Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Perspective

This is Perspective. It's a short little puzzle game from 2012 that was developed as a student project. I remember I heard about it a while back here on the forums, and it's pretty fun. It'll only take you maybe an hour to get through your first time, so we'll be seeing all of it in this one video. I'd really recommend checking it out, It's available for free right here.

http://seewithperspective.com/

This is my first project here, so this was all pretty off the cuff for me and I figured out the editing as I went. Expect lots of mumbling and some less than insightful commentary in this video. Enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Not one human in sight -- let's play Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Chapters 1 and 2: The Exodus and Defend the Ark
Chapter 3: Metroplex Heeds the Call
Chapter 4: Eye of the Storm

Fall of Cybertron is everything a Transformers game should be. It's fun to play, it has all the giant robots you could ever want, the action is pretty much nonstop, the villains are megalomaniacal while the heroes are stalwart guardians of peace, the story doesn't try and pretend to be deep, there are no human characters anywhere, and Peter Cullen plays Optimus Prime. This game is the second in a trilogy of three, and is considered the best of the bunch. The first in the series, War for Cybertron, was a promising title that ultimately didn't deliver, while the third one is a garbage cash-in that we wont talk about. There was an LP of the first game done a number of years ago, and it's available to watch on the archive. It's pretty good, and I'd encourage you to check it out if you like what you see here.

http://lparchive.org/Transformers-War-for-Cybertron/

As I mentioned in the video, my exposure to the entire Transformers series has been minimal. Apart from this I've only ever watch Transformers: The Movie and Transformers. I'm only vaguely aware of the series in general, and my knowledge doesn't extend past cultural osmosis. There are two different cartoons called Beast Wars and Beast Machines, and only one of them is good, but I don't know which. The whole original series was a 30 minute long toy commercial. Kiss Players exists. I'm pretty sure there's currently an ongoing show, and that new episodes air on nickelodeon. Because this puts me in a bad position to do an LP, I'll be watching through a few of the cartoons inbetween updates so I'll have stuff to talk about.

I'll be doing this LP with live commentary, and because I want to keep things moving along, I'm playing with all the weapons and upgrades already unlocked. This means I wont have to waste time hunting around for money, and things will be easier from the get-go. The game also has a number of hidden easter eggs in it, but (save for one) I won't be showing those off. The videos are already going to be long enough as it is, and I don't want to spend the time finding a bunch of references that I wont get. If you want to see them, then that's all the more reason to play the game for yourself.

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Dec 13, 2015

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CommissarMega posted:

As I recall, Fall and War for Cybertron are supposed to be a reboot which ties in somewhat with the Transformers Prime 3d cartoon, which is definitely something people should watch. There are human characters, and one of them is quite annoying in the first season, but even so, she doesn't appear all that much, and the Transformers are really given a time to shine. Best of all once that season's done, things get so, so much better. I really can't recommend the show enough.

Are there any arcs or individual episodes you could recommend? I'll have to sit down and watch some.

Chapter 3: Metroplex Heeds the Call

In this episode we have to destroy some warp cannons, and I give you my thoughts on The Five Faces of Darkness, the five part opener to Transformers G1 season 3. Spoilers: I didn't like it. Sorry if my commentary seems a bit disjointed at points, I'm still getting the hang of talking and playing at the same time.

As a bonus, here's the first page of notes I took while watching Five Faces.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

anilEhilated posted:

Two guns, thousands of robots, one rear end in a top hat: Let's Play Hard Reset

Level 1

Hard Reset is a shooty game that is mostly spent running around in wild panic. I'm doing this live (bad idea) and I'm fighting my audio setup the whole way, so any tips or feedback are appreciated.

Oh hey, Hard Reset! Love that game. I was actually thinking about LPing it myself for this thread before I decided on Transformers.

I like that you're trying to keep things pretty breezy, I think it works well for the game. As for constructive criticism, one problem is that the video was really quiet. And, even with my speakers turned up, there were still a few points where I was struggling to hear you over the gameplay. Apart from that, it sounded like you need to be more confident about the whole process. During the part around 6 minutes in where you were explaining why you started the LP it almost sounded like you were trying to justify its existence, which isn't something you should feel like you need to do. But, you mentioned you're making this so you could get more comfortable with doing videos, so I'm sure you already realize that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Is this video stuttering really badly for anybody else?

e: checked it on my phone, it's stuttering really badly

e2: the blaster was my go-to weapon when I played this, it was (pretty obviously) good at dealing with the hordes the game throws at you.

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 29, 2015

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

anilEhilated posted:

Hard Reset level 3
I honestly have no idea what's up with a mic that fails to pick up what I'm saying yet catches the dog barking behind two closed doors.

For anybody interested in the game, Hard Reset is in this week's humble bundle. I'd say it's definitely worth $1.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fall of Cybertron chapter 4: Eye of the Storm

"Grimlock has a TEAM?"
"What do they call themselves? The Lightning Strike something or other."
"That's terrible."

Previously on Fall of Cybertron, we reactivated the city-bot Metroplex and with his help were able to stop Megatron and save the ark. During the encounter with Megatron we learned his motivation for why he refuses to let the autobots leave and go their own way: he doesn't like them. However, his motivations don't matter too much now, as he was killed by Metroplex. With him gone, Starscream has taken over control of the decepticons and will be the main villain of the game. Even though the ark is safe for the time being, the autobots have used up all of their energon in the process of defending it and don't have enough left to launch. With no other options, Optimus Prime has sent Cliffjumper and Jazz to track down Grimlock. Though the others feel he is a traitor, Optimus believes he left for a good reason and suspects that his location may be the key to their escape.

As an aside, for anybody who's a Transformers fan, is there any reason they gave Cliffjumper a cloaking device? When I first played through the game I just figured it was his thing, but after seeing some of the cartoons, it's only Mirage that can turn invisible. Having Cliffjumper be the stealthy one seems entirely out of character for him.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

anilEhilated posted:

I don't know anything about Transformers but suspect the reason is "to mix up the gameplay". Why didn't they use a character that does it regularly, I have no idea - maybe their toy wasn't being sold during the game's development?

Oh yeah, there's a very clear gameplay reason for it, I'm just wondering why it's Cliffjumper of all characters.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I figured it was an intentional choice and you were just doing one of those longplays you see over on youtube.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
More like a bridge too short !!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I am extremely disappointed that we didn't get to hear any of the game's many quips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Where did you even hear about this game?