Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
is anyone else messed up in the head and likes to play old games? doesn't matter if youre on a hdtv or a crt. from ps2 to the computer. hosed up chinese portable emulation thing to regular console. if you think its cool to play ancient video games, well, you're cool with me. let's post boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i havent had time to catch up on a lot of the stuff ive been buying recently. im moving soon. i bought a copy of metal slug 2nd msision for the neo geo pocket color and the seller put a card in the box to try and make me be a mormon

i also bought d, enemy zero and d2, the collected works of kenji eno. he was a cool guy who made weird games and i bought his weird games. he owned sony at a 90s press conference once, enemy zero used to be a ps1 exclusive then at their conference he played a trailer and the ps1 logo turned into a saturn logo and he basically threw up the birds at them live on stage. hes been dead for a while and it sucks i wish he was alive

what i did manage to play though, is mario artist:talent studio for the 64dd. its extremely hosed up. it lets you make people on the n64 and make little movies with them and they all look like monsters because its the n64. you can import models and backgrounds from the other mario artist games too. it comes with a cartridge you plug into the cart port that has composite a/v jacks and a mic jack. lets you capture pictures from video sources, put peoples real life faces in the game. it's hell. i put gamelife andrew in the game

the movie maker part is a lot more dense than the other mario artist games so i dont have any idea how to work it. i need to ask my translator pal for help eventually

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I love my Super Nintendo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Austrian mook posted:

I love my Super Nintendo

same here

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I mod consoles as a home business. Just today, I sold 2 genesis model 1s with s-video and stereo rca, a nomad, and a sega cd model 2. I've got a sweet rear end n64 with an RGB mod and plenty of other poo poo I'm working on. So, yes, I love old rear end videogames and having a genesis everdrive with every single loving game made for that system, ever.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't have any old game stuff but i respect those who do.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

big ups for the ngpc, I'm still trying to complete my collection

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My first system was the GameCube.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Mine was N64. Or gameboy pocket, if we're counting portables.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Mine was the Super Nintendo, followed by the GameCube.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Kazvall posted:

I mod consoles as a home business. Just today, I sold 2 genesis model 1s with s-video and stereo rca, a nomad, and a sega cd model 2. I've got a sweet rear end n64 with an RGB mod and plenty of other poo poo I'm working on. So, yes, I love old rear end videogames and having a genesis everdrive with every single loving game made for that system, ever.

thats cool. ive been thinking about buying a psio but its expensive and i dont have the money right now

net cafe scandal posted:

gamecube was the first system i got on launch day i saved up my allowance for it. i had my mom's nes for my whole life but the first system that was specifically for me was game boy

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

First console was Christmas '93 when I got a Genesis model 2.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

net cafe scandal posted:

Same here, then as a young child I swindled the mean aboriginal girl at my day care out of her super Nintendo by buying it off her mother for twenty dollars.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I have a PS2 hooked up to a crt and cd cases full of good and bad games from a friend. I'm gonna power through 2 Tenchu games, Silent Hill 2, and ico

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i played thru ico hd recently (trying to lighten my backlog...) and i was worried it wouldnt hold up but its still a cool game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

i played thru ico hd recently (trying to lighten my backlog...) and i was worried it wouldnt hold up but its still a cool game

It's a neat and slight game...I like it a lot. The art design makes the castle feel extremely fragile

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I recently bought a ps2 since I never had a Sony console before ps3. It's good stuff, lots of titles that I want to dig into at some point but I started with burnout 3 and dragon quest VIII. Smt3 is next at some point but I'm playing other stuff at the mome.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you can post about retro games anywhere on this forum this is just a thread for you to brag about buying dumb expensive stuff

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

and thats ok

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Next year my project is going to be getting a dreamcast and playing Shenmue and a bunch of pirated crap.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

and thats ok

What am I looking at here

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

I'm so sick in the brain that I bought an AC adapter that powers a Genesis, Sega CD and 32X all at once even though I only have a game or two for the CD/32X that's worth playing

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

idk.. i want one though

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

and thats ok

sick

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

High tech AIDS Centrifuge.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think it's the most badass DJ Hero controller ever but it's probably for a Japanese rhythm game that I don't recognize

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

Mine was the Super Nintendo, followed by the GameCube.

same

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the oldest game console i own is a PS2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'm on my local retro gaming stores call list on the off chance a copy of Rogue Galaxy shows up

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

In Training posted:

pure japonese autism condensed in videogame peripheral form

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Next year my project is going to be getting a dreamcast and playing Shenmue and a bunch of pirated crap.

i have a dreamcast but im too retarded to burn a cd and pirate gamesa for it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i have a dreamcast but im too retarded to burn a cd and pirate gamesa for it

Would you please give it to me,

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Would you please give it to me,

it has chuchu rocket so im never giving it away

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i love the game illbleed on the dreamcast

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I sold my GC to a gaming museum because i'm the only person on my city who has ever owned one instead of the PS2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to go to a gaming museum

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The closest i been was the gaming wing of the MOMA where they have a SFII Turbo machine with really really lovely joysticks and I couldn't even throw a hadouken

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I sold my GC to a gaming museum because i'm the only person on my city who has ever owned one instead of the PS2

Brazil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Lmfao