Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

In dynasty I would probably take Correa third after Trout and Harper.

If Pederson would figure out the strikezone is not Dodger Stadium I could see him jump to 10-15. Right now he isn't worth to be drafted as a starter.

McCutchen RIP

Blackmon is about 8 places too low if he can keep it up for a whole season.

I would like to say Abreu can get better but he is already 28.

We need to do a roster draft for this season. Whoever you draft you are stuck with for the while season. No waivers, free agents, or trades. Ride that poo poo out. We did one for football and it was awesome. Even with Spacejung cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

Does this mean I can start wondering who to keep in my keeper leagues now :v:

I did that 5 months ago. Yay being out of it since the All-Star break!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Don't worry, guys. I sent an email reminder to the commish for our 10 player keeper league.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Zack Godley. Playing over his head or one of those guys that finally figured it out and will be a 1 or 2 starter?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Doghouse posted:

Can someone point me to a fantasy baseball league that would be good for beginners? I got pretty into baseball last year and it seems like fun, but I don't really know where to begin

Just join an ESPN pubby league or a goon redraft league. I wouldn't suggest a keeper league right now, especially one that has been going for awhile. Keep it simple until you feel you know player values better. Also, keep it to two leagues at the most. Maybe have one be a weekly lineup league and another a daily so you don't feel overwhelmed. New goon leagues will probably start popping up later this month or next.

Also any questions you have, no matter how minor or stupid you think they are, ask here. Most guys here are pretty knowledgeable and offer great advice even if they are playing in your league.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Semi-related, I was thinking of ruining a League of Futility, where you get penalised for your players doing good things, but get points for errors, strikeouts, hitting into double plays etc, so even people who don't have huge fantasy knowledge can do well.

A worst player league is actually harder. You've heard of Trout, Goldy, Harper, etc. and know where they stand in fantasy. But who is better for a suck league: Ryan Howard or Pablo Sandoval?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Moneyball posted:

Nick Punto Memorial league

Represent!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Moneyball posted:

And then someone on the league message board posts:

Authorities responded to reports of crime in the vicinity of a Yahoo fantasy baseball league. Upon arrival, the officers were aghast at the gory crime scene. Apparently, a grizzled old fantasy veteran smoothly slipped a dagger into the ribs of a fantasy n00b and absconded with the consensus pick for 2016 rookie of the year and MVP contender Carlos Correa leaving in its place, a facsimile of fair value in the rapidly declining husk of Jose Bautista. The n00b bled out on the spot, all the while thinking that he had gotten the better of the deal. Eyewitnesses say that the n00b was quite surprised when they tried to point out that he was bleeding. He last words were "Huh....How'd that happen?"

Reply that the noob not only supplied the dagger but also the best place to stab him with it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Does anyone have a particular favourite among the big sites (espn, yahoo, mlb.com, any other that I've overlooked) for running a League for your friends? Do any have particular advantages etc?

It's down to personal preference really. I always preferred ESPN and now even more so since Yahoo has a daily popup annoying you about their DFS.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

coronaball posted:

Quite so. The same guy ran a 10-man football league where 8 teams made the playoffs and there were no waivers at all, just a giant free for all.

Is there a site where I can plug in all this weird poo poo and get a decent cheatsheet?

I played in a no-waiver football league once. Man, that was crazy.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ozymandius1024 posted:

I won a public league that I joined last year, so I decided to re-join it this season as well since my buddies don't play fantasy baseball anymore. Unfortunately for me, it's a keeper league, and I've never done a keeper league before.

What kind of things do you take into account when selecting your keepers, and are there any specific pitfalls that I should avoid?

First thing to do is give us the keeper rules.

How many players can you keep?
Can you keep the players without regard to the round they were drafted in?
Can you only keep players only in certain rounds?
If auction league, does their price stay the same or goes higher every season you keep him?
Or does it get incrementally higher every season? For example, you can keep Trout for $50 this year but his price goes up $5 next season to $55 and if you keep him the following season it goes up $10 to $65 and so on.
Is there a a season limit on how long you can keep the player?

coronaball posted:

Must keep 3 of these 4 in a H2H 10 man league. No draft pick or budget considerations.

1. Altuve
2. Springer
3. Miguel Cabrera
4. Pollock

It's madness to consider Pollock over Miguel Cabrera, right? Even if Cabrera continues to break down physically I'm depending on Pollock to at exceed the career year he had last year.

I'm probably in the minority but I wouldn't keep Cabrera. He is on the wrong side of 30 and time to cut lose.

jabro fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 3, 2016

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

coronaball posted:

Yeah I ended up taking Team 2 and keeping all those guys. A little iffy about Beltre and Hamels but I have time to think about it.

Actually I think I'll just throw Beltre back and keep 7 guys

Do you get an extra first pick or something? If not then there is no penalty for keeping him so I don't see why you wouldn't since all the third basemen better than him should be kept. And if you do somehow get a better third baseman then package Beltre with someone else to upgrade another position.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Doltos posted:

Someone in my yahoo public league posted this about me:

my teams name is mollywhollop :/

Thanks for posting that you propose lovely trades.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Go go auto-drafted Perez, Gordon, and Hosmer.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

liveandlove posted:

It's really my own fault since I'm the commissioner and in the 6 years or so of our league not one trade has ever been vetoed so I've neglected to even care about turning off trade veto voting.

