Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
I'd like the Zuikaku, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Seriously though, whatever happened to that big China offensive that was supposed to surround their headquarters there?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Great M4 post, Jobbo. I'm curious, is there actually any record of what happened when a shell hit one of those sandbag/track/concrete jury-rigged armors?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

My grandfather was Franco.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Has anyone played War in the West?

Only kind of related: I'm looking for something kind of in between this game and the normal Paradox-type games I play. Can be any time period but I want something that's more fun than work.

Love: battles, OOB, generals with stats, UIs designed by a human with feelings

Hate: stats for camshaft production, modern warfare, graphics worse than War in the Pacific

Any suggestions?

Ultimate General: Gettysburg and UG: Civil War might be what you're looking for

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

RA Rx posted:

I think that was an interesting human anecdote.
Its shocking US officers would explicitly order warcrimes.

I'm pretty sure Curtis LeMay was a US officer, so I'm not sure why it would be shocking

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Did the British ever have a natively-built/designed dive bomber?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairey_Barracuda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Do carrier pilots start to degrade in performance if they have to keep making daily strikes/sorties?