Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

It's definitely interesting to get a deep dive on Bergdahl's story, even if the eventual conclusion is "Wow, this guy is a loving moron."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I think the show is already past a lot of that surface stuff, but I do hope we come around to the political reactions eventually. That stuff will be more interesting once we have a more in depth view of Bergdahl and the entire situation he put himself and the army in.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Kelly posted:

People were showing up at Jay's grandmother's house, the high school - it was insanity. Reddit's only real 'contribution' was creating such a toxic environment that they scared NPR into making this season very milquetoast compared to S1.

That's maybe the one benefit to doing such a high profile case this season; Bergdahl's situation was already an insane shitshow before Sarah Koenig got there.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

pipes have a longer, richer place in military history than cigarettes
:goonsay:

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I always felt "use-a mailchimp" guy was very underrated, I picture a tiny old italian man doing a little hand gesture as he says it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

The way I understood it, the Haqqanis were associates of the Taliban and worked for them, but also acted on their own. Bowe probably never met an actual Taliban member during his capture, but the Taliban were the ones the US negotiated with. Unless you're doing a multi-part podcast explaining the details of Bowe's capture, it's just easier to say "Bowe was captured by the Taliban."

• Locked thread