Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Pretty excited that this cool thread for cool guys is up so soon. Anyone know a good site for auction values so I can decide my keepers? The ones I found on Google seem to be uh, not very accurate. Also, should I be keeping Lindor for 5 bux when I can only keep 3 players, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I like drafting during Wrestlemania, we did it last year in the Goon Nuclear Softball league and I finished 2nd. Was good fun! Hope we do it again this year ;)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Moneyball posted:

ESPN is open. Mock drafts aren't running yet though.

They are on Yahoo. Good thing is if they don't fill up they just put bots in. Maybe not a good thing...

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
10 team H2H auction, 6x6, standard plus OPS and QS. 3 keepers, $260 budget. I am leaning towards Stanton, EE and Blackmon, but Kluber seems to be a good value. What would you guys recommend?

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 29, 2016

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
260, just came back to edit that in.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Moneyball posted:

I was looking at Martinez' keeper cost too. Is there inflation in keeper prices?

Kluber at 9
Lindor at 5
Martinez at 5

That would be a nice looking trio in a few years.

EE, Kluber, and either Blackmon or Martinez would be good though.

4bux for under 39, 5 over. These are the keeper costs for this year. I like your idea, I had been thinking Lindor all off-season and all those guys would be a total of $19 would let me really control the draft board. Never been a fan of pitching, but this sounds good, thanks!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Going to drop Stanton, I will buy a big bat and save the keeper spot. I am leaning EE, Kluber, and Martinez because Blackmon isn't that under priced according to what I have seen. Can probably get Lindor for 10-15 bux if I want him, will just see how the draft plays out. Thanks guys!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Picked up RICH HILL and sent out a feeler on what the Story owner would want, wheeling and dealing!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
On Yahoo if you just leave your RP slots empty will you get extra bench slots? Last year I rolled with RP's that started, but they weren't the best. Can I just trade/drop them and pick up 2 starters for my bench since they will probably be better?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Matz with a serviceable 7.27 ERA for the week after today's gem.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Dropped Ian Desmond for Will Meyers, get Desmond in your lineup boys!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
RICH HILL! Rode him last postseason and picked him up a few weeks ago, couldn't be more excited!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Give: Matz

Get: Brantley, A Eaton

If I did this I would have to drop someone: W Myers, C Carter or a one of my lower level pitchers. Would you accept this trade, 6x6 QS and OPS 10 teamer. I think Matz might be really good so I am leaning towards no.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
OK, gonna mash, he wants to have a roster full of Mets so is overpaying because I haven't taken his other offers, good deal!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Schweinhund posted:

I'd rather have Wil Myers than any other guy in that deal right now. He's playing well and has upside. Brantley is probably broken. Eaton is mediocre.

I dropped Carter. I have 3 guys on DL/NA so going to have to drop even more soon.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
They have both been sitting in FA for weeks in my 10 team league.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Should have never done that trade of Matz for Eaton and Brantley, thanks guys! Then I dropped Carter to make the trade happen and then Jay Bruce, Castillo and Perkins because gently caress saves. Also dropped Desmond the day he started doing good again.

e; down 7 dongs already and blown out across the board in offense, so long 2nd place :(

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

euphronius posted:

I have a secret good starter for you all whose on the ww:

Chris Tillman.

Thank me later

Heck ya Tillman Bro, I was in for his good start earlier this week!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Doghouse posted:

Matz start getting skipped because of elbow soreness :cripes:

Glad I traded him!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I like this Berrios guy, too bad he isn't on my team, but rather my opponents.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
RICH HILL does it again, the absolute madman!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I'd rather have an open roster spot than all 3.

Sometimes after I drop someone, before I pick up his replacement I fill out my DL spots with guys from the wire. Causes problems when they come off and you can't make any moves without getting them off DL and you have to drop someone to do that. Quite a pickle, but if you aren't utilizing ALL roster spots, are you even really trying?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Who would you plug in for Votto at IF/UTIL if you have that? I kinda of like the deal, but I always make bad trades.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

DoctaFun posted:

More of a 'drafting pitchers can be dumb' situation.

