Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Forget the bacon, the omelette's the good part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Huh, remember that bottle that Max broke trying to get and had to rewind to move a crate? When I first tried to reach for it, Max went "C'mon Max, you're way to clumsy to just reach it from here, use the crate" and immediately did the crate-pushing cutscene without any further interaction. Dunno what I did to trigger that.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
poo poo, I voted and ended up tie-ing it. I'm sorry.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
That's kind of awesome, seeing the in-game contest turn into a real charity thing. :allears:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
:smith: I hosed up this sequence. I don't know which question I got wrong first, but on the family question I blanked and made the wrong choice. Right after I picked it, I remembered what the right choice was but it was too late.

God I felt like poo poo. I wanted to quit the game when I saw her jump and restart everything, but that would go against the spirit of the game and the situation at hand. I knew I hosed up, I knew what I did wrong. It really did feel like I was responsible for her death.

It's been a long time since a game made me cry like this.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
man, looking at that blaming Jefferson makes more sense, but dammit this is our chance to nail Nathan with something for once.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
And the patch has directors commentary for digital versions! :dance:

EDIT: Which...apparently is free-DLC off of steam at the moment? A weird way to do it but whatever.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate on the files on Max. We saw with Rachel that he was snooping around and catching some illegal business. Then with Kate, while he may have been completely wrong on what happened there, he was trying to figure out who brought the drugs to the party. Reading through the list of events, I can kind of see how he thought Kate might be responsible and holding a guilty conscious - with the big assumption that he had no clue about her video. So while he's doing a lot of surveillance he really is trying to clean things up at the school.

As for Max, we did kind of show up unexpectedly at his home and he seems like the kind of person who doesn't like to be surprised. He "caught" us dealing weed to Chloe, so it's not surprising that he's going to keep tabs on Max for that. He thinks we're a bad influence on Chloe (hilariously, it's probably the other way around) so we probably shouldn't be too surprised to see Max on his list of drug suspects.

Creepy? From anyone on that list's perspective, totally. But not without justification.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
This was the first choice in the game I was legitimately terrified to choose, and the fact they give you the I Don't Know shows they know it. And it loving hurts.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Skrewtape posted:

Wells actually mentions the ADA in his letter, but seems to be claiming that they don't have to comply because their buildings are from before 1977. I don't know if that's actually how the ADA works, but at least it was something the developers were thinking about.

(That attachment is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Sorry.)

A quick glance at the ADA wikipedia page, and a google search on the year, it doesn't seem like 1977 means anything other than when the school was built. (Or probably when the newest building was built.) The main cause seems to be the funding issue.

And while my gut reaction is "how expensive can it be to include wheelchair ramps everywhere?" Blackwell has multiple floors which means they'll need some kind of elevator as well. Nursing staff would need training on how to deal with her medical issues in case of emergencies (doable since her parents seem to be able to handle it), she'd need special access to use the restroom in some form (I don't know how quadriplegics handle this and I do NOT want to find out) plus while she has that fancy mouth-computer-doohickie she could probably use a school laptop for a lot of stuff, just doing normal school stuff would be a chore. So a lot of the cost is more than just buildings.

State agencies exist for this specific reason to provide funding as necessary, but as a private school Blackwell may be exempt and may be able to get away with this bullshit. The exact nature of Blackwell is rather dubious, but if they're suffering from education cuts as the letter claims, then holy poo poo they are required by law to do this

.Most of ths information was gathered from google searches, so please take everything here with a gallon of salt.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Awww the bunny's name is Alice? :swoon:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
This is probably one of my favorite chapters for these two scenes. The bit with was Frank was pretty fantastic. Looking at it it's extremely linear, just don't gently caress up twice, and some of your previous choices play into it. It really nails in just how powerful Max's rewind power can be. And I kind of love that she's so pissed at Frank that even if you ask her to be polite, she still fucks it up.

And then the investigation bit. We spent the past few chapters getting a ton of information, but it felt really good to do some legit detective work and nailing down all of the clutter and it finally helps us get somewhere meaningful in finding out what the gently caress happened to Kate and Rachel.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
"Just go find a community college" Jesus gently caress victoria. Every time I befriend her but holy loving poo poo Victoria being pissed is golden

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Dammit, I knew Nathan worked for Hyperion. Quick, we need to get up there and dunk Helios while we're at it.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
God. The ending to this chapter is such a god drat cliffhanger, but at least it's the kind of cliffhanger where you have an idea of what the poo poo is happening.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Man. This part of the game was eye opening for me. I've always considered myself as someone who would love to abolish ape, especially date rape, as even a mere concept concept. I've heard of how horrifying it can be, but it wasn't until this part of the game that...I felt violated. I've always had a strong mental link regarding protagonist = me, and this part of the game just made me feel like something horrible happened to me and I had no memory of any of it. And I knew to enact justice I would have to go back and try to process through what happened but a little voice in the back of my head warned me I was going to be sick and disgusted with what I found out. With Kate having gone through the same, I can easily see why she would feel so evasive and retreat about what happened. It was emotionally devastating to go through this.

This section is extremely powerful as making the player experience everything that makes rape utterly horrifying without actually including any of the sexual context. The writing may fall a little bit at this point of the game, but it manages to nail the emotion and horror with it.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Dammit Max, no cell phones on the plane!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Ughhh. I hate the picture you get from Jefferson in this section. I felt so disgusted when he took that picture. Everything about it just felt so wrong.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
my favorite part of the nightmare sequence: the loving bottles return. This really is hell.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
The final choice upset me so much. I've seen SOOO many situations where using time-travel power to change something minor causes huge environmental effects in the future, and none of it comes across well to me. There's no direct relation to Chloe and the tornado, other than that Max discovered both at the same time. It's about the only time-travel story I've ever seen and it's so loving tiring. I can't stand it.

To me, that's probably the main reason why I saved Chloe. I didn't want to follow that stupid story. I wanted to break through and follow a new story. I was also tired of Arcadia Bay with all the poo poo that happened there and wanted to see it burn.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Panzer Skank posted:

Speaking of fan made poo poo I'm gonna dump some of my fav fanart in here now brace urselves

Ooh ooh we posting fanart? Because I found some not too long ago relating to the ending. I saw it posted on facebook, but this tumblr might be the source? There's other LiS stuff there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Cut art from the boss fight against Warlock Sean Prescott, who's just offscreen flinging more objects at Max.

But in the end it has to be this way

Preferably the way Max learns to master her timestop abilities and just shreds anything that tries to kill Chloe.

TwoPair posted:

You're right this is pretty dope

Wow, this is really cute.

• Locked thread