Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I have no idea what any of that means and that's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

many johnnys posted:

there's a comic where superman saves a suicidal teen, assuring her that her therapist really was busy and not just blowing her off. he tells her to stay strong and gives her a hug.

doomsday is a big grey invincible troll thing, who destroys cities or some poo poo in the new batman superman movie. super mecha godzilla put doomsdays head on the teenager.

I don't get the rest.

Thank you. It makes at least some sense now.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I don't understand what's so hard to get about Superman and Doomsday having a tender heart-to-heart in lieu of fighting, and also Doomsday being a single face badly Photoshopped onto a skinny, ratty kid.

God, you people are humorless.

1) I wasn't sure what its head was photoshopped over - like, I couldn't really tell what was going on in the comic there and 2) I know absolutely nothing about Doomsday (I only realized that was Doomsday's head through context), so I don't know how ridiculous it would be to try to talk to him because I don't know how bad of a guy he is.

Not having an understanding of the context doesn't make me humorless, jerk.

HoAssHo has a new favorite as of 01:00 on Apr 23, 2016

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Also, I was distracted by the orange things coming out of his head. Does Doomsday shoot orange poo poo out of his head? Is that part of the joke somehow? How would I know?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I've never read a superhero comic in my life. The image is funny whether you know exactly what's going on in it or not.

Or it's just a matter of taste, dude. Someone not having the same exact sense of humor as you doesn't mean they're humorless. Unless they think, I don't know, Two and Half Men is genius or something.

See, this I do like.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Yeah, you're not wrong, my man.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

jaysus

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Apparently the poster is Dare and he is a Canadian Jon Pop.

He's crazier than Jon Pop though in that he appears to be straight up schizophrenic while Jon Pop is just a terrible loving person.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I was thinking the same thing. Scanned for Caligula, didn't see it, thought what the gently caress.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

sweeperbravo posted:

She got bannaed and as far as I am aware never returned, that was the end of the gimmick/show. Something made me think of her today. I hadn't in a while. I really thought I was going to have an automatic association with Star Wars and her whole show but I really forgot about her for the past few months. The whole situation was just really bizarre, even if it was faked it was a really dedicated long con.

I think I caught sight of the calendar and seemed to remember the whole thing started sometime last July, or maybe that's when it was starting to pick up steam.

She came back for a while after her initial ban to tell us that she had gestational diabetes lmao

edit: oh and to the shock of no one, the baby was premature or there was something wrong with it, I don't remember exactly.

HoAssHo has a new favorite as of 02:53 on Jul 4, 2016

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

pentyne posted:

The baby was hosed because of the gestational diabetes. One of the early posts in the thread even pointed out "As you describe, you are at a tremendous risk for gestational diabetes, and that will cause problems that your child will suffer from for their entire life" and that poster quoted themselves months later with a massive "I loving told you you disgusting waste of humanity"

The Bluestory response was "Quit being mean to me and offer some actual help. If you won't help me turn back the clock on 9 months of horrible mistakes then you're being mean should leave this thread"

4 months later

Yeah, it was infuriating because I think more than one person mentioned the risk of gestational diabetes and lots of people talked about other possible consequences of eating like poo poo during pregnancy, but she just outright refused to make more than the absolute minorest of changes to her diet. "I told you so" doesn't even begin to cover it.

One of my favorite parts of that thread related to that was when she was told you're not supposed to eat cold cuts or deli meat during pregnancy and she kept arguing with people about it and saying she'd talk to her doctor about it at her next appointment in a month (in the meantime eating cold deli meat every single day) and had to be shown multiple sources outlining the risk before she begrudgingly agreed to at least heat up her cold cuts in the microwave before eating them if she remembered to. She also had a hard time remembering what counts as cold cuts and had to be shown lists of things considered cold cuts several times until she got it. "Cold cuts just means meat that it cold" was too hard for her to understand or remember.

Oh, and the lunch "experiment" where she thought she was a genius for buying an expensive "froofy" sandwich and then taking it to a salad bar and adding more vegetables to the sandwich. It took her like 2 weeks of consideration and planning before she started to implement it.

God, that thread was amazing. The food stuff is the just the tip of the iceberg. I think that might have been the most mad and frustrated I've seen an entire thread get at an OP.

HoAssHo has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Jul 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

At least parts of it were true because she PM'd Detective Monkey photos that verified some things and posted photos in the thread of some lovely expensive art they bought complete with receipts and photos of the Kids in the Hall t-shirts she bought (which she HAD to have because she had been to a show once years ago and didn't have enough money to buy one of everything at the merch table and she was positively TRAUMATIZED by this lol) and pics of the Hamburger Helper she made which she was all proud of because it was such a major ordeal for her to cook anything whatsoever.

I actually think most of it was true because some of it was too bizarre and highly specific and the fake stuff was just her playing certain things up because it made people mad. Like, when she said she wanted to have a kid because she felt she shouldn't deprive the world of the combination of her and her husband's amazing genetics, I believe she meant that, but because people lost their poo poo over it, she kept making jokes about it to annoy people or whatever.

None of it was really that hard for me to believe because I've known enough people who are just as infuriating and resistant to change as her in real life.

HoAssHo has a new favorite as of 22:27 on Jul 4, 2016