Yep, last year I spent all my bux on bats, got lucky on the wire and streaming pitchers, most of the streamers turned out to be good so I kept them on. This year I kept Martinez and Kluber so felt I had to go in on pitching, got Hernandez, Salazar, and Ross (RIP). My streamers that are being kept for now are RICH HILL, Tillman, Nelson, and Roark, I have a few others that I burn through to try to get 2 start weeks. Basically don't pay for pitchers. My offense is holding me back even though it is good on paper and I am in 8th, after being in 1st or 2nd all last season. Gonna post my roster soon for advice because I have good players and shouldn't be this bad.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
He is going for the Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn look I think.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Is Yahoo scoring not working for anybody else? It was working when I went to bed last night but today it doesn't have any scores for Saturday games for anyone in the league and has X's by all the players showing they didn't play.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Looks fixed now :)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Why does Castillo have so many days off? He only has 39 GP so far, is this going to be a problem going forward if I drop Molina for him?

Also, should I drop Castro and pick up Russell?

Thanks!

e; 6x6 (OPS and QS) 10 team H2H

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Doltos posted:

My one team has Springer, Harper, Betts, Polanco, Upton, Zobrist, and Brandon Belt and not a single team in the league will trade for one of my OFers. I'm not even asking that much either.

Also there's a dude who's made 116 moves already and we're just starting June. Anyone want to do an over/under bet on 250 moves by the end of the season?

I lead my league with 30 moves, but we can only do 4 a week. I would say the over, but from my experience streaming pitchers, a lot of them caught on with my team and I kept them around. I am going over but at +130.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I am going to need to clear up some roster space soon. Since I never win steals and rarely AVG, A: is there any market for Starlin Castro and B: is cutting him to play Eugenio Suárez as my full time SS a horrible idea since I live by the dingers and that is what drives my offense? Also, any market for DJ LeMahieu and or Adam Eaton in a 10 team 6x6 (OPS and QS) H2H?

e; could move DJ or Starlin to 2B and try to trade Kipnis, if that is a better idea.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Eaton is a FA in several of my 12 teamers.

Good trades gone bad, him and Brantley for Matz. Kinda wish Pence was gone the whole season because I have to sit him on the bench until a DL spot opens up.

Going to have to talk to DDP for some playoff advice again soon since I am basically going to go 6-6 against a good team and anything else is luck.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 9, 2016

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

DoctaFun posted:

I'm matched up against the guy with 2 start Scherzer this week :(.

My guy already has 6 dingers :(

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

The Pussy Boss posted:

Drop W. Castillo for Russel Martin? Y/N

I would only because he takes a lot of days off, that is what I found when looking at dropping Molina for him, ended up adding Vogt instead.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

DeepDickPizza posted:

Ugh. Benched Tillman in roto because I was scared of the Red Sox offense. Of course he throws six scoreless with seven strikeouts and a .83 WHIP. drat you, baseball.

Tillman is a made man on my roster off the heap, Volquez and Nelson maybe I should reconsider, got 2 streaming spots open after the DBacks pitcher went to the pen. Gonna give those 2 another week and hope another streamer can catch on.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Doltos posted:

Belts still a pussy tho.

Better rub some dirt on it and play today for me though.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Picked up Zimmerman after he cleared waivers, cool!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Well an easy series blowout turned into far from a sure thing when I woke up this morning because of my opponents 6 dingers late last night. Silver lining is a wild RICH HILL appears ready to start out of nowhere, gonna throw him out there bc my ratios are shot anyway.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

jabro posted:

Not only are you going to lose to a guy who is starting mostly Mets but also Prince Fielder and Alex Gordon.

I deserve whatever I get because I am an idiot and cut Desmond after like 2 weeks.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

jabro posted:

Not only are you going to lose to a guy who is starting mostly Mets but also Prince Fielder and Alex Gordon.

LOL, I didn't think I would lose, more like 7-5, but I am down 3-9, could go 2-9. What team are you and do you want to be a buyer for a keeper, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

jabro posted:

Sorry I didn't answer this. I was working on a trade with someone else. Just got accepted but if you want to deal we'll revisit in a couple of days after this one goes through.

Woah, that is a doozy, you getting or giving Trout/Harper?

• Locked thread