Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
This thread is up early. Not that I'm complaining, helps me start overthinking who I'm going to keep and who I'm not.

Spoeank posted:

In that case I would probably stick with what you have. I don't like Conforto so much but I like him compared to Ortiz and Santana. Ortiz finished hot but that guy straight up could not get around on lefties for the first half of 2015.

Edit:
And since we're doing keepers, I have to keep three hitters and three pitchers, a bunch of my keeper contracts expired (three years max). Waiver players are last round picks. 7x7 H2H with H & TB and L (:barf:) and K/BB

Anthony Rizzo, 7 (last year)
Miguel Sano, W
Kyle Schwarber, W

Patrick Corbin, W
Carlos Martinez, W
Marcus Stroman, W

Bold is what I'm thinking now, but I haven't done much other than from the gut. I, too, just stream pitchers off the wire.

I'll just redraft Smyly anyway because I just can't quit him.

Odorizzi is probably a better option than Patrick Corbin since half his starts are in the Trop rather than Chase Field.

And while I'm here, I might as well ask for suggestions about my keepers. I can keep up to five players; waiver players are 25th round picks (going up a round each if I keep more than one), it's a 10 team 6x6 (with OPS and H) H2H. What I've definitely decided on is:

Nolan Arenado (15th)
Todd Frazier (21st)
Jacob DeGrom (23rd)
Noah Syndergaard (W)

And then I've narrowed down my last choice to one of the following:

Francisco Lindor (W)
Sonny Gray (8th)
Anthony Rendon (18th)
Jackie Bradley Jr. (W)
Stephen Piscotty (W)

I'm leaning towards Lindor or Gray, and more toward Gray because I think this is the last year I can keep Arenado and Frazier and Gray would definitely help me win this year.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Monday_ posted:

Looking for someone to take over a team in my keeper league. 10 teams, 6x6 H2H, categories are R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, K, SV, Holds, ERA, WHIP. Keeper rules are keep up to 5 players, no 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders, 2 rounds of inflation per year, and you can only keep a guy twice.

You can take a look at all the teams here. The team you'd be taking over is Charlie's Hustlers.

PM me or email me at monday4k@gmail.com if you're interested.

That keeping a guy twice thing is really unfortunate for me; Arenado (15th), Frazier (21st), and deGrom (23rd) are all going to be ineligible to keep after this season.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Well, about 24 hours before the draft in one league, important plans came up and now I have to autodraft. I set it not to draft 50 dudes it might be thinking of drafting, but who knows what'll happen. I guess, no matter what, I get to keep Arenado, Frazier, Syndergaard, deGrom, and Lindor with late round picks, so hopefully it won't go too bad.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Moneyball posted:

When's the draft? If you're trusting, maybe I could fit the draft in tomorrow. If it's ESPN I think you can set a second owner. No idea if they can draft though.

Change of plans anyways thanks to the weather, I can draft now! Not that it really matters; the last time I autodrafted I got 3rd in a 12 team league, in an auction draft.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Depending on the type of break I think I heard 3-6 months, so if it's anything but "simple" then yeah probably :smith:

At least he was only my 9th pick :v:

I'm pretty happy with the team anyway (5th pick, 10 team h2h 6x6 with ops and holds, keepers are last year's round +2, can't keep anyone more than twice, rounds 1-3 can't be kept ever)

Obviously I'm going to fill out the team with the DL spots that will start opening up tomorrow.

I'm in the same league, and strangely enough, I'm actually happy with my team for once as well:

Not quite as many homers as I'd like, since most of the good OF's went quicker than I'd like, but I think I made up for it in steals and pitching.

e: I still can't believe Trout fell to 5th. You lucky bastard.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 3, 2016

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Missed on picking up Gregerson on first-day waivers thanks to using the waiver on Trevor Story.

Do you guys think Drew Storen will be a good holds candidate this season? I'd probably drop Andrew Cashner for him.

e: One of him, Yelich, or Khris Davis, if I did.

It's a 10-team H2H, standard 5x5 + OPS and HLD.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Well, I'm the guy who started Shawn Tolleson, Collin McHugh, and Andrew Cashner yesterday.

My ERA went from 2.10 to 5.22 in the span of 5.1 innings.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I had him and Syndergaard going tonight.

Yeah, that was good.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Shout out to the guy who dropped Michael Conforto when he was hitting .214, he's gonna be a hell of a keeper in the 25th round.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I'm the dip that benched Jake Odorizzi today by accident. Oops.

Also, Alex Colome was a hell of a pickup, dude's been on fire recently, and I can't see why he would lose the closer's job once Boxberger is healthy.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I would've won WHIP and ERA this week if I hadn't accidentally benched Odorizzi again. :smith:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Picked up Dozier as a free agent this week, promptly hits two home runs today.

Though I was already winning every offensive category this week by far. Miggy's 4 homers and like 8 separate dudes stealing bases sure helped.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

The gently caress league are you in that Dozier was still a free agent?

I think I'm facing you this week in that league. Is your team Yellow Fever, in the AW/Joe V league?

e: Some guy dropped him right before the break, I picked him up on the 23rd.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Welp, I accidentally benched Odorizzi, Pomeranz, and Eickhoff tonight.

Sure hope that doesn't bite me in the rear end.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I still can't believe Dozier was unowned in my league in the middle of July. 21 homers in the 41 games he's played since I picked him up.

I have Miggy, too. :swoon:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Beautiful.

They were 0-30 at one point, but Brian Dozier had to get a hit...

Thanks to the nature of H2H that didn't affect my chances of getting a bye at all.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

You know, I figured Thor vs. the Braves would be a good start to the playoffs.

Turns out Jharel Cotton was actually a good pick up though.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

And of course, because it's the playoffs for my team, Thor gets strep throat.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Let's see, playoffs time rolls around, of course all my players get injured.

Johnny Cueto, Noah Syndergaard, Jacob deGrom, Starling Marte, Gregory Polanco, and Wilson Ramos all have missed significant time or got injured during the two weeks of my playoff matchups.

e: Harvey, Brantley, and Story also all exploded earlier in the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I got Sale and Eickhoff going today, that should be enough to clinch the bronze medal in the league I'm in.

Keepers should be excellent; I can hypothetically keep Dozier, Syndergaard, Strasburg, Lindor, and Story all with 20th round picks or later.

• Locked thread