Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maully Millions
Aug 10, 2014

Inappropriate.

I brought one of my ferrets to school the other day to calm down my fellow grad students. When it was time to leave I needed to dump out her water dish but had no where to dump it, so I drank it. One gulp in and I realized she had dropped some pelleted food in there to get it nice and mushy. I almost puked on the spot.

Mushy Blue Buffalo Duck Flavor cat food: 0/3

Ferret troll status: 5/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

As an apology to Grandmother of Five for not having a better story for the Christmas Pet Story thread I've just tasted Sunshine Factor.

http://www.amazon.com/HEALx-SSF4-Sunshine-Factor-4oz/dp/B004TA9R3S

It is cheating a little because it is a red palm fruit oil supplement paste that you're meant to melt and mix in with your pet's pelleted food. It is rich, buttery, and has a distinct earthiness. I would consider tasting it again if not for the fact that might make me a crazy person.

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 19, 2015

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

says the crazy bird lady lol

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Never expect a forum to do what you won't do yourself, that's what I always say

SBD
Jan 5, 2003
All the neighbor kids wanted to play House, and I would be the "family cat". I tried Purina Cat Chow. It tasted just like it smelled...crunchy, meaty, salty.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
I bought my dog some milkbones for my dog for the first time ever. Thought of this thread.

It was bad just kinda bland and crunchy. 2/5

I've eaten her jerky treats before cuz I wanted jerky and had none of my own and she didn't really like the duck one. The duck jerky was pretty good. 4/5

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
My cat offered me half a mouse once.

I declined. She shouldn't go hungry on my account.

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016
I happen to be a connoisseur of Alpo Liver Snaps myself.

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

My girlfriend has sampled every kind of dog kibble I've gotten. She says Halo was the best. They were all bland, but Halo was the meatiest tasting.
My brother loves those yogurt drop rat treats. I gave him one as a joke, and when I told him what it was, he ended up eating half the bag.

I've always wanted to taste Greenies since my pets all go apeshit for it, but I'm too chicken to try.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I have dried mealworms/shrimp/crickets but they smell weird

The new ham loves them

Should I???

Maully Millions
Aug 10, 2014

Inappropriate.

Do it.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I did not eat the rabbit head that my dog presented to me late one evening

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

teenytinymouse posted:

The new ham loves them

Should I???

Mealworms taste like Wheat Thins. Go for it.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
When I had a gerbil, I got her a box of oat-pillow things as treats. Upon taking them out of the box I realized that I'd seen those exact same pillows before, but covered in yogurt with a far heftier pricetag. I only hesitated for a bit before confirming my suspicion and from there on I'd munch handfuls of them every time I gave the gerbil one. 3/3 would eat again if I found them somewhere.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.

Be Mine Bars, crunchy rat biscuits for rats.
Ordinarily I'd make my husband try it, but as this was the first ever store-bought treat that the rat's actually eaten, I had to take the plunge myself.

It was dry and crumbly. Almost entirely flavourless with maybe a hint of blueberry. I'd give it a 2/3, not inedible but I wouldn't steal them from the rat.

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
Who didn't sample the pet food when they were a kid?

A tin of stewed beef and a tin of dog food can look the same and even have similar labels if you're not paying attention and intend to bake pie that day.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
I've licked the salt block in the pasture. It was salty and had extra minerals. Not bad. 2/3

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

I ate one of the dog's pumpkin ginger dental cookies by accident last year. Pretty good, but not as sweet as human cookies. 3/3

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.

teenytinymouse posted:

The new ham loves them

Should I???

Requesting an update

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I'm not doing it sober and I keep forgetting when I'm drunk

Plus my bf has given him all the crickets and that's the one I wanted to try

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Here is the thing I have learned is missing from yuppie-rear end dog rat treats: salt. Any. Ever. At all. But boy do they smell good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Ok yes but in my defense they make kibbles n bits look really delicious.

• Locked thread