Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Doltos posted:

Anyone doing a cash league for this? I usually do a Yahoo pro 20 but I'd rather have a goon league

Senf posted:

I don't want to run one but I'd definitely be interested in joining v:shobon:v

I would be down as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Drafted a team today for a 12 team H2H 5x5. pretty happy with it overall. I had the 1st pick.

C: Salvador Perez
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Rougned Odor
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Cory Seager
OF: Mike Trout
OF: Starling Marte
OF: Justin Upton
UTIL: Alex Gordon
UTIL: Stephen Piscotty
BN: Jung-ho Kang

SP: David Price, Marcus Stroman, Shelby Miller, Drew Smyly, Wade Miley, Ian Kennedy, Kevin Gausman, Doug Fister
RP: Wade Davis, Glen Perkins, Brad Boxberger, Roberto Osuna

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Drafted for a yahoo Pro 20 H2H league, draft was last night, I had the 10 spot. 12 team H2H standard 5x5 PRO 20 league.

C: Wilson Ramos/Yasmani Grandal (I'll drop one eventually)
1B: Joey Votto
2B: Kolten Wong
3B: Matt Carpenter
SS: Manny Machado
OF: AJ Pollock
OF: Yasiel Puig
OF: Corey Dickerson
UTIL: Randal Grichuk
UTIL: Stephen Piscotty
BN: Michael Brantley (17th round pick)

SP: David Price, Cole Hamels, Yu Darvish, Steven Matz, Michael Pineda, Ian Kennedy, Hector Santiago, Anthony Desclafani
RP: Wade Davis, Zach Britton, Sean Doolittle

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Schweinhund posted:

I like having a draft early because by the time April rolls around all the good sleepers have been hyped to death and they end up not being sleepers anymore.

Exactly.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Drafted another Yahoo PRO20 H2H team.

C: Yasmani Grandal
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Addison Russell
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
UTIL: Gregory Polanco
BN: Stephen Piscotty
BN: Eugenio Suarez

SP: Dallas Keuchel, Jon Lester, Francisco Liriano, Jose Quintana, Steven Matz, Ian Kennedy, Hector Santiago
RP: Wade Davis, Glen Perkins, Carter Capps, David Hernandez

Hopefully this is the year Stanton finally stays healthy. Not thrilled with Russell at SS, but all the good ones went super early.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 24, 2016

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

:rip: Carter Capps. ahhh the hazards of drafting early.

I drafted 2 more teams over the last week or so. One more PRO20 league, and one just for fun league with a buddy of mine.

PRO20 12 team H2H 5x5

C: Wellington Castillo
3B: Matt Carpenter
SS: Manny Machado
OF: JD Martinez
OF: Gregory Polanco
UTIL: David Peralta
BN: Kevin Pillar
BN: Steven Souza Jr.

SP: Chris Archer, Adam Wainwright, Marcus Stroman, Shelby Miller, Drew Smyly, Ian Kennedy, Mike Leake
RP: Glen Perkins, Brad Boxberger, Roberto Osuna, Carter Capps :rip:

-----------------

for fun 12 team H2H 5x5

C: Matt Wieters
1B: Chris Davis
3B: Daniel Murphy (for now vv)
SS: Corey Seager
OF: Bryce Harper
OF: JD Martinez
UTIL: Gregory Polanco
BN: Kevin Pillar
BN: Stephen Piscotty
BN: Logan Forsythe

SP: Gerrit Cole, Jon Lester, Shelby Miller, Jose Quintana, Ian Kennedy, Hector Santiago, Andrew Heaney
RP: Zach Britton, Roberto Osuna, Carter Capps :rip:

I dropped Capps yesterday for the Fernando Rodney Experience (:barf:), and another guy in the league had sent out an email saying he was looking to trade for relievers, so I figured might as well throw something out there.

I offered him Daniel Murphy/Rodney for Kyle Seager.
He countered with Murphy/Rodney/Quintana for Seager/Tanaka.
I mashed.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

DoctaFun posted:

Absolutely grab the best player available for rounds 1 and 2, maybe even into the 3rd round honestly.

