Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

So by their math, Robert Z'dar was the world's greatest warrior

You know, it checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

BlindSite posted:

Aw man I don't get the snake in the grass pic :(

Conor McGregor has spent about 15 minutes of every TUF episode calling Faber a bitch for not recognizing that TJ is a snake in the grass and will one day leave Team Alpha Male because he has no loyalty.

This is real funny because he was doing this after he demolished Mendes and then TJ left Faber like very soon after filming completed.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/660974336291921920

Jon Jones admits he has been living like an idiot, doesn't want to admit he is an actual idiot.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

TheRationalRedditor posted:

True Revival Touch

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

In the latest installment of Bad Fighters Making Worse Life Decisions: Angela Magana is in the hospital because she refused to tap to a twister in training.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bluedeanie posted:

In the latest installment of Bad Fighters Making Worse Life Decisions: Angela Magana is in the hospital because she refused to tap to a twister in training.

was she one of the ones that was part of UFC's "marketable women" division?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

coconono posted:

was she one of the ones that was part of UFC's "marketable women" division?

Right up until they gave her a twitter account, yes.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
She was the one who yelled at people about using the ice baths when you didnt train and looked like absolute garbage against anyone who wasn't low tier on the show.

Where's that korean ham lady who almost beat jojo?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
She also pissed herself vs Michelle Waterson.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Where's that korean ham lady who almost beat jojo?

She's fighting on the Korea card along with every other Korean sans Zombie.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

She should seriously thank her lucky stars she is not in Rousey's division, assuming she is intelligent enough to realize the inevitable outcome there.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

"I'd rather change my career due to a crippling injury than admit someone caught me in a submission during training." - an idiot

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress sake. It's one of the first lessons you learn when training. What's wrong with her (horrible life & idiocy).

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Hunt is doing a proper training camp at AKA Thailand

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

ICHIBAHN posted:

gently caress sake. It's one of the first lessons you learn when training. What's wrong with her (horrible life & idiocy).

Reminder: Magana is the lady who lived in Thailand and managed to not absorb a single lesson about striking.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hunt is doing a proper training camp at AKA Thailand

How proper is proper? He trained there a bit for his last fight too. He's not looking too fat in pics right now though which is good.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

attackmole posted:

He trained there a bit for his last fight too.

well then, high spirits destroyed. carry on, all.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's good to have hope

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Angela is YOLO personified

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

It's good to have hope

Nah.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
take a look at these cool shirts. it's no reebok, sure, but the designs are pretty sweet http://www.ufcstore.com/search/UFC%20Discipline

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I've never trained submission grappling ever, but isn't a twister just a "pain" position and it's hard to really gently caress something up? Obviously, if you're in pain your body is saying "get the gently caress out of this situation," but I remember people lol'ing at Garcia getting tapped with it because of the clock/him not being in real "danger."

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[in rorion gracie voice] When my fada begin teaching jiu-jitsu over 80 years ago now, not even he realise he not only create a way for levitating gay men to jack off people who try to do the Walk LIke An Egyptian thing, he was creating a way of life

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

I've never trained submission grappling ever, but isn't a twister just a "pain" position and it's hard to really gently caress something up?

Absolutely not, it's a spine crank.

quote:

Obviously, if you're in pain your body is saying "get the gently caress out of this situation," but I remember people lol'ing at Garcia getting tapped with it because of the clock/him not being in real "danger."

Those people are morons.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
serious question, are any of the subs people say are just "pain" positions actually really just pain positions because bas rutten kept saying it about the achilles lock and not only is that not true but he can't walk

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
:thurman:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

I don't know what the peanut butter means.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
"Pain" subs are things like a can opener that in theory could hurt someone but can be easily escaped (to a worse position though). I think. Nobody's doing like headlock tap outs.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

serious question, are any of the subs people say are just "pain" positions actually really just pain positions because bas rutten kept saying it about the achilles lock and not only is that not true but he can't walk

I'm not gonna say there aren't /any/ "pain positions" because I'm sure somewhere some Japanese Jiujitsu guy is teaching newbies a chop-down choke that operates on confused beginners tapping out from discomfort, but in general if a submission has a name it will genuinely gently caress you up if it's taken too far/too long. Some can be taken much further than people often do in training, and some are more difficult to get right than others, but they're all gonna snap something or put somebody out.

The most common things I hear the "it's just a pain move" stuff about are straight footlocks and bicep slicers and both of those will absolutely gently caress you right up if the person applying it actually knows what they're doing.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Verbal tap out (pink belly), dqed for small joint manipulation (nipple cripple), tko 4:31 of r2 (corner man sat on hands and knees behind fighter, opponent pushed him backwards)

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

I've never trained submission grappling ever, but isn't a twister just a "pain" position and it's hard to really gently caress something up? Obviously, if you're in pain your body is saying "get the gently caress out of this situation," but I remember people lol'ing at Garcia getting tapped with it because of the clock/him not being in real "danger."

The 'pain' is from a shearing/twisting force on your spine, and the 'lol just endure it' tough guy attitude is contradicted by Magana being in traction in the hospital from not tapping to said minor pain.

idiot on twitter posted:

@angelamagana I admire anyone who doesn't tap out to a twister! People should never tap out to it, it's a pain inducer not a real lock!

Sprecherscrow posted:

I don't know what the peanut butter means.

During the Bang/Faber fallout, Faber said that when he first started at TAM Ludwig would sell peanut butter packets for 75 cents to make money.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 2, 2015

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

If you don't tap to a choke in practice or an actual bout so you can prove a point about how tough and badass you are, I think that's pretty dumb but unless they're holding it too long or doing it repeatedly in a short amount of time you're probably not going to really hurt anything or inhibit your career in any way. If you refuse to tap to any sort of lock you are an absolute moron, and that elevates to an SSJ3 super Kamehameha fuckwit if you refuse to tap to a submission that targets your loving neck and spine because Jesus Christ.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

take a look at these cool shirts. it's no reebok, sure, but the designs are pretty sweet http://www.ufcstore.com/search/UFC%20Discipline

UFC Xiao Xiao reboot

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
I think my favorite thing about those shirts is that the abstract man on the left is the exact same model in the exact same pose, just mirrored and rotated like thirty degrees in the Judo one.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Bluedeanie posted:

Magana is an idiot. And who the gently caress is the other person to crank down on a twister in training camp?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Those shirts are horrendous

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like this one lot but the design should be maybe an inch lower and it needs a stitched collar and cuffed hem.

e: If it's a jumper, not a longsleeve

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

Those shirts are horrendous

Counterpoint: they may well be the least offensive mma shirts of all time.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

The portrait ones were cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Bluedeanie posted:

It's hard for me to square the fact that this is close to true, but at the same time reebok appears to be outsourcing these to some sort of experimental sports apparel design artificial intelligence.

• Locked thread