Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Birdstrike posted:

kept you waitign huh

Heh. Age hasn't slowed you down a bit, Bird.

Kat Delacour posted:

Yeah. I'm so turned around this game. Helpful Bif is scum Bif.

##vote Bif

Helpful Bif is just Bif. I'm still catching up on thread but voting for someone who is generally very good town this early is not a move I can stand by. Not to the same extent as Venom, but Bif is more useful as town than they are dangerous as scum. Low priority.

Back to catching up on 30 pages or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Okay, it's really tricky trying to catch up on this constantly moving thread while I'm spending the day moving furniture I've made some handwritten notes as I go. Dunno how useful it'll be but lets give this a shot.

Venom Soag: Up until about page 36, was convinced they were either scum or badly off their game. Turning poo poo around njow, but something about the way they're playing is bugging me. Aspects of it, and his choice of words reminds me too much of a time he was scum and managed to cleans sweep the town, just about.

Kash: Got kind of a scum read on them, but honestly, their play style and their explanations remind me a little of my own, so it might stand to reason that if I think they're scum then they're probably town.

Birdstrike: Anyone who thought strike was suspicious is weird and on a preliminary list.

Exakt: Posting WAY more than I'm used to them doing so. Could be a new leaf, could be overcompensating because they've been caught being too lurky too often in the past. Its meta reasoning, but sometimes you can't help that. Just an observation.

Kat: Kat

Bif: Keeps drawing needless suspicion on themselves, but in a way that seems natural and subtle enough so that I think its them being confident in their innocence rather than a scum double bluff.

Ikt: Probably baseless, considering a lot of my technique is too read whole pages and see what leaps out, but the way the post is disquieting. Possibly selective recognition but it seems like their posts including urging and suggestion but little action. Again, could be my bad.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

also tjiught valkyrie was scum and lookigm at that gwyn post think i was on the money there

Nevermind

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venoms current game rings very very reminiscent of his recent scum games. While I admit it seems unlike him to be so careless as to keep playing the same way, I consider it more likely than him being this consistently off mark. I think i had it right the first time.

Not my top pick, but back on the list.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

i did

he was in my top 3 over and over again

why you want peeps to ignore valkyri

Was MMG on your top 3, too?, Transferring the suspicion to a new player is just strange. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but this reeks a little.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

this is a bit overdone for me thinkin your scum mate

and me thinkinh mmg is scum is not being off my game none of my other picks have swung yet so i reckon im not far off

Between me and MMG and the fact that usually I can agree with most of your picks and this time I think we have one in common has me thinking you're trying to get me hanged quick.

Heck the one person you suspect that I actually agree with is probably just the person your starting your bussing campaign with.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

i was suss of who you replaced and me saying you look scummy is not md pushing for a quick hang

Given what you know of me, and your apparent willful ignorance of it along with the decidedly cut throat way you play scum, it came across that way. Perhaps I'm just jumpy after the archer mafia game. The one you played almost exactly like you're playing now. Perhaps not. You changed how we do things. I have to keep my guard up.

All things considered, I still consider Exakt more likely to be scum, followed by Ikt then possibley Kat.

The fact that you also suspected strike (I think - there was a lot of reading to do very fast) doesn't help though. I've seen scum Strike. That ain't it.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

not sure how i was meant to know

Guess if I could explain it, it'd solve most of my problems. The nature of the jokes is important. As is the length of posts.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Just as a heads up,

I'm going to a concert tonight ant then have work at both jobs tomorrow 6am-3pm for one, 7pm-12 midnight the other. Still gonna be able to post, but it's going to necessitate more speed reading then big blocks of posting. Sucks a bit, but it's netted me good results in the past.

Gonna tentatively put in a vote now just in case I don't get a chance later and the action picks up.

vote## Exakt Science

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Crap! Thanks for letting me know before I was stuck phone posting

##vote Exakt Science

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

You don't mean...

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Good luck, anon.
Beet, it's good to see you.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

im posting fine mate dunno what your on about

It's gonna rub off on you. And then you'll lose sight of who you really are.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I apologise, it's hard to keep up with my sporadic ability to read and post. What would lynching kash prove?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Eggs and bakey

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Recent exchanges have increased my confidence in Venom

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

...being town? :v:

Do you think his call on Taste is a good one though?