Especially if you look at 1B this year, I don't think there's a lot of sure things at that position.

You have:

Goldie
Rizzo
Votto
EE ? (injury concerns)
Miggy ?(old)

Abreu ? (slumped last year a bit)
A-Gon (old)
Davis (K machine )
Pujols (old and dying)

Freeman
Hosmer
Belt

To be honest, I don't know if there's more than 2-3 sure thing 1Bs this year. I think there's definite risk with guys like EE/Miggy/A-gon/etc.

Yeah, 1B is kind of a wasteland this year after the 2nd/3rd round after Abreu and Davis are gone. Every team I've drafted this year I've taken a 1B in the first 3 rounds, Abreu/Votto/Crush.

I think Abreu is a pretty safe pick, he'll give you .290+/30/100.

And I'm a believer that Crush's 2014 was an anomaly, I think he will hit at least .260 and maybe closer to .280.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

yeah, that's not a ridiculously unfair trade.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

bewbies posted:

H2H points, no keepers.

Team 1 gets:
Odor
Donaldson
Boegarts
Alex Gordon

Team 2 gets:
Cano
CarGo
Correa
Gregory Polanco

I like team 2 side.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

bewbies posted:

I just traded Donaldson, Snydergaard, and Betts for Harper and DeGrom, standard H2H points.

I'm not sure how to feel about this....

my initial reaction: you gave up too much.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Senf posted:

If available, maybe give Danny Valencia a shot :getin:

gently caress yeah dude, I'm all over Valencia this year. apparently Joey Bats taught him his leg kick, he's gonna be playing full time probably batting cleanup in Oakland, has 3B and OF eligibility, I think he could hit 30 bombs.

only 24% owned on yahoo.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 23, 2016

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Felter Chesthard posted:

I am in a roto league for the first time. 5x5 with OBP instead of AVG.

With pick 2 I am going with Harper and I am looking at Rizzo/Bautista in the second and Pollock/Betts in the third. I think this is realistic based on our H2H points draft last season but is there anyone else I should be targeting because of OBP instead of AVG?

Votto

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Felter Chesthard posted:

Would you take Votto as high as the third over Mookie? I don't think he will make it to the back end of the 4th.

Thanks bewbies!

how many teams are in this league? Votto shouldn't make it to the third round in an OBP league.

he's an OBP monster.

last season in the 2nd half he had a .535 OBP :drat: . Ridiculous.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

bewbies posted:

Someone offered me Kinsler for Springer straight up (standard h2h). Current 2B is Odor.

Someone talk me out of this.

Springer seems way more valuable than Kinsler and Kinsler doesn't seem like a big upgrade over Odor? :confused:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Docta, your SP staff is insane. :stare:

Well done.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

Which SP would you go with in a h2h points league?

Kevin Gausman or Ian Kennedy

Going into draft season I had some optimism for getting some value out of Kennedy with him moving to a winning clubhouse and a vastly improved defense, but he has looked like hot garbage all spring. I'd avoid him until he starts showing something.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

My buddy offered me a tempting trade, but wanted some input from you guys...

Give: Tanaka
Get: Odor

I love Odor, and am a bit worried about Tanaka's health. My current 2B is Kolten Wong. The problem I'm having is what to do with Wong if I take the trade. I've been trying to trade him for the past few days and no one is biting. So it would weaken my pitching and make Wong essentially a bench bat I guess unless I can find a buyer.

rest of my SP:

Cole, Lester, Shelby, Santiago, Joe Ross, Heaney

12 team H2H 5x5

thoughts?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Mash, drop Wong for a pitcher. Stash Berrios if you can because he might be up before the end of April.

ChiTownEddie posted:

I'd do that.

Thanks fellas, pulled the trigger :cheers:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

euphronius posted:

Maybe we should all post our sleeper late round / $1 / waiver wire pick ups.

