Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I hope season 3 involves fighting aliens with magic in space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

and now i'm suddenly interested in this again

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Pretty sure Galaxy is the name of a company. I think.

So it's the most boring possible thing. :eng99:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I have no idea but didn't magic occur because of a meteor hitting the earth and then MAGIC? so going into space for more magic might be a thing.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
magic on earth is running out so our heroes must go to space battle college and win the space battle tournament, earning their planet more magic

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Will there be natural hot springs in other planets? This is important.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Going back to our earlier discussion of the flaws of LN-based shows in general, what the gently caress are you thinking, Flying Dog? In the penultimate and ante-penultimate episodes, you introduce like 8 fascinating plotlines involving multinational politics, international terrorism, child experimentation, etc, after having wasted 10-12 episodes on that bullshit tournament?

Prioritize your time better.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

No Senpai.

This is OUR fight!

That was a lovely ending to a mediocre show.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Did he actually start dating anyone?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

a kitten posted:

Did he actually start dating anyone?

Haha.

No the "king" (Julis' brother) asked them to marry, and they were both like WOAH EASY THERE MAN. Can't destabilize the harem like that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

oy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*extremely serious voice* Jolbert

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

*extremely serious voice* Jolbert

Asterisk of a Failed bid for a second season.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
So what battle academy shonens do we have to look forward to next?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'm pretty sure that's the end of the LN, like every other LN adaptation it doesn't have an end because they adapt it before anything interesting happens at the end. Maybe if you're lucky and its popular enough, someone will do the Full Metal Panic treatment and finish it, but Asterisk sucked and the un-adapted material of Chivalry is pretty terrible, so don't hold your breath.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the end of the LN, like every other LN adaptation it doesn't have an end because they adapt it before anything interesting happens at the end. Maybe if you're lucky and its popular enough, someone will do the Full Metal Panic treatment and finish it, but Asterisk sucked and the un-adapted material of Chivalry is pretty terrible, so don't hold your breath.

Man, following Full Metal Panic away from the novels was weird. After a while, I just decided to read the novels and be done with it.

Did the Chivalry novels really turn to poo poo that quick? It only took what, 3 or 4 volumes (I don't know how much the anime covered)?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The fmp novels were eventually adapted completely in a manga. Considering that they will never be officially published in english, that's been the best way to finish the story up until now.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Wark Say posted:

Did the Chivalry novels really turn to poo poo that quick? It only took what, 3 or 4 volumes (I don't know how much the anime covered)?

The anime went up to I think the end of volume 2. Where it ended in a proposal on live television, the LN had said proposal happen behind closed doors so the rest of the love interests wouldn't hear about it.

The Chivalry LN is like the perfect example of a story going on longer than it should've.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Serious Frolicking posted:

The fmp novels were eventually adapted completely in a manga. Considering that they will never be officially published in english, that's been the best way to finish the story up until now.

The Sigma! manga, huh? What I had read until a few years ago was good, so maybe I'll try to get them.

BlitzBlast posted:

The anime went up to I think the end of volume 2. Where it ended in a proposal on live television, the LN had said proposal happen behind closed doors so the rest of the love interests wouldn't hear about it.

The Chivalry LN is like the perfect example of a story going on longer than it should've.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Ok, so Asterisk War is a giant pile of tropes but I liked it because it had good action and animation and sometimes thats all you need after a long, lovely day when all you want to do is drink a beer and look at sharp cityscapes and sword fights

• Locked thread