Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I dunno if I can listen to this season, being former army

if you've been deployed you are intimately aware how stunningly, AMAZINGLY retarded on every conceivable level Bergdahl's plan is and how none of it makes any real sense. it sucks too because his stated reason is totally loving justified - leadership in combat zones can be and often is lethally poor, and there's very little recourse for actual grunts to point this out or whistleblow. its just he chose the single worst possible way to do it

also the IED "gift" thing might be the single dumbest loving thing i've ever heard. oh, you ghosted out and had us scramble at least four separate militaries and two separate governmental organizations, with enough O-grades to court martial you ten times over, to look for you, wasting hundreds (possibly thousands) of man-hours and millions of dollars. But you found an IED, things that are loving EVERYWHERE in a combat deployment, so you know. All good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

this season was bad right

I quit at the end of episode one

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm a vet and I didn't want to hear about bergdahl from a combination of not wanting to hear the lurid details of the life of a braindead retard's faux navy seal bullshit and that it sounded like an immensely uninteresting case conveyed in the most boring way possible

And I'm the exact target demographic that should've eaten this poo poo up

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

maybe! most other vets i know really like military-related stuff, i usually can't handle it unless it's super super good like Generation Kill or something

this really wasn't, is my point

• Locked thread