Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

https://music.origintech.ca/PURE VOMIT.mp3

Pure Vomit. I was so excited about this game. Spent thousands fixing up my PC and getting a Titan X graphics card to play the game and a 60 inch 4k LED. I played New Vegas for the last half year in anticipation.

Do you care about story?
Do you care about dialogue?
Do you care about writing?
How about the excitment of getting skill points every two levels as you did in Fallout New Vegas and
carefully placing them where you thought made you play the game the most fun or tactical way possible?
Did you consider some of the changes to something worthy of the title Fallout 4 would be something like a more complex attribute
or SPECIAL system, maybe a bit like dark souls which has so many drat skills as well as hidden skills (like poise) that affect the gameplay and combat?
(well lets just say **** did the opposite and DUMBED it down and more fitting for toddlers.
Do you ever feel like RPGs tend to cater to the slightly more cerebral-minded or pensive player and hence demand a bit more depth rather than simplifying?

If you said yes to any of that, you better stay the effing hell away from this game.
Bethesda writers inspire one human emotion…VOMIT, while that may not currently be in the dictionary as an emotion, after what Bethesda has done,
I am certain in will be in all dictionaries soon as an emotion you feel after playing Fallout 4.
If you want a shooter, play Halo, but the slightly improved combat can not make up for the overwhelming boredom this game permeates.
Its so Effing BORING. BORING BORING BORING. BORING. BORING BORING BORINGBORING. BORING BORING BORINGBORING. BORING
BORING BORINGBORING. BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING
BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING
OMG i think I’m going to give Witcher or WoW a try.
No wonder reviews were blocked until release.
Bethesda is pure evil. Instead of focusing on all those lawsuits and **** around people who did have creative rights to this game,
and respecting them and having the sense to hire such valuable resources from guys who probably did deserve something, the used the law and technicalities to milk them for all they were worth, just like they are milking fans.
F U Bethesda. F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.
F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda.F U Bethesda. (0/10)

-DemonSoul MetaCritic Connoisseur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Lol if you thought Fallout 4 would be good. Double lol if you played skyrim and still thought that. If you played Fallout 3 and still held hope then goddamn

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Did you really think Fallout 4 would be like Dark Souls?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Is this where I post "hosed up if true"?

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
Is this the pure vomit thread for stable normal people or have I become unstable and liable to vomit. What I'm asking is whether I should have a sick bag on standby.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I would also give The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt a try. I was skeptical as well, as I didn't enjoy the previous Witcher games, but the Witcher 3 is really good.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Does it have any good memes in it like skyrim?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

:yeah:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

source you're quotes

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I love reading Metacritic reviews

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

source you're quotes

it is at te botom yo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i realize this is a copy paste but imo spending thousands of dollars and half a year hyping yourself up for a single game is inevitably going to lead to disappointment even if the game actually is good

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

He sounds like a mentally stable individual.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
why the gently caress would you be playing bethesda games if you care about story, dialog, or writing?

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
Pure Vomit

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Ddraig posted:

Lol if you thought Fallout 4 would be good. Double lol if you played skyrim and still thought that. If you played Fallout 3 and still held hope then goddamn

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

rb

bluewedge posted:

Pure Vomit
BRB writing a new urban dictionary entry.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

I break mirrors with my face in the United States

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

pure vomit on his sweater, arrow to the knee

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The christmas I got Fallout 3 was the worst time of my life

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Latest Bethesda game is nothing like Dark Souls, 0/10 do not recommend.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I might buy this game when modders make it incredibly good like Bethesda never does but I probably won't.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Does the games forum like reads of terrible idiot reviews? I wanna do more voice stuff.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Why did you buy Fallout 4? It's just a fancy tech demo for Obsidian.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Do we really need three Fallout threads?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Graphics don't matter much, and it looks good enough to have a great atmosphere. I agree that there are too many bugs, but the richness of the world and the amazingness of the gameplay more than compensates in my opinion.

just play fallout now, gently caress all these washed up uncreative shooters

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

StealthArcher posted:

Does the games forum like reads of terrible idiot reviews? I wanna do more voice stuff.

You do a good plinkett voice do more thank you

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Loden Taylor posted:

I break mirrors with my face in the United States

I'm smoking cigarettes in the shower. When they get wet I just light another.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so far I haven't been impressed. combat is still kind of garbage and I've found nothing interesting about anything

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Ddraig posted:

Fallout 3 ended with a giant robot throwing nuclear footballs and yelling about chinese communists so on balance it was actually a good game. Contrary to what the whole of the internet believes NV was boring in comparison.

lol if you expected anything from Fallout 4 other than an ultraviolent sandbox which is good to the extent you can stay away from what Bethesda desperately hopes counts as a plot. I like it, it's a great time waster and plays really well in 20 minute bursts.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
fallout 4 is as boring as 3 and nv. lots of running around, searching containers, and reading terminals. i get the feeling the source in the OP grew out of being able to be patient with games

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Relin posted:

fallout 4 is as boring as 3 and nv. lots of running around, searching containers, and reading terminals. i get the feeling the source in the OP grew out of being able to be patient with games

adults shouldn't have time to be patient with games imo but they also shouldn't spend thousands tarting up their computer to play them either

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

People really seem to be hung on the idea that the op is a direct quote of my own rather then a dumb metacritic review I read as a funny.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
im sorry but this game is actually good???

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

StealthArcher posted:

People really seem to be hung on the idea that the op is a direct quote of my own rather then a dumb metacritic review I read as a funny.

it's just funnier to pretend you wrote it, stop breaking kayfabe

Motherfucker posted:

im sorry but this game is actually good???

no

E: it's $20 good not $60 good

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 15, 2015

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Oh boy, another fallout thread.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I like the taste and look of this vomit. I play around in a pool of vomit and let it soak into my clothes

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

This reads like an opinion that truly matters.

- Astrochicken Metacritic Connoisseur

Astrochicken fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I really like Fallout 4. It's fun and my brain is entertained.

• Locked thread