Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Is TOD normal lvl 40 a huge gear check or is there a gimmick/strategy I'm missing?

The boss can't be stunned, disarmed, charmed, confused. It has 818k health and a passive skill that reduces damage by 40% from attacks with range 1 or longer (so everything?). At the beginning of each turn it will auto-attack everyone within one square of him before either doing his bullshit aoe slam that pushes everyone back 7 squares (onto an island with wolves) or attack in a straight line.

My Lord is lvl 46 and my main team is mostly mid-low level 4 * and have a power level of 70k:
Raskreia lvl 51
Jack lvl 26
Serendi 17
Valkyrie 15
Deborah 28

Other 4 * I have :
Mu lvl 4
Krut lvl 1

I don't have Muzaka because I only started playing last month and wasn't leveled enough to grind him during the Noblesse event.

I have access to two 5 * lvl 70 max skills Jack through the power of ~friendship~ and they're not doing enough DPS in two turns to kill him. I can usually live through turn 3 using Grace at the beginning (he's at maybe 25% by then). But at the beginning of turn 3, my team is either almost dead or he used his slam to knock everyone away and they then die to wolves. Even if I manage to survive the wolves and somehow manage to get back onto the boss, I can't go through the remaining 25% with no Jack and a half-dead team before I wipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Twisted Eye posted:

Seconding how ridiculous this level was. My five 5*s had a hell of a time managing it.

Note that after a few turns, you want to be on the islands, because Full Group Heal potions start to spawn every turn.

I literally only won this map by having the slime launch a lone Raskreia from one potion to another, taking her from sliver HP to full repeatedly while she would slowly tick him down. It was insane.

gently caress this level. I finally beat it with my 4* team using two Hellfires and a lvl 70 5* Jack. I triggered Hellfire on my first turn and built up *just* enough cooperation bar to trigger a second Hellfire on my third turn. Only my Valkyrie was left and almost died to the wolves.

Are there any other bullshit levels like this in Normal?

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

NinjaDebugger posted:

Any set is better than none, even the lovely nepthys sets, generally speaking.

This one is excellent as a sword/brooch combo that gives bonus defense, and you can add the shield and not lose that much, if you'd like the counter rate, higher HP, and some bonus dodge rating.

Who would you put the Phoenix set on?

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Any room in one of the other goon guilds?

My full pubbie guild can only manage 10/20 attendance and it annoys me that I'm missing out on free energy. I do the guild raid every day, but my cheap F2P rear end can only manage an A rating.

Edit: IGN is Omnomnomnomn

Secx fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 19, 2016

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Applied to Overflowtax as Omnomnomnomn

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Does anyone know how much genes you get on average per difficulty level for Lost Island? Also, what's the probability of getting double gene rewards on a level?

Trying to math out how much energy I will need to get and/or max Reina.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Official patch notes are up:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/0728thurs-patch-note/1778946438986334

The new quest system applies to existing players, so hurray for a free 1-3* set!

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Regarding the random sets that you get, are they tied to the black coocoo capsules event? Not sure if it's just a coincidence, but I got the Vulcan Essence from TOD normal and the Wild Desperado from the new quest system.

Both sets are the 3* ones from the capsule event.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Mirror room 2 doesn't follow the normal difficulty curve. I had to wait until I could clear out TOD 50 before I did mirror room 2. The other mirror rooms in normal are much easier. The way I eventually cleared it was by spreading out my heroes so they don't hit each other when they'd eventually get confused, CC (Serendi, Mu, Gillian in my case) and Krut.

As for the gems, the consensus is expeditions to level 10, battle masteries, then support mastery.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Does Dolores passive work in the gold dungeon?

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
After clearing TOD normal for the first time late last month, I was really looking forward to this month's random set.

I got the TOD-only set :effort:

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Speaking of BOH, any tips for this week's lava tube map?

Last week's square map was easy for me to abuse stuns and charms. I managed to finish in the top 9% despite facing full lvl 70 teams with 20k more power than me.

I managed to barely unlock Belle with the rewards. Now to start the grind for Persona :effort:

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Black coocoos no longer for sale after August 18.

