Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

they'll WHAT

They totally do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Don't Shoot. Fiona's almost clean away now, and there's no real benefit from shooting him. That bullet might be a lifesaver later.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Steve, because heyo!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Tough call. Felix is the closest thing to a father she's had, but he did just steal a literal fortune. Even then, that's business and understandable - it could get stolen back, so shooting him isn't reasonable. But pushing Fiona back into the race, which will almost certainly get her killed? He didn't need to do that. It was pure dick move. Don't warn him. He earned what's coming.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

All I can really say at this moment is it is definitely a character we will eventually meet or already have met as part of Rhys and Fiona's adventure.

It's Steve, isn't it. The mask was a sign.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Have Sasha help Rhys. Shooting the Rakk Hive won't help if the car crashes and the next Moonshot pulverizes everyone.

And for god's sake tell no one about Jack. Outside of MAYBE Vaughn every person so far is going to want Jack super dead, and Vaughn's not very, uh. How do I put this? He's not the sort that's very good at keeping secrets under pressure.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I dunno, I don't trust Vaughn right now. I mean, yeah, backstabbing is part of the Hyperion corporate culture, but half the reason we connected with him is because he didn't get involved in that. I don't buy it. So I say we go to Hollow Point because at least then we've got two more sets of eyes watching in case he backstabs us. Sure, the girls aren't any more trustworthy, but they don't trust HIM either.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Panzer Skank posted:

BL2: Max anarchy Mechromancer to his Psycho. Psycho is actually the only class that takes friendly fire damage and Gaige is the only character who does better by not aiming, so this creates an interesting effect where I shoot the ground and ten miles away Kaubocks drops dead.

I cannot stress enough how liberatingly fun an Anarchy Gaige can be. Anarchy is one of her skills - basically, if you reload your weapon from dry or get a kill, you get a stack of Anarchy. If you quick-reload it, the stacks reset to zero. For every stack you get, you gain 1.75% damage but lose 1.75% accuracy. You max out at 400 stacks (600 with a specific unique class mod) - that's +700% damage (or +1050%). At that point, however, you have such an accuracy penalty that the bullets can actually go backwards when fired. The solution? Another skill called Close Enough. Maxed out, every bullet that misses has a 50% chance to ricochet towards an enemy for reduced (50%) damage. And there's The Nth Degree, where maxed makes every 5th bullet that hits ricochet as well.

Combine this with fast-firing, fast-reloading shotguns and you get something like this.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Shei-kun posted:

I have apparently been building my Mechromancer in entirely the wrong way :stare:

I couldn't find a video of it, but it gets just as crazy with a Dahl E-tech blaster. Scoped in, it not only loses the ammo penalty but one trigger-pull fires a 9-shot spread burst. Most people, that's meh. Gaige? Each pull just vomits out a storm of wildly bouncing glowing plasma poo poo that goes everywhere. I love it.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Be Respectful. C'mon, it's Sasha we're talking about. Let's not be a douche about this.

And the Norfleet. It's got cupholders, man! Cupholders!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

In this situation, options are limited. I say trust Fiona. This is EXACTLY the sort of situation that a con artist would be able to get us out of.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I'd be worried less about the arm and more about the other stuff. The drive originally plugged into the side of Rhys' head, after all. Pandora is not known for great doctors (who are not insane) and clean operating rooms to remove things directly wired your braincase.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Captain Bravo posted:

Oh, and don't trust Jack, are you stupid?

Yeah, this. We literally just made a major choice not to trust him, why the hell would we turn around and trust him right away? That's crazy. You're crazy. Don't trust Jack, he's crazy.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

P.N.T.M. posted:

I feel like Jack has always been a double-crosser. He mentions punching his mom...I wouldn't trust him

It's also worth noting that in Borderlands 2, Jack pays a bunch of bandits to murder his own grandmother in her bed, then pays the Vault Hunters to kill the bandits so he doesn't have to actually pay said bandits.

