Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawk
Mar 31, 2013

JordanKai posted:

I'm not a big fan of Borderlands' brand of humour, but I hear this game is pretty funny on its own merits so I'll definitely be giving this LP a look.

Go for the riot shield and the longbow grenades. Take these poor souls down as non-lethally as possible. :shobon:

This, definitely.

Also, this is going to be one of those LPs that gets better as it goes on. TellTale is fantastic at building characters, and honestly the first chapter is probably the weakest. If you're reading this and half-hesitant on whether or not this will be good, just know that once we hit Chapter 2 and onwards, the game goes from "Very good, pretty funny" to "I laughed so hard I failed a bunch of quicktimes because the tears in my eyes were preventing me from seeing where to click"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

BREAK HIS loving HEART

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm assuming "blow his mind" will involve brains splattered across a surface of some kind

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The biggest point of a Telltale games is its setpieces, oddly enough. We just saw one here. In TWD, they were all gut-wrenching decisions based on loss. In TWAU, they were all decisions that let you piece together the story in different ways. In this game, they are Borderlands-level action setpieces full of 'HOLY poo poo THAT'S AWESOME' and humor. It's usually a moment of laughing so hard because you can't believe that just happened.

So really, voting is more of a way for the thread to contextualize the decisions made and craft their own democratic version of the events portrayed by two unreliable narrators as crazy poo poo actually happens that they aren't embellishing too much to fluff up their own involvement.

Which is why I'm voting to save the bullet

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

RickVoid posted:

I can't stop playing this game. I'm most of the way through episode 4. Send help.

You're pretty good! :ocelot:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Get that Psycho Mask. Let's save our cash until we can blow it on some good poo poo. That skeletal mask is a monstrosity, despite being purple.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Warn Him

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Did you think that we were finally free from Handsome Jack?

HA! hahaHAHAH!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Help Rhys and Tell Everyone

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I saw somebody mention LB before realizing 5-3 was up, and I spent the ENTIRE EPISODE pulling my hair out trying to figure out who LB was. I went over every character I could think of, even the museum dude from the first episodes who was very creepy. I was still running firstname/lastnames through my head while the "I saw the betrayal" scene started, and when it zoomed in on Loader Bot I lost my poo poo. I still can't find it, it's all over the place, I can't put the puddle back together to group up all the poop. This game is too loving good.

Anyway, My vote goes for Athena, Felix, and Cassius. There are people we need to come to terms with, and people who need to come to terms with each other. Athena is a badass in her own right, so she can hold her ground. Felix and Cassius are two smart old dudes who can definitely help us rig things in our favor, especially with LB on our side. And Felix needs to own up to what he did... while Cassius needs to own up to this new position of CTO of Atlas corporations! :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

LB's one major goal is to save Gortys, and as far as he is concerned, Fiona just killed Gortys for no reason and Rhys just pulled a Handsome Jack. He's leery of trusting either of them at the moment, because when he was nice to them, they turned out to be enemies of his. LB's actually incredibly nice in this respect in that he's bringing everybody together again, trying to get answers, and doesn't outright kill everybody involved like the gaggle of raiders he slaughtered in the first episodes.

• Locked thread