Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Star Man posted:

If you want to watch people snap over a video game, go to a Diablo II community like the Amazon Basin and mention Enigma.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Or better yet, ask THIS thread about Ligma

Rinkles posted:

Okay. I'm asking this thread about ligma.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

ligma BALLS bitch, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Who has the one about the guy who is so good at his job he made a fude hold in his farts during a meeting?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Young woman, the subject
Of Granos fantasy
He wants her, so badly
But she calls the police

Oh look, it's Granos
You know what you must do now
Just call the police.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Screaming Idiot posted:

I didn't know D&D's basement was ADTRW

That is every Goon basement

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

sebmojo posted:

That's all we are going to do from now on, the time loop is sealed

All according to keikaku*

*keikaku means plan

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Kind of like how everybody knows what sounding is but absolutely refuse to speak of the immense pleasures of jamming a chopstick up your peehole

That's because they are using the tips of an air pump

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It may or may not have given dick farts but it sure did give sepsis.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It's actually star trek that has a high correlation with the kiddie diddlers.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Sure, not all trekkies are kiddie diddlers, but a disconcerting number of kiddie diddlers are trekkies.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
What about a Guy rant on pedo trekkies?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Don't be so bird brained.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
They would have to stop having sex long enough to notice it first.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Threadon: Apply directly to your forehead!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

barbecue at the folks posted:

This gets me every time. It wouldn't be Quality Cinema but I would still watch the gently caress out of it like I was 16, lol

It reads as Harold and Kunar go to the Vatican and I for sure would have watched it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Also someone post the original horses are dumb post.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Paris Syndrome hits Japanese tourists so hard their embassy staffs a 24/7 suicide hotline.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
We keep putting pork in that dead horse like we trying to join a secret society.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Everyone should just click through to the thread and check out all of the dunks, because there are too many to post here.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

darkwasthenight posted:

Don't touch the code. It's held together with spit and glue as it is.

We are well past the spit and glue stage. We wish we could still be there.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
You think if the government agrees to pay for his spine he'll turn on goons? Because he should have a pitch ready when the secret service come visit.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Pimblor posted:

Uhhhh no one probably gives a poo poo about this discussion, but setting that aside and just filtering out stuff that is served from somethingawful.com I get 1.74mb transferred on the post reply page.

code:
Pinging fi.somethingawful.com [104.22.15.159] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 104.22.15.159: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=58

Pinging forums.somethingawful.com [104.22.15.159] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 104.22.15.159: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=58
Maybe they're using some sort of content aware loadbalancer that calls out to a CDN behind the scenes? Idk but on the surface of it, it sure looks like not. Point being most of that is images, which you could have checked yourself by hitting Uhhhhh F12.

Makes me wonder how much disk SA burns for user direct uploaded media.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Grover funko is a cube of electrical sockets.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

It's never the thread/forum you think it will be, but you are also never surprised when you find out.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
After the revolution in Labia, Chad swooped in to assert control so they could claim extraction rights. The U.N. protested.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Sounds like a case of labia envy.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
While you were out partying, he studied the blade.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

Its the loving Grinch Who Stole Christmas you uncultured swines

His dick grew three times its normal size that day?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
They show you how to do drugs safely not by showing you the right way, but by showing you all the wrong ways.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That is a pretty drat common saying in the south and has been for a long time.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Skratchez posted:

I've heard it said that when a southerner says "bless her/his/your heart" it kind of means "gently caress you"

I heard Lokeesha got a job at the cell phone store down John's Creek. Lot better than what she was doing, bless her heart.

It changes meaning based on context. It can mean everything from you're dumb, you're a dumb gently caress, general pity, a way to empathize, etc..

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have only ever used it in a nice way and I feel like that passive-aggressive reading is a relatively recent development that everyone just assumes is true because they like the idea of it being true, and so in a way it became true. Anyway, content:

Nah it has always had multiple meanings both positive and negative. It wasn't right for polite society women to be vulgar and all, so the doublespeak insults became a thing. If it only was negative then you'd never be able to get away back handing it to someone in public.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Cotton-picken was right there. Way to blow it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It is only as racist as the speaker. There were plenty of not black people cotton farmers who used that phrase and I've had liberal as hell blue haired old white women use literally that phrase with me and around me.

And just to cut this off at the head, a poo poo ton of stuff from the south is racist as hell, or not, depending on who is the one saying it. Like, a whole bunch of Southern culture is wrapped up in the inescapable racist foundations of the region, even if some of it has transcended in part or in whole from that past.

Hell for all I know that pea-picking variant may have been some old woman's conscious decision to move past some racism she saw. Living in the south and using the sayings is basically playing hot potato racism anyways.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

this is never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever the case. Ever. there is always a component of social conditioning and heirarchy at play. for example, a king and a queen on a swing set. what are you doing at the playground your eminences surely you are needed at court. the Danes have us surrounded.

We don't need to derail further, but since you chose to respond, a context: my not racist eighth grade science teacher who grew up on a cotton farm, helping her parents pick cotton her whole formative life. She says, now wait a cotton-picken minute.

Since I am not going to choose to die on the hill of, "well ackshully its not racist when..." in a discussion on the internet, I'll leave it at race and power dynamics are a nuanced subject and the history of racism and reconciliation in the South as it applies to language goes a lot deeper than some black and white (pun only kind of intended) reading of any phrase.

P.S. kill whitey, they probably deserve it.

Edit: everything above excludes language and phrases and sterotypes that are born off of specifically singling out groups and/or plays off of existisng racist tropes and/or riff off of clearly established already racist phrases.

Dameius has a new favorite as of 12:37 on Jun 27, 2019

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Participation trophies undermined the value of winning and made America weak. Prove me wrong.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah, we should take down Confederate monuments.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Texas has the town of White Settlement that is literally everything you can imagine it is, so FAU could tell me there is a place in Idaho that is anything and I'd buy it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Clitch posted:

"Those 3 Panels from Preacher", Texas wouldn't fit on the water tower.

I'm guessing it got featured in a comic? Its just the crazy racist town's crazy racist town here in Texas.

Edit: and that is coming from the state that has Vidor.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Is this the part where we do a multi-page Large Farva derail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Super Troopers 2 couldn't possibly live up to the greatness of 1 so don't go in expecting that. If you go in expecting a mediocre movie but featuring the same beloved characters, you're fine.

Agreed. The first one was lightning in a bottle and they were never going to match or top it. I had no idea expectations for the second and walked away pleased with it.