Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Wake_N_Bake posted:

I don't even know what's going on with this post.
Not sure.

Anyway it's brave of them to not just do true crime again, I'll reserve my opinions until the whole season is done, although I do admit I kind of loved hearing those courtroom recordings. Such interesting stuff. If only Bowe was a wigger it'd be at least a little nostalgic. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

In episode 2 Sarah Calls the Taliban

In episode 3 Sarah Calls the ghost of General George washington to discuss the US Military

In episode 4 Sarah Calls god to find out which religion is right.
In episode 12, cell phone towers are unable to conclusively put God at the scene of the founding of the Taliban.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
A new report indicates Pakistani families have been known to disappear their young sons who perform honor killings...INTO THE TALIBAN (this is not about Islam, it is about their culture!!!)
Maybe Bergdahl has the smoking gun on this Adnan business and it's the only reason Sarah began this charade :tinfoil:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
WAIT A loving MINUTE...does Bowe Bergdahl have an alibi for the 13th of January, 1999?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
As someone who likes to use podcasts as sleep aids, Serial S2 has changed my world. Have some respect

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Serial season 2 is bad and it just got worse.
Yeah, I didn't mind the infodumping of the last episode, it was interesting...but with the narrative pace, slowing down the update rate is just killer for me.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

I bailed after episode 2. I wouldn't be surprised if this season saw a 90% drop in listenership.
No worries. She's driving to Baltimore.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I don't mind the show this season tbh, it is simultaneously entertaining, interesting, and a prodigious sleep aid, three important bonus points about a podcast.
really, I just miss Cristina Gutierrez's voice and want to hear her weird singsong droning on about Bowe
If only she were still alive we could hire her to defend Bowe

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

ive always pictured it as adnan's old uncle who runs a little shop of some kind :)

and yeah this is the s2 thread but the 3 mini episodes about adnan's appeal hearing thingy were pretty interesting! asia mcclane took the stand! they're arguing about cell phone towers again!
You mean the uncle who could disappear you to Pakistan? Just like Bowe was disappeared?
Wait a minute...

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

What a loving weirdo he is. BE NORMAL
He was a supreme gentleman kayla says...

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I liked how Kayla basically describes him as wanting to be Batman

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Now that This is all starting to come together I actually think anyone with Aspergers should be sent to be captured by the taliban
It actually could be the cure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I agree on preferring the tone and feel and structure/organization of the first season though I was never really into that Adnan driving simulation episode, kinda boring hearing them quip and drive and then come to a vague conclusion

Koenig should've done a repeat of that and simulated Berg's Magical Desert Adventure Route though

It's true that a lot of the magic of the first season was the host having Adnan at her call, those audio tapes of Bowe were just eh and he doesn't seem like the most interesting dude to talk to anyway

I didn't hate the season or anything though. It definitely didn't live up to my enormous "oh poo poo another season of serial?? What could it be about??" pre hype but I didn't like theatrically/smugly despise it like it feels some people did. It was okay. I listened to it to the end. That's something.
It was a GREAT sleep aid :thumbsup:

• Locked thread