Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
I did it! I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Eejit posted:

Welp I've finished shopping and my box is going out tomorrow. I think my biffee is really gonna enjoy it

Same here. I went to so many places within walking/transit distance, then today I finally got a ride and found some bottles. One isn't exactly local (and may get subbed out if I find something else) and one is something I've never tried that only had 1 bottle left, but I think I did OK. I'm kinda miffed that I didn't have the time to go collect growlers, but maybe next time.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

nosleep posted:

I know you're in the NoVa area too, I'm actually excited to see what you sent out. I tried to stick with mostly local stuff but also sent out some regional stuff that didn't go to my BIFee's distro. Sucks some of my favorite local stuff is rotating and not out right now, that I could find anyway (Cafe Royale, Bitter Valentine, Drift).

I saw Cafe Royale in DC and was like "Sweet, I'll grab some in VA for BIF since I'm about to go to a work holiday party and don't want to carry this around :smug:"

That turned out to be a bad call on my part. It's definitely not the season for most of the best local stuff in bottles (although Rhin'o'fest stands out for the style and they do a good DIPA around now iirc).

ChiTownEddie posted:

Can whoever has me please PM me a tracking #?
Will do >_>

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
I didn't have a shipper that was a good fit, so I'm waiting on a new box that should be here around lunch.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
Holy cow, beer Santa @_@

I'm so excited to share some of these with my local drinking buddies. Now I want to have another one of these things so I can step my game up (and maybe during a season when my local breweries are making better stuff).

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

ChiTownEddie posted:

Very freaking cool. I don't think I've had beers from any of the breweries besides Terrapin and they all sound great. Especially excited for the barrel aged Tripel and the Equinox freshly hopped IPA.
Also pretty sure the Gingerbread Stout is getting opened tonight for game night.

I am curious which is the one you have never tried.
\o/

I've never had that RIS or the vanilla variant. It was the last bottle on the shelf, so I took a gamble, but Lickinghole (tee hee, Goochland) hasn't done wrong by me so far. I don't know if I've had this year's Terrapin either now that I realize it's Equinox. That beer is almost always good, though, despite the rotating hops.
I think BBB has a breakdown per-batch at http://www.epicbrewing.com/the-beers/exponential-series/item/635-big-bad-baptist-imperial-stout

I think we have similar feelings about Abraxas et al., so I hope the peppercorn (3 Stars is underrated imo) and gingerbread beers come across with the same balance that I find in them. GBS has been a little varied this year; my last bottle wasn't very gingerbready, but other bottles have been. I wanted to send some Right Proper but couldn't work out logistics in time. I think I lucked out, though, since I got to go by last Thursday and all of the new stuff that was on tap was not great.

sterster posted:

Glad you like. Hopefully you enjoyed the letter stickers and extra bs that was thrown in. You'll have to let me know what you think of some of them. Az has a not so diverse selection of beers so it makes it tough.

I haven't had a bad beer from AZ tbh! I really enjoyed the Refuge IPA growler last night and I'm hoping to open a few more tonight. If I can be good I'm going to save the crowler to share for a friend's bday this week. I'm really intriugued by that and the White Chocolate thing.

e: also I'm stickering all the things.

ChickenArise fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 19, 2015

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
I love that you also sent Vanilla VBB. Was that the second to last bottle???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Merkin Muffley posted:

You're goddamn right it is!

Its really not chili though, but it is delicious. Pour some on a hot dog with mustard and a fuckton of cheese, or on spaghetti with beans and a fuckton of cheese. Raw onion and hot sauce are encouraged.
Every time I get spaghetti instead of macaroni in "chili mac" - :smith:

• Locked thread