I wonder what the new system/gatcha will be.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/aug18thurs-end-of-sales-announcement-black-equipment-capsule/1784226028458375

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Now that I've unlocked Belle, is there any reason for me to keep Mas? Does he bring anything to the table or can I permanently bench him?

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Hodgepodge posted:

They're giving away a 4* set capsule for filling this out, so everyone should probably do that.

This should go in the OP to help new players.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I'm able to do auto-battle and auto-retry while using a lvl 1 Chenny to soak in some XP. My setup in order:

Jack (18)
Krut (52)
Chenny (or anyone that you want to soak XP)
Raskeria (37)
Reina (6)

All 5* except Chenny. The goal is to kill both paper mobs in one turn without Jack. Here's how things go down for me:

Jack will move to the defense tile. Krut will then kill the left most mob in one shot or bring it low enough that a cooperative attack between Krut/Chenny will kill it. Rask/Reina will then kill the right paper mob by themselves. Once both paper mobs are dead, Jack will be able to move towards a Chenny and solo kill both of them by himself. It's usually over by turn 9.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I did it.

I went from zero Chenny genes to acquiring her and maxing all her skills in a weekend. I also got her to 4* level 40 by using her to farm herself (with the help of some scissor coocoos).

I can't imagine how some people did this before they introduced the auto-retry feature.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Helical Nightmares posted:

For clarification which Chenny level is this?

Stage 3.

I saved up a week worth of guild energy rewards, had a Lord level up in-between runs and used up around 7-8 energy pots I think.

The gene fragments have such high variance. Some runs I'd get 5-6 and on others I'd get 32.

Edit: I basically followed this strat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDi9Y-k992c

The team I used is above. The goal is to find a team composition that can clear the two paper mobs on turn 1 and to let Jack do his thing.

Secx fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 15, 2016

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Praise rngesus. I got Defender of the Earth as my free 4* SS set.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Time-Police posted:

also needing a persona merc in overflow tax if anyone has one if not ima try to get on discord tomorrow to get 65 ToD done.

Do you have Lilly and/or Lilid? I did TOD 65 with both of them at 3*. If you only have one of them I can put up the other for you as my merc.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Time-Police posted:

i have lilly

I just put up my 2* Lilid as my merc (Omnomnomn). His skill 3 pull is a 100% chance.

Follow this strat for TOD 65: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_i0gVHAOzY

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
That's how it's supposed to be, I think? You're meant to only have 20 genes after buying her package.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
We did it Overflow goons. For five fleeting minutes, we were kings of the world.

http://imgur.com/a/6MVCC

Secx fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 26, 2016

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Somefool posted:

Why on earth do you have 200k soul stones and 2 books worth of scrolls? :eyepop:

Analysis paralysis.

I think I want soul gears on Serendi, Gillian and Rabboff for their CC, but I can't decide which one to get and max first.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

PFlats posted:

I had a 2-star Sraka murder my Valk yesterday :sigh:

I once had Srakas in stage 1 and 2 of DB insta-kill my top 2 heroes. That was before I learned you can quit the battle to reset this RNG BS.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Which boss monsters did you use Seal on in TOD hard?

The only time I remember it being useful were the Tribal War stages, but I don't think these count as boss monsters.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I finally managed to clear TOD hard floor 105 today, 90min before the reset.

I cleared 106 to 109 + mirror 10, but only had 10 min to learn/clear 110.

I really hope they bring back the Noblesse heroes again. I started playing as the event was drawing to an end so never had a chance to farm their genes. Muzaka and Raziel would be so useful on some of these TOD stages.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I SS'ed lvl 4 with a team of BP 124k without a merc. Highest level was Krut at 70. The rest, Chenny, Celestial, Lee and Lena were between 26 and 59.

Haven't attempted lvl 5 yet.

In TOD news, I finally unlocked Yeka. The consensus is to max her second and passive using perfect genes, right? I have 1900 perfect genes left after maxing Lena's third.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Somefool posted:

If all you plan to do is use Yeka in pve, then all you really need is her 2nd and passive. However I will say that with her 3rd maxed, she's good at autoing and pvp. She more or less has a permanent spot in my pvp team because she can counter counter builds so hard.

Definitely pick up her soul gear wings and try to max it. When Yeka has 100% chance to gain charges, she is absurd at disabling and healing.

