the garage door opener. no one understands why.

What's terrifying to me is that in all probability, a bunch of the world's biggest computer-based services are the same way. Just a big pile of spaghetti and when you change the wording on a checkout page in Brazil, suddenly the payment system in Denmark is in Hebrew, etc.