Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

now that we've all settled on a medical diagnosis for bowe, the real discussion can begin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

now that we've all settled on a medical diagnosis for bowe, the real discussion can begin
Yes, that being does he also wear a fedora

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I'll never get sick of that lady struggling to say mail chimp.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

"I use Mailchimp"
"You DO!?!?!?!!!!"

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

an AOL chatroom posted:

"I use Mailchimp"
"You DO!?!?!?!!!!"

The fact that she was so loving shocked someone actually uses it tells you all you need to know about Mail Chimp.

CONSTANT CONTACT FOR LIFE.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

It's a little kid, not a lady.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDnN0PhCmCA

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I always felt "use-a mailchimp" guy was very underrated, I picture a tiny old italian man doing a little hand gesture as he says it

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

ive always pictured it as adnan's old uncle who runs a little shop of some kind :)

and yeah this is the s2 thread but the 3 mini episodes about adnan's appeal hearing thingy were pretty interesting! asia mcclane took the stand! they're arguing about cell phone towers again!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Adnan did it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Have there been any interesting pieces comparing how Islam is presented in both seasons yet?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Adnan did it.

Nobody cares.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jurgan posted:

Nobody cares.

The fact that there's a Season 2 of Serial suggests otherwise.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Adnan, the murderer, will rot in prison and then hell

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

ive always pictured it as adnan's old uncle who runs a little shop of some kind :)

and yeah this is the s2 thread but the 3 mini episodes about adnan's appeal hearing thingy were pretty interesting! asia mcclane took the stand! they're arguing about cell phone towers again!
You mean the uncle who could disappear you to Pakistan? Just like Bowe was disappeared?
Wait a minute...

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

To clarify: whenever the issue of Adnan's guilt comes up on this thread, it turns into a pointless broken record of people repeating the talking points they've memorized. No one here cares to hear your thoughts on the case, because everyone's mind is made up at this point. Move on.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It is pretty impressive they managed to land a second season of a podcast.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Adnan did it.

Nope. I did it. I framed adnan.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Today's episode makes it clear that Bowe is the best argument against homeschooling your kids ever.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

What a loving weirdo he is. BE NORMAL

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Hahaha I'm dying!

Yeah this episode kinda confirms my working theory that Bowe is something of an emotionally stunted flake who should have never been allowed in the army in the first place. At the end of this episode I was left thinking "of course he wigged out."

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

What a loving weirdo he is. BE NORMAL
He was a supreme gentleman kayla says...

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

The story about him getting random people to sign a chicks card. Come on bro. Be normal. That's not getting you laid

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I liked how Kayla basically describes him as wanting to be Batman

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Season 2 is a good podcast. Beau is a loving trainwreck.

And I kind of hate how much I relate to him.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
Did this guy seriously hide weapons around a tea shop like he's Dwight Schrute

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

grapecritic posted:

Did this guy seriously hide weapons around a tea shop like he's Dwight Schrute

Someone posted this on reddit

http://i.imgur.com/G6yMrQW.gifv

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

rotinaj posted:

Today's episode makes it clear that Bowe is the best argument against homeschooling your kids ever.
As soon as that came up, my immediate thought was: "Oh, of course he was. This all makes perfect sense now."

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Helter Skelter posted:

As soon as that came up, my immediate thought was: "Oh, of course he was. This all makes perfect sense now."

I was checking boxes off on my "Are you a sperglord" bingo card as I was listening and I think I got bingo 4-5 times.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Oh, you mean how he wanted to be a kung-fu master, a samurai and is a big Ayn Rand fan?

Amazing. The podcast should've opened with this goldmine.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Episodes 7 and 8 are weapons-grade Spergdahl

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
If there is nothing else that explains why Bowe walked away from his outpost, it's the hiding weapons thing, homeschooling, and the fact that her loves Ayn Rand.

Welp, there we go. Got it. That's why he walked off. Those three things explain his brain.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

rotinaj posted:

If there is nothing else that explains why Bowe walked away from his outpost, it's the hiding weapons thing, homeschooling, and the fact that her loves Ayn Rand.

Welp, there we go. Got it. That's why he walked off. Those three things explain his brain.

What's funny about it all this isn't making much sense to Sarah and she going to wax on like, "I..don't... know... maybe... he is lieing.. I just don't know!" when its crystal clear to all of us.

This could have all be prevented if he had a computer with Eve on it and/or ANIME!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Now that This is all starting to come together I actually think anyone with Aspergers should be sent to be captured by the taliban

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

VagueRant posted:

Oh, you mean how he wanted to be a kung-fu master, a samurai and is a big Ayn Rand fan?

Man, the waves of "now I get it" when she revealed that the title of the group e-mail was "WHO IS JOHN GALT". But yeah, the weird descent of "he wanted to be a WW2 soldier - an 1800s soldier - a samurai - a kung-fu master".

He's like the Venn Diagram intersection of a few key internet dork archetypes.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Was I imagining this, or did he also want to figure out things like morality, interpersonal relationships, and what it means to be a man, basically all on his own 'pure' study, making dumb social experiments and starting ethical arguments with friends instead of just asking questions, reading books, and seeking answers? Because this kind of stubborn approach--in which you start from square one and basically never leave it--is very similar to at least a couple of people I know.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

It is absurd how retarded he is

Thinking he should be some Kungfoo hero type soldier. Dude get a grip

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Now that This is all starting to come together I actually think anyone with Aspergers should be sent to be captured by the taliban
It actually could be the cure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

doctorfrog posted:

Was I imagining this, or did he also want to figure out things like morality, interpersonal relationships, and what it means to be a man, basically all on his own 'pure' study, making dumb social experiments and starting ethical arguments with friends instead of just asking questions, reading books, and seeking answers? Because this kind of stubborn approach--in which you start from square one and basically never leave it--is very similar to at least a couple of people I know.
I dunno, if he never got the chance to do that poo poo as a kid or a teen, it sort of makes sense. I mean, that is the stuff you figure out by practice.

On the other hand, his whole "I will join the men in the bonding experience of smoking - with my pipe" suggests he maybe kept that up.

• Locked thread