Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Crap for Rabb?
Draggin for Dragan?
Out games for Ingram?
I'm very bad at this

(Buried for Murray)

Win Ten For Ben

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Spurs are gonna draft a Dynasty Warriors character from the Wu empire

Lu Xun seems like he could be a good replacement for Parker in a couple years, I hear he's got great tools and leadership potential.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How high is Denzel Valentine going to go because of Draymond Green

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

On the other hand 35-40 is almost a sure thing for the D-league which is a better place to work on your game than college in most cases.

Also you get paid.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

They would have to dump Rubio for literally any point guard that can shoot

Nah

Metapod posted:

Or just let Rubio do his magic and run an offense that involves a lot of cuts to the basket

Yah :haw:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ty1990 posted:

rising young star, Michael Carter Williams

lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Geoff Peterson posted:

Unless the Gendo manages to pull some The 6th Man poo poo and get another lottery win for the Timberwolves (or someone falls unexpectedly), Ellenson won't get past them. Word is they're substantially higher on him that they are on Buddy Hield. Which is... something.

It's not just the Wolves, and a lot of it has to do with their ages

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Geoff Peterson posted:

I've got concerns about Ellenson's defense and I don't trust Taylor enough to choose the right coaching staff to help him make the significant strides he'd need to on both sides of the ball.

Say what you will about his in-game coaching (it's bad), but Sam Mitchell and the rest of the staff have done absolute wonders this year developing all the young guys. We could do a whole hell of a lot worse than just keeping the entire staff together and just adding a new head coach (moving Mitchell back to assistant).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I would be much more accepting of reaching for Baby 'Bonis than drafting Ellenson.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ButtWolf posted:

Is Dieng the 4 of the future for Minny? If not you gotta try Ellenson or luck out and maybe Bender.

I don't think Dieng is a 4, when he was on the floor with KAT I think KAT was doing most of the PF work.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tatankatonk posted:

So what are the odds the Lakers lose their pick

44.2%

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NickRoweFillea posted:

AND THAT SPELLS DISASTER FOR YOU AT SACRIFICE

Nick you are the best

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doltos posted:

If you catch the ball on the high arc and Kobe is double covered in the low post do you:

A. Pass the ball to Kobe
B. Feed the ball to Kobe
C. Give the ball to Kobe

D. I give the ball to the ref because I'm a rookie so coach Scott has me on the bench

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Looking forward to the Wolves moving up for the first time in franchise history :)

Am I crazy for wanting Murray if they end up third (assuming Simmons and Ingram go 1/2). I like him more than Hield and also feel like he could fit in with either Rubio (playing the 2) or LaVine (playing the 1) to give a sort of three-headed monster at guard.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MourningView posted:

No I think he's the clear 3rd best prospect and they badly need shooting. I don't think you want him playing much at point though

OTOH he cannot be worse at point than Zach LaVine

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

straight up brolic posted:

meh, if you look at his college career, he's at 40% and he shot 37% off the dribble last season, which would make him an elite off the dribble NBA shooter from long-2 range. Player he actually reminds me most of is Lillard in terms of shooting. Really agile and deceptive. Quick release. Can get crowded out by bigger players. I think he should adjust pretty quickly, especially on a team like the Bucks that can put him against opposing PGs.

His senior numbers are so out of line from his career averages in college, I just feel like he's going to crash back to Earth hard. Like, his senior numbers raised his averages so high that his senior season is the only one that's above them for most ratio stats.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

straight up brolic posted:

no one shoots ~40% off the dribble from three and makes 45% of ten attempts per game accidentally.

So you're saying he missed 60%/55% of those shots on purpose then? :iamafag:

e: I don't have an actual argument other than "I'm looking at the numbers and this is how I feel about them" and it would be pointless for me to continue down the thread. I do agree that Hield has the higher floor, but Murray's numbers as a freshman were better than any of Hield's seasons bar this one, which is why I think he's the better prospect.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 16, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Celtics should probably trade pick #3 or take Buddy, to be honest. I have no idea what the sixers are going to do because regardless of who they draft their best 3 players are going to be Centers or Power Forwards, with 2 more possibly coming onto the team. They really have to trade Okafor or Noel. Probably Noel.

Doesn't Ingram project as more of a 3?

Aniki posted:

I'm not sure who I want the Wolves to take. It seems like a lot of mocks are project Dunn to the Wolves. He fits Thibodeau's mold of long athletic defenders, but he's had a couple of shoulder injuries and seems to be an inconsistent shooter. It would be nice to have another good PG, since the offense drops off hard when Rubio is off the court, but the Wolves really need to prioritize complementing what they have with shooters. For shooters you have Hield and Murray, who I would be fine with, but I'm less certain if they fit what Thibodeau may be looking for. Finding a PF would be nice, but I don't see Bender sliding to 5 and even if he does, he may be too much of a project. Then there is Ellenson, who could develop into a stretch 4, but I don't see him fitting with Thibodeau emphasizing defense. I am actually wondering if Skal Labissiere is the best fit at PF, since he's a long, athletic defender and having another big who can block shots and defend the perimeter would be really nice.

I wouldn't mind Skal if we traded down for him (maybe Buddy is on the board at 5 and someone in the 9-12 range is in love with him) but I still think you take BPA in the top five outside of extreme circumstances (which I don't think the Wolves fall under).