Like Vincent Velasquez

If for some strange reason Trevor Story is unowned in your league... get on that poo poo right now.

edit: other late round/waiver wire flier guyers

Juan Nicasio (ridiculous Ks all spring, Searage)
Danny Valencia (see my previous post on him)
Hector Santiago
Joe Ross
Andrew Heaney
Jeremy Jeffress (MIL closer now that Will Smith tore his knee taking his shoe off :downs: )
Alex Colome

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 30, 2016

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Yesss gambling on Osuna in drafts paid off, Blue Jays named him closer over Storen today. :rock:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

euphronius posted:

You'd have to look in the CBA to see if he can be suspended in such circumstances.

I think Reyes will at the very least get as much of a suspension as Chapman did, and probably more.

He's available in 3 of my leagues, but I think I'm not going to bother picking him up. He wasn't that great last year, and even after he comes back, who's to say the Rockies even want him back.

It does put a cloud over Story's value though. :(

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

yeah, those deals are kind of silly. except for the Carrasco one, that one seems pretty fair.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

I send out feeler trades and expect a counter offer. People that just reject without a message or don't counter offer are the plague upon fantasy leagues.

Some people just don't want to trade. That doesn't make them dicks.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Did you read the second part of that sentence where I said reject without a message? How am I supposed to know the person doesn't want to trade more if they just hit reject?

I stand by my statement. If I don't want to trade I send a message saying that or I send a counter offer. Very simple etiquette especially in yahoo leagues where I don't know any of these people personally.

I hardly ever get a message with a rejection after the first offer. If you're persistent, THEN people will usually take the time to tell you they are not interested, but most of the time they will just straight out reject offers they don't like. And no offense, but that offer wasn't a good one.

You're expecting way too much from people.

Doltos posted:

To each their own. I'd never want to play in a league where people just straight reject without even trying to communicate.

are you new to public leagues or something? this isn't uncommon.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 1, 2016

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

DoctaFun posted:

Pretty happy with that :). Now I have eliteness all over my team.

If you don't win this league you should be ashamed. :colbert:

That team is sick, Docta. :respek:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

coronaball posted:

On Yahoo, can you change the number of playoff teams post-draft but before the season starts? I'm trying to get my commish to reduce our 10 man league's playoff teams from 8 to 6 for obvious reasons, but he's balking and playing dumb. Yahoo help was no help.

8 playoff teams in a 10 team league? yeah that's retarded. But if the commish won't change it, not much you can do. I don't know if he could or not.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

DoctaFun posted:

I would love it if I got a message back from every trade proposal I sent, but I'd say about 1 out of every 10 declines comes with a message.

I wouldn't take it personally. I actually get more annoyed when a trade proposal just sits and they don't accept or decline and just let it expire. I don't know if they just never see it or if they are just not interested and too lazy to hit the decline button.

Rand alPaul posted:

I get very few messages, too, but I really dislike the person that lets it expire on their own instead of just rejecting it the first chance they get.

agreed 100%, it is super annoying when they just leave it there and let it run out the 10 days until it expires. Too lazy to even click a button.

And you guys seem to agree it's not unusual to not get a message, it's more uncommon that I actually do get a message with a rejected trade offer.

Docta is right, don't take it personal.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

AJ Pollock to the DL with Elbow Surgery :stare:

God damnit. Brutal. I have him in a pro league. :smithicide:

At least it's the same pro league where I was inexplicably able to draft Brantley in the 16th round, so maybe I'll still have a chance. but drat that sucks.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Poque posted:

I'm personally considering Dickerson right around replacement level this season and I'm fairly up on Peralta. But I also like Story.... Your thoughts may vary but I think you can do better than Dickerson

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of Dickerson right now. But I like Peralta a lot this year and wish I had him on more teams.

And Story could be great or he could bust, but his hype is insane right now.

