Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
New Kanojo Wa Rokurokubi. Yotchy continues to be great. I wonder what Yokai she is judging by how wide her mouth is.

EDIT:

VVVVV Thank you. Not gonna lie, part of the reason I posted this is because I knew someone would know Yokai better than I do.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Sharkopath posted:

She's a cut mouth woman.

Oh gently caress, I just got the joke behind her twitter poll now.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Was going to mention that it was about time the fan translations caught up because the official English release of volume 1 was like 2 weeks ago, but from checking it looks like these are just scans of said official English release.

On that note, volume 2 of City is supposed to be released in English June 12th.

EDIT: Okay yeah these are just exact scans from the licensed release of Volume 1. Everything from translation to font and way of handling sound effects is exactly the same.

DrSunshine posted:

Oh poo poo it's licensed? Dang, good catch!!

Not only that, but all of Nichijou and the compilations of Keiichi Arawi's side stuff, Helvetica Standard Bold and Italic have licensed releases too. Vertical Comics seem to have just more recently gotten the rights to his stuff and has been speeding through it all to catch up to City.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 13, 2018

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Huzzah! posted:

new Dragon in the Kitchen
dragons are basically cats. They prefer meat, sleep a lot, breath fire.
edit: somewhat beaten

Oh nooooooo! This hits my anxieties about my cat going missing way too hard.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Worth mentioning that Kaiju Girl Caramalise's first volume was recently released in English, so if scanlations end up slowing to a crawl it being licensed would be the reason.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I really like how right out the gate the Bakarina spinoff is demonstrating that reincarnated Katarina is not just the nicest person but also was a very good influence on those around her as she grew up

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

RatHat posted:

Mieruko-chan 23

I'm very curious where the story is going to go from here. Maybe it'll go full battle manga.

That was a real good reveal. It means that the cat spirits that she saw were not vengeful at him but basically teaming up with him or potentially possessing him to drive him to seek vengeance for them. A real good re contextualization that still gets across that he is a pretty dangerous guy, but not at cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Hmm, while the initial concept is kinda neat it really grabbed my interest with volume 2 signifying a character switch, and then following that up for chapter 14 being the start of volume 3 leading to yet another character switch.

I really like the idea that each volume will follow a different character and reveal more of their inner self and what ability they have to further create "mysteries" while explaining who they are deep down. Just the start of volume 3 alone makes me interested in what Zuka's volume will reveal about him