Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Brawling is back?! gently caress, I just uninstalled last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
reinstalling now. Down for some stompy robot brawling tonight.

Just so I know beforehand, is my huggin worth keeping? I'm going to try to get a refund on my Grid Iron, but I loved my huggin so goddamn much that I'm going to be a broken man if it can't poo poo out missiles like crazy anymore and I have to return it.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
For the most, part the only people that have a problem with Steam's review system are bad game devs who can't take criticism. so, PGI.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
For the new people: Mechlabing between every match is bad form. Build your robot and stick with it. Mechlab after the group disbands

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Skoll posted:

Alternatively, you can mechlab if you don't take forever. If someone just wants to change one or two things, I don't see the big deal.

yeah if you can get your poo poo done in under a minute or so you're good

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

teepo posted:

the gently caress is this poo poo? there is absolutely nothing wrong with tweaking your builds or outright redoing them and we should be helping the new players ease in. but yea, do everyone a solid and leave if you're going to take awhile.

Holding up 9 other people from shooting butts for 5 mins every single round is bad. I don't know how this is controversial. If you're just adding a laser or tweeking armor or something fine, but get it done quick so everyone else isn't waiting for your indecisive rear end to rebuild your mech every round.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
My favorite cheaters are the ones that use the damage modifiers and insta gibbers. Getting one shot with a single splaser is totally not suspicious.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
How bout just getting the gently caress away from table top rules because they are video game poison. gently caress Russ forever.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

WarLocke posted:

The answer to this is always yes

Did anyone take video of the totem pole stack thing? That was the first that came to mind.

Or Dragon Bowling with Paul(?)

Also there was the night we held Pon Farr on our Kerensky alts, with someone humming the music over comms while we fought 1v1 honoure duels. That was p. stupid

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Knockdowns were awful and I'm glad they're gone :colbert:

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I am going to own bones in a 6mpl penishawk. Well, depending on how hard they nerf it the week before it goes up for cbills that is

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
MWO players seem to get really mad when you point out that the game's population hasn't seen any growth since the steam launch, and that the total number of players online at any given time is about a 10th of similar f2p games. The Stockholm Syndrome is very real.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

taqueso posted:

Does it matter?

no, but it is hilarious

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

so basically a Linebacker?

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
while goons are almost universally never as good at games as they think they are, there is also a ton of helios hacking going on in MWO. I see at least one obvious wallhacker/aimbotter for every 2 hours I play.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Kazvall posted:

AFTER 4 GOD drat YEARS JUST PUT THE MUMBLE INFO IN THE OP WHO GIVES A GOOD GOD drat WE HAVENT HAD A J4G IN 3 YEARS

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

The Repo Man posted:

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/722260575342886913

Bloop: http://mwomercs.com/news/2016/04/1525-patch-notes-1465-19apr2016

My sole takeaway is that we need to take and hold Butte Hold with the WoL tag for the sole purpose of generating MC from the Butte.

Hey this is almost what they promised to deliver -- what, 5 years ago? Sounds pretty good. I'm actually gonna fire up my game tomorrow and shoot butts and get drunk. Probably not in that order. Should be good times since even if it sucks we'll probably be rolling with a large number of goons in mumble tomorrow night which is always fun.

Anyway, are we actually going to be an somewhat organized unit again? This seems like it's close to what we were preparing for back in the days of KDR Squad and BroPoc and OPSEC :ssh: .

I really hope this isn't poo poo, but you know, :pgi: and all, so I'm setting my expectations pretty low.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Got the itch to play stompy Roberts again. Have I missed anything huge in the last 12 months? Is the game still a misguided mess that's only fun to play drunk and in mumble?

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I prefer the stealth tk where you gun them down from 600m while they're in the middle of a firefight

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Is there a reason we don't have the mumble info in the OP?

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Finally tried out machine guns for the first time since the buff. Goddamn, they are no joke anymore. I basically waited around for half the match in an ember, then just went ballistic loving up anybody with open armor and stealing all the kills. Machine guns tear through open components fast as poo poo now. Gonna have to rethink a few loadouts.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Phrosphor posted:

I feel like ttk is really really fast, sometimes making one mistake results in almost instant death. It means that nobody really wants to be the focus, so everyone sort of shuffles in and out of the line of fire and it doesn't feel very mechwarrior. I always thought that the job of assaults was to weather that focus fire so that the rest of their team can get a chance to shoot, but even the heaviest assaults get melted in seconds.

Basically I am not really having any fun, I was hoping for a lot more. Closed beta is still the best meta game.

I've been saying forever that all PGI really needs to do is double the armor and ammo values in their xml and this game is 100x better. Plus it slows down the cbill gain which was what PGI wanted when they nerfed cbill gains a while back without the psycological effect of feeling cheaped out that nerfing cbill gains had.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Artificer posted:

Yeah. I remember closed beta. Man those were some dark times.

I think you mean rad times. The no engine cap super lunchback was the greatest mech ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Brawling is back? How are lights now - specifically the Huggin, cheater, and RVN 2X? Should I reinstall if I love medium mech brawl fests?

• Locked thread