He is not a nice man.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Steampunk Princess, because Fiona needs her hat.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Eyeballs? Not weird. This is Pandora. poo poo ain't weird until you're ranting about meat bicycles or stringing dead neighbors up with speakers as puppets.

Sloped Elevators? Not weird, they're like super-escalators and thus are cool.

Funtacular? Fun is always awesome, so Funtacular is awesome.

Atlas Murder? As much as Gortys is adorable and should be protected, Athena's got a point. Sasha's the only thing in Fiona's life she can rely on, and losing her would be devastating. How could she NOT want revenge in Athena's place? It's only right that we let her kill the poo poo outta him. Can we put a hand over Gortys' eyes, though, so she doesn't have to see this?

(Also I am still not convinced that Sasha really is having a thing with Rhys and isn't just buttering him up as another long-term mark.)

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

ZeeToo posted:

Shoot him; we've gone whole minutes without causing a body count, so fix that.[/b]

Hey now, Fiona totally killed that flower. That's a body.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Can't forget that part where she's basically addicted to eridium - a radioactive rock who's refinement process is absurdly toxic. Because it makes her barely controlled Wizard Powers even stronger.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Tell Them. They're gonna find out sooner or later. Get it out of the way now instead of when things are in the middle of going to poo poo. Right now they don't have a choice about working with Rhys, so that's a non-factor.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Onyx Overlord. And eye-scooping is grosser.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Catch A Ride. Scooter deserves it. gently caress the mission.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

sleepy.eyes posted:

The Stranger looks a sight too tall to be either Sasha or Vaughn. Maybe it's Athena?

Unlikely. Unless the Stranger is really significantly in the future, we know Athena's a prisoner of Lilith right now. It can't be her.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Gotta go Loader Bot here. Not because of anything in the characters (because Loader Bot is a bro), but presuming that something Bad is about to happen? Gortys has shown she can take care of herself. Loader Bot keeps losing pieces. So he probably needs our help more.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Stun the crap out of her, because she deserves it. Oh, and tell her who we are, because you're right. The look on her face will be priceless. Well, the look right before she goes all taser-y.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Sheesh, where's the hugtrain voting block that's carried this LP through all the way to here? Worse still, where's the duplicitous voting block that talks her down without revealing yourself? You telling me none of you want to put this Vasquez disguise to good use? It's the correct option because it's the one I chose.

She denied us help and as a result Loader Bot lost his legs. Screw her.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

HenryEx posted:

Considering the alternative of Crisis Through Infinite Jacks, i think Rhys might have saved more lives than he has ended, in the long run.

Yeah, Jack in his most recent form is basically an extinction-level event with the ability to move between solar systems. Everybody on Helios was dead, they just hadn't realized it yet.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

We're running really low on characters now. Aside from the central four (Vaughn's alive, presumably, even if he's been missing for two episodes now), we're down to August, Cassius, Felix, and that one named bandit from the beginning. Plus a couple of cameos like Janey and Shade. Things can't get much worse - we're rapidly running out of characters to kill/imperil.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Athena wasn't killed right? She could make a return.

Timeline-wise, I don't think so? Athena's currently being interrogated by Lillith and is about to be put to a firing squad. Her end-of-TPS rescue may be around this time so it isn't impossible?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Okay, did not see Loaderbot coming. (Did figure out that was Vaughn, though, the mask was a give-away.) Hm. Team.

Athena for certain. She's a surrogate member of this family anyhow, AND she's possibly the most experienced choice. Can't go wrong there.

We'll probably need some technical help for Gortys, so we've got two picks. I'll go with Janey because why not? Plus doing a little vault hunting together might help her and Athena's relationship.

Last is tough, but I'm going to go with August. He was a douche, but he did come around in the end and the monster killed his mother. I mean, his mother deserved it, but that doesn't mean he can't still get a bit of revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Hostile V posted:

Tannis has Plot Stuff going on but mostly she just wants to fall in love with and gently caress inanimate objects.

Poor brave Clork. :911:

• Locked thread