Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Loved season one so much, and I'm listening to season 2 with a guy who served in the 90's who's provided pretty decent insight already. Going week to week with this is going to suck whereas I was able to binge season one in a couple days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
A good episode and I can't wait to see where this story goes.

Season 1 I didn't have the "pleasure" of following along with the internet sleuths, and binged it all over a couple days. I found the story compelling, and figured there wouldn't be a tidy resolution. The story was just as compelling as this one will be for entirely different reasons. Going week to week is going to be hard as hell.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Another cool episode. It's incredibly hard to empathize with an escape situation because it all seems so surreal. Really compelling episode though.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Disappointed no new episode this week, but I've enjoyed it thoroughly so far and can't wait for next week.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I didn't listen to S1 till well after it had all finished, and in a way I'm glad. While it would be fun to ride the zeitgeist along with everyone else, if everyone was trying to internet-sleuth the case, that sounds like the most insufferable thing in the world to me.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Feels like this episode is finally doing the "zoom out and see the bigger picture" clusterfuck that was promised in episode one. What a mess.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Iron Crowned posted:

Like anything since January 21, 2009, it boils down to the fact that Obama is the president.

:rolleyes:

Happy Hedonist posted:

I wasn't impressed with this episode. Kim, or whatever her name is, seems like she's full of poo poo. How the hell does someone else cancel your visa, unless it's a government agency?

Jesus Christ...

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
My ex MP friend was aghast that the officer guy would swear in reference to the pictures of the platoon guys digging the trench without their armor on. He continuously calls bullshit on everything but I think he thinks the military is the same as it was in 1991 or whenever he served.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I'll never get sick of that lady struggling to say mail chimp.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Hahaha I'm dying!

Yeah this episode kinda confirms my working theory that Bowe is something of an emotionally stunted flake who should have never been allowed in the army in the first place. At the end of this episode I was left thinking "of course he wigged out."

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Yeah this episode was fascinating. My coworker and I were kinda left speechless after. There's nothing to really say, the whole thing is such a mess.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

turevidar posted:

The peak of this season was the Bowe profile halfway through.

Yeah hiding weapons Dwight Schrute style was amazing.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I'm checking my notes here and I don't see anything that says Bowe was even held by the taliban? Did this even happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I probably enjoyed season 1 more, but I appreciated season 2 way more for the issues it covered. One was a tighter narrative, two raised issues that would have never seen the light of day had Serial not covered it.

Plus there's the whole lack of obsessive spergs stalking anyone that makes season 2 better.

• Locked thread