If you don't want to use Yeka in everything, spend pgenes on past event heroes you didn't max if any.

Thanks, I will intend to use her in BOH as well. So will purchase her SG wing, staff and max third.

How do you build her for PVP? Defence potentials + brooch for armour?

Also, how many Yeka genes do you get on subsequent TOD hard clears?

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Somefool posted:

:wtc:

Anyway, 2 slots are open for SwdOfLowtax if anyone wants in. Put something SA related in your Word of the Day crap or put your name here otherwise I'm just going to reject the app.

Left guild and waiting 24 hours for the timer (Omnomnomnomn)

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

Mirthless posted:

Ultimate Weapon: Gold Tiger. I uh. Have no idea what to do with this set. I'm guessing this is for PVP?

It's also very useful in PVE if you put it on an Outer Space Belle to help you fully auto some stages (e.g. Chaos Klein).

Speaking of Klein, I finally unlocked him today. What's the skill priority for him? It's gonna be a while before I max him, he requires even more genes than Lee to max :effort:

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Deimos is really good in this BOH bridge map. I have him in slot 2 and he can taunt the enemy's slot 2, 3, and 4 (potentially only 3 and 4 if you go second and how their slot 2 moves).

My team is Yeka, Deimos, Belle and Krut. Yeka in slot 1 allows me to create three charges after my first turn. Then on turn 2, I can water walk and potentially disarm their slot 2, 3, and 4.

Not sure how well it performs on defense though. Cracked the top 100 with only a 113k BP team.

Secx fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 4, 2016

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I feel like I just beat the SwdOfLowtax raid boss

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Halloween patch notes up:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/developers-note-18-halloween/1807739766107001

New Lost Island hero and free 2*, 3*, 4*, 5* x10 pulls for everyone using the new (improved) black coocoos!

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
For Tuesday raid, I found that this double Lee strat worked better for me than the Rabboff/disarm strat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIN7q6H5Kfs

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
You just require an additional pink +9 item to transcend an existing +10 to +11, +12 or +13

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
The Bearman/Mu/Krut at the top and a combination of Nirvana/Nox/Persona/Yeka/Chris at the bottom, aka the Reyson Hellfire strat, feels like the easiest/most reliable.

Did it with naked Bearman, Mu, Nox (4*) and Nirvana (3*), relying solely on my Krut for DPS. Had to respec Lord mastery to High Morale, coop damage and Rock hero dmg to barely beat the 18 turn timer. Probably would've been a turn earlier if I wasn't so lazy in shuffling gear around for the naked heroes, if I bothered to level Nox to 5* and gear him properly or if I used a good Krut merc to help DPS.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Can the Soul Gear (both pieces) resistance break CC like sleep?

I was fighting this team in BOH and I was trying to chain sleep their Yeka. The sleep would go off, but when it take to the other team's Yeka's turn she wouldn't have the sleep effect on her anymore and she proceeded with her turn as usual. I fought that team twice and the same thing happened again. I just couldn't CC the other Yeka.

Edit: I think I just figured it out. The other Yeka probably had Omni.

Edit 2: Another question on debuff cleansing. I sometimes see the other team's Belle third skill clean debuffs, but the skill description doesn't mention anything to that effect. What is going on?

Secx fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 18, 2016

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

NinjaDebugger posted:

Yekaterina is functionally immune to sleep, as her own passive gaining a charge breaks it, and it still triggers under sleep.

Good to know, thanks. I think I never noticed it because the other team's Yeka is usually a high priority target for me in BOH and goes down easily, so she isn't usually a target for me to CC.

Also, does anyone know how the game determines whether your party is "almost equal", at a "slight disadvantage" or "great disadvantage" when revenging in BOH? I've revenged teams that have 30k BP and 20 Lord levels advantage on me, yet it says that we are almost equal. I've then revenged teams that are much closer to me in BP and Lord levels (but they still have the upper hand numerically) and the game would say that my party is at at great disadvantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
If I only use my Lee for Guild Raid, is there any point to me getting the Soul Gear wings? I have the weapon at +8.

He's built purely for Guild Raid: +boss damage % on accessories, haven't really bothered in getting +def, +hp mods on armor and gave him Legacy of High Humans (missing third piece).

• Locked thread