Not particularly, but it sounds better than a lynch on Kash, tbh. The old gwynstinct can't seem to shake exakt. Might just be playing the law of averages though. I just like think he's more likely town. Might have just entered the game too eager.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I ain't voting kash. Reminds me too much of mistakes me and strike have made. It's a goof, as I see it. Not scum. Feels different.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I can appreciate not voting for someone if you're convinced they're innocent.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

And Gywn, do you think your bro is reading me sincerely?

I think he thinks he is.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Even with the extension, we don't all the time ever - and I certainly don't. If it's going to be between those two then yeah

##unvote

##vote Taste

It's not Kash.

Anidav, don't worry. Is gud.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Kat Delacour posted:

I'm not voting TT.

Mm.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

folks who refused to lynch taste are Kat, ixt and gwyn

Gwynplaine posted:

Even with the extension, we don't all the time ever - and I certainly don't. If it's going to be between those two then yeah

##unvote

##vote Taste

It's not Kash.

Anidav, don't worry. Is gud.

You're only supposed to wear ONE eye patch, Big Bozo

Venom Soag posted:

im still pissed scum didnt kill a lurker

serious gently caress you to everyone in the game that one

Agreed. Would've been polite.

Anidav posted:

The modbomb will fix some lurkers.

True. It's more that it has to at all that irks me.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I've been saying exakt almost since I got here. Seriously, we got nothing to lose. If we filter out the chaff it'll either give town more focus or scum less cum. Nothing against them personally, but they're really too quiet.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Oh for..

REALLY wish I could edit that...

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

yeah okay

i got nothing to lose and I'm happy to work with gwyn

##vote exakt science

Unless we stop him, he'll go down in history a conquering victor. We can't let that happen!

##vote EXAKT science

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

I honestly dont know whars going on its like someone released a bunch of parasites in here

Whoa. Harsh on the non auspol, there.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Beetphyxious posted:

I'm also annoyed thy killed cc Keane he's a very funny poster.

Moreover, they were actually POSTING.

Beetphyxious posted:

Gwyns pinging me

I think I always do. It's understandable, but it's a coin flip. Which, admittedly I can get behind.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Strike is above suspicion to me. Can't speak for Kat. Seems more aggressive

Venom Soag posted:

i feel like people hanging back on taste maybe weren't NECESSARILY scum

Statistically unlikely for all of them to be.

Venom Soag posted:

listen mate i dont rule out ANY possibility no matter HOW moronic it might be

Zetsubo's behind it all!!

I always feel like its a good policy to vote before going to bed or work, if you can. Not doing so, in a game that rapidly speeds up and slows down like this one seems a little irresponsible as town.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

I kind of don't want to lynch Exakt if he's going to get exploded.

I admit, it is partially my ongoing conviction in my own instincts and observations that has me angling for a lynch. The basic result is the same with a modkill, appreciably.

My next option would be Taste or possibly Kat

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

A certain level of anger, I suppose? It makes me think of something between panic and a pufferfish.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I've been a fairly single minded this game, save for brief concerns about Venom. It looks like my original target is no longer going to be a concern, and the thread has slowed down, so I'll try re-reading from the start and see if I can find a better option.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Hooboy. I'm gonna get a dinghy ready.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I'm actually now just nervous that Kash is a jester

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

HiipFire posted:

its still beneficial to town to lynch jesters though so id vote him regardless rly

Doesn't it only benefit the jester?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

HiipFire posted:

yeah but the jester disrupts town discussion and its beneficial in that sense to get rid of em

But the game would be over. If a jester gets lynched, they win, right?

I gotta snooze.

Ive reviewed the thread and the only vote i'm comfortable with, tht has shown any traction

## unvote

## vote taste

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Merk's not registering for me at all. Might be a meta thing for non-auspol. I dunno. Might keep missing something.

Venom Soag posted:

Scum are playing well

Like jerks.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

thatbastardken posted:

lot of people hating on taste, but I'm not really feeling it.

gwyn is kind of weirding me out.

Noted on both.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Tremendous Taste posted:

Vote with me and see me triumphant

Vote with taste and you'll see yourself let scum walk free twice and get played like a goddamn fiddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Tremendous Taste posted:

I AM REASONABLY SURE that I read gwyn properly and it was a bus

Exakt was basically the first person I accused of anything and the first person I voted for, because earlier in the game they were posting what I thought to be too much for them. Like they were overcompensating after auspol noticed them lurking to victory once too often (which is at all).

So you're theorizing that upon joining the game, my first action - my absolute FIRST action - was to try bus someone with one scum already dead.

That is maniac thinking. You're reaching. You always have been.

• Locked thread