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 18, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

I didn't watch much college basketball

Please give an irresponsible modern nba comp for Simmons so I can day dream. Tyia.

6'10 Rajon Rondo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

76ers, would you consider trading Okafor for the #5? Knee-jerk would be no, but then the 76ers might be interested in keeping the roster young & cheap.

:barf:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This kind of posturing always happens around the draft. Of course a player wants to play for a huge market team. It almost never actually amounts to anything.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

For what it's worth, though, I think the Lakers should keep the pick and stay in rebuild for another year before making a move to actually get Ws.

So does Philly.

According to Doogie (local scoops guy who's usually pretty good) Kris Dunn is rising up a lot of boards and is as high as #2 on one.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Geoff Peterson posted:

For me it's more that even if the Bulls are looking to sell, LA, Boston and Philly can easily top a Wolves package.

Lavine is interesting. If the last couple months of the season represent an actual step forward for him and Thibs gets through to him-he could be the new prototype of a 3-and-D wing. He's also evidently as much of a gym rat as KAT is... though that may change when they all hit legal drinking age.

Very nervous about what they do if Buddy and Murray go 3 & 4. The roster REALLY doesn't need another PG with a questionable shot, and Ellenson seems to need to polish.... everything.

I mean, you pretty obviously draft Bender there since our biggest hole is at the 4.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tae posted:

Unless I'm misremembering, 2011 was the last time a super high draft pick was stashed, right? (Jonas V) Do you really think that'll happen again?

Embiid in 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Even if Embiid plays I can't imagine him being as good as Robinson, or even particularly close. Is he ready to go for playing next year yet?

Schrodinger's Embiid

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

I have seen no rumors PHO is interested in Okafor.

I see a lot of "Philly should trade Okafor" things but I have yet to actually see anything that indicates anyone is actually interested in him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ty1990 posted:

Is Bender coming over right away??

Yes, if he wants to. He has a buyout on his euro contract for 1.3 million, but the drafting team can cover half of that (Max allowed by NBA is 650k) and he doesn't have to pay the other half up front.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am all for all these reports that end up with Murray falling to the Wolves so I can be incredibly disappointed when we take Kris Dunn instead

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

I think the thought is that several of the lottery teams haven't seen him and are worried that the teams that have are looking elsewhere. Like even now his strategy might not be great because I don't see the fit for the Celtics and Timberwolves so if the Suns are looking elsewhere, lower lottery teams are still guessing.

what

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

The 'wolves are on the precipice of being good and I am not sure they have the minutes for someone who is going to need a lot of them to develop. Especially at SF which is probably at least his initial position.

He is 7' 225 he's a PF. Also our bench is bad so there's plenty of places to play him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

I dunno, maybe the Celtics draft him and don't bring him over yet. They don't HAVE to pay his buyout.

No, but they do have to offer him a contract to keep his rights and his buyout isn't very big. He could just pay it himself then accept the contract offer.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

Buyout is 1.3 million, I don't know how much he's making but average salary for the league is like ~100k a year and at least at this point Bender isn't exactly a star over there. You only have to pay half the buyout up front but 650K is still a lot. I guess he could get a loan.

Yeah, it's like 650k up front, which I think is a pretty small buyout for a player like him? And his first year salary is like 4 million if he gets taken third, so I'm sure he'd be able to get a loan.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

I'm really more surprised Dunn doesn't want to workout than anyone else.

he's at the point where his stock can only get worse, and also his skillset that's hyping him is not something that shows well in one-on-none's

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

Unless the player refuses, every workout has a competitive element to it, and teams love to do 5 on 5 scrimages with players if they let them, which would show off Dunn's skillset quite well. And usually if one guy agrees to it, the other people he's competing with are compelled to do it as well. If I'm Dunn I want the team I'm trying to get drafted to see what Buddy looks like trying to run an offense full of old men and d-leaguers.

That's what Dunn is doing last I heard (a couple days ago)? He won't do one on none workouts, but he will do workouts against other top prospects. Which is exactly what he should be doing because it's the only way the workout will help him, imo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

360p what is this 2008?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

People need to stop making charts like this

Like how do I even read it? It can't be individual chances because it goes over 100%, but they can't be additive because they don't add up to 100%

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

^^^ that makes more sense ^^^

Metapod posted:

He's saying if you add each line across the same spot on the X axis on some areas it's over 100%

Yeah. For example, the first pick adds up to ~245%. But if it's a stacking graph then it stops at ~95%. Neither of these are how graphs work so they're doing something wrong and it bothers me because I don't know what they're trying to say outside of "higher picks have a higher chance to be better but they can also be bad" which, well, no poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

What the hell is below Bust.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

The Lakers apparently had 2 workouts for Buddy Hield. It'll never happen but what if that happens?!

I'm torn between the hilarity of this and not wanting Bill Simmons to have nice things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sir_Charles posted:

In a vacuum I'd be pretty alright with the Suns trading #4 for Russell. Don't know what else it would take to get it done though. Also they'd have to have deals lined up for Bledsoe and Knight.

That would make for a fun, young backcourt powered by the magic of friendship

Russell would probably be the third player in this draft so I would hope you'd be ok with it.

• Locked thread