Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I've got an extra ticket for UFC 194 for $300 (which is what it cost me) if anyone is interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Yes, let's speculate on why some fighters are popular and others aren't while completely ignoring their actual fights. Nobody would give a poo poo about Ronda either if she was getting taken to tepid decisions by Rin Nakai.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that Bader has the chin needed to survive a shot from Rumble, and Rumble seems to catch everyone he fights at least once.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

vainman posted:

I'd think it was obvious, but he regularly rehydrates up to 175 before the fight starts

https://instagram.com/p/qfw7cGuffw/?modal=true

So do other dudes who aren't missing their guts.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

-Atom- posted:

oh well that settles it then

Well, he stopped taking TRT and did not die, despite his doctor claiming that he would die without TRT, so we can probably file this one under solved.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

hasn't aldo gassed a few times before?

The only fight he really gassed in was the last round against Hominick. He slows down, but most guys do after fighting three rounds. Conor has never fought more than three, and he's only gone past two rounds once, so who knows what his cardio will look like late in the fight, if it gets that far.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Dangersim posted:

Oh and Floyd Mayweather would beat the gently caress out of Ronda Rousey

I mean, I know people on the internet say stupid poo poo, but was this ever really a question?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

david carmichael posted:

I can't comment on her camp for the most part but Edmund basically ruined darchiniyan,

I didn't realize he also trained Darchiniyan, that puts the Ronda fight into perspective.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The Holm that showed up last night would kick the poo poo out of Cyborg.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Jst0rm posted:

The record pays more then that when you transition to big budget film work.

The big budget film work would not last very long once it becomes apparent that she can't act and no one cares about her when she's not actively destroying overmatched women in between movies.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Jst0rm posted:

she can learn to act well enough. Look at Schwarzenegger and any random group of guys making the transition from sports star to movie star. Nothing is certain in life but she had a great platform to jump off of. Im just saying the potential payout for being a movie star with back end point deals is beyond these ppv amounts.

"Female action star" isn't really a type the way it is for men. They are mostly just actresses who sometimes do action movies.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Vitamin Boss posted:

You implied that the "cause" of Ronda losing was that she fought dumb, when we have established that fighting in that way is what earned her all of her previous wins. So the cause was that Holm fought a good fight rather than that Ronda fought a bad one (which, yes, she did).

It's a fight between two people so the cause of the result is probably due to a combination of things that both of those people do.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Vitamin Boss posted:

Fair enough, but the x factor here was not Ronda fighting dumb.

Why does there need to be an X factor? Why can't it be a combination of poor planning and performance on Rousey's part and excellent planning and performance on Holm's part? Both things contributed to the result, but I don't know how you could possibly begin assigning mathematical values to them.

Rousey could certainly improve on her performance and Holm could certainly still beat her if she did, but Rousey's game plan and general preparation seem pretty germane to the result.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Vitamin Boss posted:

There is an x factor because something was different in this fight compared to her other fights and it wasn't what Ronda did. That's what the term means.

The X factor was that Holm was a better fighter than any of Rousey's previous opponents, I guess. Not sure how that is a useful metric for fight analysis though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

It makes me really sad that I'll probably never see GSP vs this version of Lawler, even if I know in my heart that GSP would win.

• Locked thread