Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

They will want to do better next season, I think.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also please don't say WEC has "great cars and drivers" when it includes Mark Webber.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

Both WEC and WRC currently suffer from bubble dome syndrome. The cars look uninspiring and I couldn't care less about them. Wasn't there a period of time where the top level of WEC/whatever it was named required you to homologate cars?

There was the GT1 period but the homologation rules were a complete joke.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Alain Post posted:

There was the GT1 period but the homologation rules were a complete joke.

Best example of this: There was a rule that the GT-based cars needed to have enough storage space to store a suitcase. Mercedes put a small hole in an unused area of the chassis, while Toyota successfully claimed that you could store a suitcase in the gas tank.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This is the beginning of great things, for Pastor Maldonado.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope it's yellow.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This will surely not matter to the Red Bull-drinkers who fantasize about Red Bull making a breakaway F1 series about REAL racing and bringing back the 1980s.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren are so bad. What a poor team.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We all hate McLaren, and we can make them go bankrupt by the power of negative thinking. Just imagine McLaren shutting their doors forever and Ron Dennis becoming a recluse. I'm imagining it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't care either. Stop being the guy who tries to tell people that there's no rational reason for them to hate your favorite sports team or hope that they fail. It's sport. Being a fan isn't about rationality.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wow, I can't believe you would say something as ignorant as "I hope United get relegated." It is highly unlikely that an organization with the resources of Manchester United will ever be relegated, barring some sort of financial collapse. What is this fuckshittery?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Please don't lump me with LC, I'm not posting Autosport articles and trying to interpret them into news about how McLaren are done for sure. I just really hope they fail, for the crime of wasting Jenson Button's time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like it when Red Bull loses.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'll be honest, 1998-2000 are the ugliest era of F1 cars ever IMO. these weirdly tall, narrow, blocky things that have absolutely no grace to them. Like jeez.

I don't get it, the noses in those eras were all wrong.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
2009-2013 was bad, but I've liked the 2014-2015 cars so far.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ImplicitAssembler posted:

The whining that season was glorious! Showed just how traumatized he was after the years at Ferrari.

And yet he was the driver who won when the Brawn wasn't the best car anymore. Makes you think.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've made an executive decision that McLaren now owns, and are FTW.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Schumacher was ridiculous in '97, especially in the wet races at Monaco and Spa, where it was like he was on a completely different planet from everyone else. He even spins off at Monaco on his way to winning by a minute, like he was just having fun or something.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wish Ferrari still had their bright yellow pit shirts. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

also honestly I've thought all Ferrari merchandise since they switched to that big blocky faux-Marlboro logo has been ugly

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 19, 2015

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Personally I would rid the sport of all British drivers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dallas was the shittiest circuit imaginable but reportedly would have been a success if not for the promoter taking the money and running.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

That's because red bull did what they do and bought out something old with heritage, stuck their name on the side and are now claiming it as their own. /twitches It's the god drat Österreichring/A1-Ring which has hosted races from 1970-2003 ffs.

Yeah they bought out the heritage of the A1-Ring, which was named after a telephone company

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Austria like, always had sponsored corner names. Like the most iconic corner on the track was the Bosch-Kurve ffs.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Pastor/Alonso at Lotus would be great, but could the team handle two #1 drivers?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
2000, 2003, and even 2001 were good seasons.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
No, it was good. USGP and Japan were excellent races in particular. Not to mention Britain, which was race 11 of 16. What are you talking about.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I need car launches and livery reveals to stop the flood of bad posting.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope Max Verstappen is buried under hundreds of feet of ice and snow.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
America doesn't have separate licenses for automatic transmissions.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
'95 was an odd one, Benetton only had the Renault engines because of Flavio buying out Ligier's Renault contract and Williams were pretty much the Renault factory team then.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Villeneuve FTW.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I legitimately do think he never really got over the Melbourne 2001 crash.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

El Hefe posted:

McLaren sucks

They will be looking to improve on their results from the past few seasons imo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
learnincurve has inspired me to do analytics and crunch the numbers like that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Predicting another great year for Sebby V.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

be nice wicka posted:

you know who refused to drive that car? john surtees.

Apparently Honda asked him to drive it again after Jo died. I wonder what his reaction was.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

He's not really dead. As long as we remember him.

Hell I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

be nice wicka posted:

no one is putting an explosive device of any kind in an f1 car, end of discussion

Stewart-Ford tried it in 1997 with the Ford Zetec.

• Locked thread