Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Only WHO can prevent forest fires?
This poll is closed.
You 34 16.92%
Me 28 13.93%
I don't know 24 11.94%
heh think i'll START a forest fire soon, if you know what i mean :350: 55 27.36%
:yayclod: 60 29.85%
Total: 119 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Forest fires are serious business. Please take this readiness exam to determine how likely you are to burn our national treasury down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
SCORING GUIDE:

"You": You have selected “you”, referring to me. That is incorrect. The correct answer is you. -5 points

"Me": You have selected "me", referring to me. That is incorrect. The correct answer is you. -5 points

"I don't know": Can anyone really know anything? As it turns out, we can, but not in the way we think we might. -3 points

":350:": hey, are you carrying? could I buy some off of you? my normal guy's been out all drat week. +10 points if you are, -50 if you aren't

":yayclod:" thank you for your participation. +1 points

< -13: You've been automatically diagnosed with pyromania. Your name has been forwarded to your local fire department as a likely suspect in all future arsons.
-13 to -6: Wait, did you select multiple options at once? That's completely inappropriate. Get your head in the game and try again.
-5 to 0: You're a good lad who means well, but you need to study up. Fire season's around the bend soon.
> 0: Good job! Smokey the bear would be proud of you. Please don't hug the bear, he WILL maul you severely.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

chaosbreather posted:

Wait, the World Health Organisation?

You selected, "World Health Organization". That is incorrect. Only you can prevent forest fires.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

chaosbreather posted:

uh so wait what in bush country it's cool to light fires? in the bush? if you do a safety jingle? hahaha holy poo poo this is nra bear

see here in australia we have this thing called a "total fire ban" where its wicked loving illegal to light anything anywhere. that's like our anti-bushfire mascot. it has a safety jingle, too, it's the sound of cities burning to the ground and children dying with their parents screaming in horrible agony. there's a cool publicity campaign for it too; the sky turns red and your dog dies of smoke inhalation from fires hundreds of kilometers away every couple years, it's pretty effective

man can you imagine how loving wicked sick it would look like to see a major downtown core completely engulfed in fire, skyscrapers blazing away

the news can't find anyoen from the insurance agencies to give an estimate of how many hundreds of billions are going up in smoke
because they all chose to stay and die with their companies

twilight of the businessmen

oh uh anyway in america we can still have campfires when we go camping in the forest because we haven't yet become a perma-drought hellscape. although i think at least a couple of fires this year were because of dumbasses running chainsaws during high fire threat levels.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

chaosbreather posted:

Homes are not designed to withstand fires in catastrophic conditions so you should leave early.

lol when is australia going to amend its building codes to basically require homes to be concrete firebunkers

• Locked thread