Abel Wingnut posted:

pollock's probably going to miss the season, right?

sounds like it. :smithicide:

2nd rounder down the drain. god damnit.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

DeepDickPizza posted:

In unrelated news, what are people's feelings on Cesar Hernandez? I like his multi-position availability and speed and it seems like he'll be batting leadoff, even if it's at the top of a bad lineup. I want to pick him up, but not sure who I'd really drop for him in any of my three leagues. He seems like he could be one of those early season WW pickups that really carries your season.

My feeling are pretty much exactly the same as yours on him. I like him, and picked him up in one of my leagues. In the other 2 leagues of mine where he is available, I'd like to pick him up, but can't figure out anyone to drop. But his speed and 2B/3B/SS eligibility makes him a perfect plug-in bench speed guy for H2H. He had 6 steals in 64 ABs in spring training which is some nice speed, and hitting leadoff certainly helps.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

DeepDickPizza posted:

Seconded.

Kaiser, you seem to be in a great situation to take a shot on Hernandez's upside. Most of those other guys are mediocre quantities.

Someone in one of my Pro leagues dropped Kang and he just cleared waivers so I picked him up, DLed him, then picked up Hernandez. :ninja:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

Is Colome going to close for the Rays? I can't imagine Danny Farquhar gets it.

Seems like it. I read something yesterday that Farqhuar was fighting for a roster spot, let alone the closer gig. I think Colome has a good chance to take the job and run with it even after Boxberger comes back. I've picked him up in a few leagues.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

assuming you're getting Mookie in that deal, mash accept like yesterday. GO NOW.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Trevor Story :swoon:

3 run bomb of Grienke

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Story again off Grienke!!!! :woop:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Dexter Fowler is worth burning a #3 waiver, right? Someone dropped in him one of my H2H yahoo Pro leagues for Koji Uehara. :stare:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Senf posted:

What does your OF look? But uh, yeah. I'd definitely do it.

My OF is kind of loaded. for 3 OF/2 UTIL spots.

Stanton/Springer/Upton/Polanco/Grichuk/Piscotty

But Fowler could be a 20/20 guy and score 100 runs easy at the top of that lineup, so I'll still put a claim in.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who of those are you benching

Schweinhund posted:

Fowler is ranked the 48th best OF here: http://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/rankings/of.php. He's probably better than that but I'm not using the #3 waiver on him. The Cubs lineup is nice and all but people really overrate that effect. I mean he played in Colorado for 6 years and averaged 8/17. Nowhere near 20/20.

Yeah, you're right after taking a closer look at his career stats. Last year's power and speed were outliers.

thanks for talking some sense into me, that's why I asked here. :cheers:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Moneyball posted:

Huh. Some nice players available on waivers.

ZEID dropped Francisco Rodriguez, Det to W
ZEID dropped Robinson Cano, Sea to W
ZEID dropped Jonathan Papelbon, Wsh to W
ZEID dropped Russell Martin, Tor to W
ZEID dropped Jon Lester, ChC to W
ZEID dropped Carlos Carrasco, Cle to W
ZEID dropped Brad Ziegler, Ari to W
ZEID dropped Jason Heyward, ChC to W
ZEID dropped Todd Frazier, CWS to W
ZEID dropped Jake Arrieta, ChC to W
ZEID dropped Jordan Zimmermann, Det to W
ZEID dropped Brett Lawrie, CWS to W
ZEID dropped Mike Fiers, Hou to W
ZEID dropped Kyle Seager, Sea to W
ZEID dropped Starling Marte, Pit to W
ZEID dropped Garrett Richards, LAA to W
ZEID dropped Brandon Belt, SF to W
ZEID dropped Billy Hamilton, Cin to W
ZEID dropped Josh Harrison, Pit to W
ZEID dropped Kolten Wong, StL to W
ZEID dropped George Springer, Hou to W
ZEID dropped Cody Allen, Cle to W
ZEID dropped David Peralta, Ari to W

Where do I begin?

ZEID: " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYjUcSRrdbk "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Trevor Story owns, guys.

• Locked thread