Since you can't reverse the veto as you're a part of the trade the only solution is to be the bigger baby. Take your ball and go home. Cancel the league.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Gray has been scratched for tonight. Food poisoning.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Abel Wingnut posted:

bench richards vs arrieta? he'll rack up some K, but i have a hard time seeing him get the win. qs...maybe?

Yes, you should bench someone on the second day of the season who is pitching against a 30 year old pitcher who has had one good year. This is not overthinking anything.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Picked up Story this morning off waivers in my goon league. Can't start players same day you pick them up. :negative:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Moneyball posted:

So this Trevor Story fellow.

I'm riding him until he dies.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What are you linking to?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

kensei posted:

Tuffy Rhodes hit 3 HR in a game on opening day in 1994 for the Cubs. He was actually owned in our fantasy league and the guy thought he would do that all year...

He didn't

That is completely different though. It was his 5th year in the majors so you knew what you were getting with Rhodes. I'm not saying Story is Babe Ruth but you can't compare him to Rhodes.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

:siren: Trevor Story did not hit a HR today! Dump him now!!!!!! :siren:

Still got a hit though.

jabro fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 10, 2016

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Doltos posted:

I'll never understand waiver wire priority in yahoo. This guy literally just picked up 3 people off the waiver and still got to snag Xander Bogaerts before me.

Did you get someone off waivers after his 3 and before Bogaerts? That would drop you below his priority.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Spoeank posted:

If you thought an 86.5% LOB% (career 74.9%), .229 BABIP (career .298), 7.3% HR/FB (career 9.2%) and a 0.84 WHIP (career 1.19) weren't going to come crashing back to earth moving to a bandbox then I don't know. Maybe I should have been more vocal about it but he was firmly on my do not draft list.

Not to mention his anxiety issues plus he has always been vocal about not caring about winning and just getting a paycheck.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

It's not you. :)

Our league has 10 keeper slots. If it were only 3 keepers, I would agree with you. (Mostly. I do think he has top-30 potential, but it sure isn't worth the K spot on the gamble. Especially with the injury.)

loving gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress.

I was staring at him for literally hours last week trying to decide if I should grab him. Decided to try and wait it out a bit. Now he's gone. :cry:

e: I'd also like to just vent and say that drafting Suarez as my everyday SS was a brilliant move topped only by dropping him for Cesar Hernandez the 1st day. :downsgun:

The same guy who grabbed Schwarber grabbed him.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

No, the AGL All Stars grabbed Schwarber. I'm actually playing the team that picked up Suarez (The JOB Squad), which makes it even worse.

I was referencing Mazara and didn't notice that edit when writing.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Inspector_666 posted:

oh boy Verlander and Price both imploding today has done wonders for my pitching line for the week.

If you expected anything else from Verlander then that is your own fault.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Michael Corleone posted:

Picked up RICH HILL and sent out a feeler on what the Story owner would want, wheeling and dealing!

How did you send this feeler out?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mallex Smith is day-to-day after losing a fight against his batting helmet.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dammit, Grichuk's game started after Blackmon was listed as out.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

euphronius posted:

I told you guys about Velasquez.

In my friend league he has already given me 36 points so far today so thank you.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rand alPaul posted:

I think he just had dead-arm and will be fine. The Royals road him like a rented mule when another team would have just made him skip a start.

Every good starter except like 2 have been shelled so far this season. I'm trying to flip Story right now so wish me luck!

Every team runs their rental pitchers into the ground.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rand alPaul posted:

Yeah I meant that if he wasn't rented they would have just let him skip a start. Didn't mean to single out KC as the only team that does it. CC Sabathia started like every other day for Milwaukee :laugh:

That's who first came to mind. drat that was an amazing run.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Felter Chesthard posted:

Somehow Archer was dropped in my 10 man. My most expendable batters are Piscotti, Franco, Odor and pitchers Iglesias, VVelasquez, and Osuna. We have small benches but I can't pass this up. I am thinking Velasquez makes the most sense? 5x5 h2h league with OBP instead of AVG.

Carrasco was dropped in my friend 10 team league. I have 3rd waiver so hoping people don't check the league page during the week since it's a weekly lineup league.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Felter Chesthard posted:

That's crazy. I have 6 pitchers I would drop before Carrasco. Good luck.

He'll be at home with Scherzer, Archer, Keuchel, McHugh, Velásquez, Lackey, and Shields. :getin:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You guys are funny. He only gave up 2 ERs but also struck out the side. He can still get the QS.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

jabro posted:

You guys are funny. He only gave up 2 ERs but also struck out the side. He can still get the QS.

Nevermind

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

euphronius posted:

THEY ARE UNEARNED RUNS!!

I just saw that. How the hell is a 3 run HR unearned?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Spoeank posted:

Drew Smyly was my dude for a few years but only ended up with him in half my leagues this year.

Good on ya Drew :unsmith:

Drew is gonna Drew and give up 8 in 3 innings next start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I love friend leagues!

• Locked thread